Photos of Chicago, IL

Very nice photos. I'm surprised people don't vandalize or do graffiti the paintings/drawings/murals.

Nice job!

Thanks. Finding places to photograph is getting a little harder to do, since I've pretty much covered a large area, but there are a couple more places I need to get to.

Mark you are doing a terrific job. I'm really enjoying all your photos. I know I've seen some of those places but it was many many years ago.

Mark you are doing a terrific job. I'm really enjoying all your photos. I know I've seen some of those places but it was many many years ago.

I figured you might've seen some of them previously, and a lot has changed.

:D Wow, so much art, I didn't know there were so many art pieces and designs!
You have a variety of photos:D
:ty: very much for posting all these great pictures

:D Wow, so much art, I didn't know there were so many art pieces and designs!
You have a variety of photos:D
:ty: very much for posting all these great pictures

You're welcome. I like to keep this thread interesting, and vary how I do things.

This is the Rogers Park Chicago Public Library. The building next to it is a school.

Today's photos after the storm were spur of the moment, and something for me to do, so here they are:

These four were taken at Ridge & Granville, not far from where I live:

The next photos show the brand new Ravenswood Metra station, due to open later this year:

This next photo is of the Conrad Schulzer Regional Library on Lincoln Ave, one of three that's open on Sundays:

This photo is Lawrence Ave, between California Ave and Albany Ave:

That's located in Albany Park.

The next two photos are of the Chicago River, with the CTA's Brown Line tracks in the background:

This is also located in Albany Park.

Great pics! Thank you for sharing. I love photography :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics! Thank you for sharing. I love photography :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm finding that I am, too. It keeps me busy, and it also takes me to new places to photograph, as well. In fact, I'm hoping to get a picture of the Tower Clock this week.

Who does all the murals in your city , do you have a program for kids
to do these to help keep them off the streets ? I know some cities are doing this .. I like them and good photos.

Who does all the murals in your city , do you have a program for kids
to do these to help keep them off the streets ? I know some cities are doing this .. I like them and good photos.

Some of them were done by the kids, yes. Some of the earlier photos were done that way. Not too sure about the murals, though, but it's entirely possible. And yes, the city does have projects for kids to keep them busy.

Some of them were done by the kids, yes. Some of the earlier photos were done that way. Not too sure about the murals, though, but it's entirely possible. And yes, the city does have projects for kids to keep them busy.

There use to be a program called' Summer Thing ' in Boston it was an art program for kids and my sister and brother in law and some friends help get the program started . It's really importance for the cities to have programs in the summer for kids who can't afford to go to camps or take vacations.

There use to be a program called' Summer Thing ' in Boston it was an art program for kids and my sister and brother in law and some friends help get the program started . It's really importance for the cities to have programs in the summer for kids who can't afford to go to camps or take vacations.

The ones here do a lot more than that. It keeps them from getting into all sorts of trouble, and it keeps them busy. I support programs like these, and it's good to have.

The ones here do a lot more than that. It keeps them from getting into all sorts of trouble, and it keeps them busy. I support programs like these, and it's good to have.

You could teach kids how to take photos once you get really good at it.

You could teach kids how to take photos once you get really good at it.

That'll take a few years. Still need to work on a couple of things, and one of them is keeping my finger out of the way of the camera lens. I don't like it when I see my finger in the pictures. It's annoying.

I returned back to the Lake Shore Drive bike path to grab a few pictures, but ended up with these instead:

Last edited:
Back