Photos of Chicago, IL

Today's photos were taken under the Red Line tracks. Quite an interesting collection here.

Now for the surprise I found:

Surprised these are still around. :shock:

I love the fishes on the mural. My favorite. Good photos. Much better than the Winter photos which is hard to take pictures in this cold weather. You are a good photographer. :thumb:

I love the fishes on the mural. My favorite. Good photos. Much better than the Winter photos which is hard to take pictures in this cold weather. You are a good photographer. :thumb:

Why, thank you. It helps to have a decent quality camera to do that. That, and knowing where to look, too.

Today's photos were taken before the Chicago Air & Water Show, and also on the way back so I wouldn't get heatstroke.

Oops, I forgot to add these two:

These were taken at the mouth of the Chicago River, and this opening leads to Lake Michigan itself.

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

My wife was recently at the top of Willis Tower(formerly called the Sears Tower) and on that Skydeck Ledge they have up there....actually, there's four of them! I stayed down and held her purse.......:lol:

I've done it twice now. Once in the morning & once at night. If I have time during one of my layovers in Chicago this fall I may do The Tilt at the Hancock building.

Today's photos were taken along the eastern and northern sides of the Red Line on Glenwood Ave and Touhy Ave, as well as Lunt Ave.

Today's photos were taken during my ride on the bike path next to Lake Shore Drive, and I went quite far, too. :shock:

Fog shots are always cool! :D

It was something new to try, and I knew that with how dense it was earlier today, I would have plenty of time to get the photos I wanted. It's still clearing up now, although I'm pretty sure it's gonna take time. That, and I had never ridden that far before.

Today's photos were taken under the Red Line tracks. Quite an interesting collection here.

. . .

Now for the surprise I found:

. . .

Surprised these are still around. :shock:
You certainly have a lot of artists in your city! :)

All right..... today's photos will be a 3-part section, since I can only put up 20 images at one time, and there are 49 photos to upload.

That's Part 1. Part 2 coming up.

Last edited:
Continued from Part 1

That's Part 2. Part 3, and the last one, will have 9 photos.

Very nice photos. I'm surprised people don't vandalize or do graffiti the paintings/drawings/murals.

Nice job!

Back