My first appointment for CI

I can't find the link. I will ask my audiologist again when I see her. I was confusing about 22 and 24 between. I might be misunderstand what she said. I guess you're right.

No worries, Best to check... ((Hugs)) I am so excited for you.

Yes, being implanted is the biggest change to your life, I was only 10 when I got implanted but it made me life so better and improved my speech and hearing!

Yes, being implanted is the biggest change to your life, I was only 10 when I got implanted but it made me life so better and improved my speech and hearing!

Of course! It will change my bigger life. You're lucky to being implanted when you're 10. My parent were consider about me to get CI when I was 6. I was afraid of hospital with surgery. My dad told my mom to wait until I get older to make a decide. Yes, I read your blog! I am happy for you! Keep it up and don't give it up on CI. :thumb:

Thank you for added me to befriend! I am looking forward to make my own blog of CI journey soon! :D

My parents actually considered me to become a CI candiate at 5 years old after it was suggested by one of the audi i was seeing but I was too "borderline" and had too much "hearing" with my HA's

I look forward to reading about your CI journey as I cannot really remember mine. I remember the operation and the MRI/ CT scan but thats about it.

How old are you now?

My parents actually considered me to become a CI candiate at 5 years old after it was suggested by one of the audi i was seeing but I was too "borderline" and had too much "hearing" with my HA's

I look forward to reading about your CI journey as I cannot really remember mine. I remember the operation and the MRI/ CT scan but thats about it.

How old are you now?

I'm 27 half years old. I will be 28 in Oct.

What made you decide to go ahead for the CI now?

What made you decide to go ahead for the CI now?

I made good decide to get CI for reason. Because I have a family and friends are hearing. I felt lonely & isolate and depress without communicate when I can't hear them. My husband is hearing and know sign language. He is not fluent ASL yet. And plus I can't see at night in dark. I felt bored without communicate, listen the music, sound environment.

My concern about my vision problem when I have a baby. I couldn't hear baby's crying or cooing. It would be difficult for me to attention on baby's needs. That's why I wanted to get CI asap before I get first pregnant. CI is very important for my life. I always want to get CI since last few years ago. I learned it from my third cousin's two CI work for him as well. He has RP same as mine. He is more lucky than I was raising with deaf-mute. But I felt bad for him because he have no father. He is only 6 half years old now.

Lucia and Pinky FYI....there's a BIG difference between being totally anti CI and being a bit cautious about a second CI.
All I was saying was that it might be a good idea to try a bimodal approach. Some people really do respond well to that approach. Yes, I'm not an audi BUT it's pretty well known that everyone responds differently to different technology. I would have the exact same "be cautious" attitude if there was all this excitment and interest about a new type of hearing aid. Yes, people can think for themselves.....but there are also many people who get suckered in by the exitement about a new device. I just think people should be very careful about new devices etc.
However now that Pinky's posted some more info......I do think that maybe a bilateral approach is a good idea...I mean she does have deep profound loss. ....and I'm actually very surprised to hear that Pinky has useful residual hearing. That's interesting. Maybe it's time to junk the hearing aid. No more having to pay out of pocket. There's also the plus that she has RP.....it does seem like it would be easier for folks to get approved for bilateral if they have sight issues.. I think even Medicaid might pay for both. ....Actually I wonder..... Maybe a good idea might be to do some real life networking, and see if your audi can't hook you up with someone who uses a bimodal approach currently, someone who used a bimodal approach but switched to CI after and then someone who decided to go for a bimodal approach right off the bat.

When you will stop to act like anti-CI? Your debate has been served on purpose and none of your business to interfere with anyone who want or interest in CI.

I asked you so many time about need source to support your statement about CI make any profit, even doctors make profit, I don't believe about what are you saying and many of your post that regards with CI issue is myth.

Hearing aids aren't for everyone, even Pinky don't get any benefit with HA.

Flickr: Kateweb's Photostream I am somewhere in their I have some new photos going up tonight or tomorrow .

Your hair looks great. I had blue hair once but the blue did not hold too well so I had it only for a week and it faded and so I then went with Vampire Red from Manic Panic instead. That was like 9 years ago or so. Right now I have Hot Hot Pink from Manic Panic, and it holds quite well.

I can't find the link. I will ask my audiologist again when I see her. I was confusing about 22 and 24 between. I might be misunderstand what she said. I guess you're right.

It does have 24 electrodes but 2 of them is used for grounding while the other 22 electrodes goes into your cochlea. So, you're really using 22 electrodes even if they say there is 24 electrodes.

I have a bad and good news! My PHP is denial on me. I don't really like this company. My husband called to PHP to figure it out why it's denial. I got a letter from PHP yesterday. It made me pissed off!

PHP's medical policy for cochlear implants states that preligually-deafened adults must use oral/aural communication to be eligble for an implant under the plan. Most insurance companies do not have this situation, but this is why I were denied through PHP.

My husband said it's not fair! Why it's adult must be oral communication skill??? Damn it! I has usher syndrome and deaf with born way. He don't like his php company through his employee. He can't wait to get a new job and find the best health benefit in future.

I have a good news! My medicare is cover for implant. Yayaya! Thank god! I will let you know when is my surgery schedule. I will go to doctor to get a Pneumococcal vaccination on Tuesday. I don't want to be last minutes to get surgery without vaccination.

:hyper: :D

Oh thats a pity for PHP but yay for medicare... Phew!! Brilliant.
Yes i got my PPV Vac way before (in feb 08) i got approved for CI (which was April 08) since i thought i would have it as precaution anyway CI or not.

Look forward to hear your Date of Op hope it's very soon.

Oh thats a pity for PHP but yay for medicare... Phew!! Brilliant.
Yes i got my PPV Vac way before (in feb 08) i got approved for CI (which was April 08) since i thought i would have it as precaution anyway CI or not.

Look forward to hear your Date of Op hope it's very soon.

Wow! It's long times. I thought it's 2 weeks before operation.

Hi Pinky,

I haven't been able to respond to your thread until now, but I wanted to wish you all the best with your CI journey. I'm so glad to hear things are progressing well for you. :D Please continue to keep us updated!

I have a bad and good news! My PHP is denial on me. I don't really like this company. My husband called to PHP to figure it out why it's denial. I got a letter from PHP yesterday. It made me pissed off!

PHP's medical policy for cochlear implants states that preligually-deafened adults must use oral/aural communication to be eligble for an implant under the plan. Most insurance companies do not have this situation, but this is why I were denied through PHP.

My husband said it's not fair! Why it's adult must be oral communication skill??? Damn it! I has usher syndrome and deaf with born way. He don't like his php company through his employee. He can't wait to get a new job and find the best health benefit in future.

I have a good news! My medicare is cover for implant. Yayaya! Thank god! I will let you know when is my surgery schedule. I will go to doctor to get a Pneumococcal vaccination on Tuesday. I don't want to be last minutes to get surgery without vaccination.

:hyper: :D

Alot of first claims are not approved.

Good luck since Medicare approved it. I had to fight my insurance for over a year to approve my bilateral implants. It was worth it. I look forward to hearing all about your journey.

Thank you! I've been fight with company to be approve for my disabilited reason. No wonder why everyone are fight over the medicare, other health insurance companies to get a cochlear implants.

Alot of first claims are not approved.

Good luck since Medicare approved it. I had to fight my insurance for over a year to approve my bilateral implants. It was worth it. I look forward to hearing all about your journey.

Hi HA, Welcome back to AD from banned. Be good girl?? LoL It's okay. Thank you! Of course, I will keep continue on update.

Hi Pinky,

I haven't been able to respond to your thread until now, but I wanted to wish you all the best with your CI journey. I'm so glad to hear things are progressing well for you. :D Please continue to keep us updated!

My surgery schedule

I got email from ENT recently. I want to let you know about my schedule for surgery.

My pre-op, surgery, and post-op dates!

Pre-op...Thursday, 5/28/09

Surgery...Thursday, 6/11/09

Post-op...Tuesday, 6/23/09

It's sound good to me! I can't wait!

I went to doctor for appointment for my personal. I asked him to get me a vaccination. I gave him a form of Vaccination to send a fax to ENT. The nurse gave me a shot on my left upper arm today. I am glad it's all over with vaccination. I am looking forward on May 28 for pre-op. :)

I got email from ENT recently. I want to let you know about my schedule for surgery.

That's fast!! I look forward to hearing about it.

I went to doctor for appointment for my personal. I asked him to get me a vaccination. I gave him a form of Vaccination to send a fax to ENT. The nurse gave me a shot on my left upper arm today. I am glad it's all over with vaccination. I am looking forward on May 28 for pre-op. :)

That's great Pinky! Congrats! I'm so happy for you! :D

Back