My first appointment for CI

Well, I am skinny bean and post surgery my appetite was little bit less than usual so i don't think i had lost much or any weight. (i wasn't sick after surgery either)
My eating habits resumed on the day of surgery (i had full monty sandwich 4 hrs after Surgery).

I did experince taste change after surgery and it took about 4 months to disappear. I love Marmite but didn't like it when i had that funny taste so i never tried it again for couple of months, it was before xmas when someone gave me toast with marmite on it is when i realised that my funny taste had gone. Long time i know... it's not that bad to be honest just little bit annoying when we cannot eat our favourite food.

I am wonder does anyone experience with weight loss for not eat that much after surgery for few days?

I just curious about the taste change after surgery. It taste like a penny in the mouth and tongue. How long it take a days goes away?

I didn't have much of an appetite following both of my surgeries for 2-3 days because I was so tired.

As for having a metallic taste in my mouth or lack of taste, I didn't have either following my surgeries.

I was able to eat normally around 7pm after my stomach had calmed down, i didnt experience any funny tastes in my mouth i dont think. But I guess it depends on the person

I just curious about the taste change after surgery. It taste like a penny in the mouth and tongue. How long it take a days goes away?

This never happened to me. I ate like a fatty ON the day of the surgery. Much to my mother's disappointment... :)

How many days the taste will back to normal favorite food?

I didn't have much of an appetite following both of my surgeries for 2-3 days because I was so tired.

As for having a metallic taste in my mouth or lack of taste, I didn't have either following my surgeries.

everyone are different

Well, I am skinny bean and post surgery my appetite was little bit less than usual so i don't think i had lost much or any weight. (i wasn't sick after surgery either)
My eating habits resumed on the day of surgery (i had full monty sandwich 4 hrs after Surgery).

I did experince taste change after surgery and it took about 4 months to disappear. I love Marmite but didn't like it when i had that funny taste so i never tried it again for couple of months, it was before xmas when someone gave me toast with marmite on it is when i realised that my funny taste had gone. Long time i know... it's not that bad to be honest just little bit annoying when we cannot eat our favourite food.

I wish I can chat with someone who have CI user with ASL on VP. I don't have a friend whom receive CI with ASL recently. May they are shy to tell me the truth?? LOL Umm I need to know about CI question on VP instead of thread. LoL

I wish I can chat with someone who have CI user with ASL on VP. I don't have a friend whom receive CI with ASL recently. May they are shy to tell me the truth?? LOL Umm I need to know about CI question on VP instead of thread. LoL

You can email me. But i may be late replying as i am off to london today for 2 days X

I'd be happy to talk with you, but I don't have a VP. If you have any specific questions, you can send me a PM anytime.

You can PM me too. I'm afraid I am not fluent in ASL nor have a VP.

:topic:

Can someone receive a VP if they have CIs? The reason I ask is because I'd like to communicate with several ADers on the board using Hamilton Relay for the deafblind and VP. I do know ASL, PSE and SEE if that matters.

Can someone receive a VP if they have CIs? The reason I ask is because I'd like to communicate with several ADers on the board using Hamilton Relay for the deafblind and VP. I do know ASL, PSE and SEE if that matters.

It's very interesting. I never chat with deafblind on vp or tty before. I do know ASL PSE, SEE too.

Unfortunately, no one could answer my question, so I'll ask my local deafblind center instead.

8 more days to go! I am ready for surgery. I have one more question. I looked on yellow form paper. What is "Serum Preg (Qual) have drawn 5 days before surgery"? What is that for?

Yes I believe you can. I think the criteria is to be deaf or have a deaf relative. Anybody can purchase a VP so I assume you mean getting one for free. You can also check on the sorenson site. I'm sure you will find information there. Good luck!

Yes I believe you can. I think the criteria is to be deaf or have a deaf relative. Anybody can purchase a VP so I assume you mean getting one for free. You can also check on the sorenson site. I'm sure you will find information there. Good luck!

I'll take a look at Sorenson's website.

In the meantime, I will also contact the Center for Deaf and Hard of Hearing in my area.

:ty: :)

Back