My first appointment for CI

Thank you to Botti and HA! :)

My PHP is denial on me. I don't really like this company. My husband called to PHP to figure it out why it's denial. I got a letter from PHP yesterday. It made me pissed off!

PHP's medical policy for cochlear implants states that preligually-deafened adults must use oral/aural communication to be eligble for an implant under the plan. Most insurance companies do not have this situation, but this is why I were denied through PHP.

My husband said it's not fair! Why it's adult must be oral communication skill??? Damn it! I has usher syndrome and deaf with born way. He don't like his php company through his employee. He can't wait to get a new job and find the best health benefit in future.

I have a good news! My medicare is cover for implant
Well at least you've got the chance to get ONE in the ear you REALLY need it in. I'm happy for you. On the other hand, since you have Usher's that could be a point in your favor......
You sure you couldn't fight it through PHP? It's possible that they are being stingy what with the status of our ecnomy. (healthcare is rationed in crappy ecnomies)

Congratulations on getting all your dates all set, Pinky! It gives you something to really look forward to. I have every faith everything will turn out just fine for you. Keep us posted on your progress! :)

DD,

Medicare does not pay for bilateral CIs even for those who are deafblind.

Congratulations on getting all your dates all set, Pinky! It gives you something to really look forward to. I have every faith everything will turn out just fine for you. Keep us posted on your progress! :)

Awww! Thank you! I can't wait!!!

Do you think it's so FAST???? I felt it's so fast time! :D

When I did it, it felt like it was all happening so fast! I went for an evaluation in August, without ANY decision to do it. By the time the evaluation ended, somehow I had a set date for surgery in November! I remember thinking "Did I just decide to get a CI?!?! How did that happen?!"

Wow thats great, very soon..

Yeah i know what you mean as when i had my first appt, the surgeon told me to expect to wait 2 years before being operated due to UK's funding......but it was over within 6 months! I was totally unprepared for it. When i got the date of OP I was supposed to be in Ireland racing a boat so had to cancell the race. There were no way i would miss my operation date or wait any longer.

My Second Appointment today!

I went to ENT this morning. I took a CT Scan done. I went to counseling with audiologist. My brand of ci and custom color is Nucleus Freedom Standard. I will have two different color is full black and full pink switch. I picked 4 color of microphone caps is ALL pearl pink, blue, green and violet. I went other unit with doctor. We discussed about surgery and recovery. I will stay all night at hospital for one day. He gave me 3 different prescriptions ready. This is for prevent of bacteria, nausea, and pain pills. I have to take a medicine to prevent of bacteria in one day before surgery.

I asked to audiologist give me a copy of my audiogram

My hearing test result

Right ear is 1000H-115dB hz 3000 Hz 115 dB hz
Left ear is 750 Hz-115dBhz 4000 hz 120 dB hz

Right ear without HA is 95% hearing loss
Left ear without HA is 95% hearing loss

R with HA is 60%
L with HA is 65%

My option an implant on my left ear.

I hope my audiogram chart can understand you. My audiologist's handwriting is little complex to me. I might be mistake or right. I don't know.

Pinky,

Things look like they are continuing to progress which is good news. I stayed overnight after both of my CI surgeries as well because my surgeon wanted to keep an eye on me to watch for dizziness. Please continue to let us know how everything goes.

Pinky,

Things look like they are continuing to progress which is good news. I stayed overnight after both of my CI surgeries as well because my surgeon wanted to keep an eye on me to watch for dizziness. Please continue to let us know how everything goes.

Thank you! It was good idea for me to stay overnight. I can't wait until June 11. It will be all over with surgery. Umm I have a question. I am wonder does anyone experience with weight loss for not eat that much after surgery for few days?

I just curious about the taste change after surgery. It taste like a penny in the mouth and tongue. How long it take a days goes away?

Back