It it really the deaf/Deaf community?

"Fear me" Bottesini

Unfortunately, many do and that's probably why the problems exists. I wouldn't say fear is the answer you'd want as a means to solve those issues.

OB, I was just joking around, actually. ;) (Or maybe we probably should?!) ha lol

OB, I was just joking around, actually. ;) (Or maybe we probably should?!) ha lol

Glad to know it was a joke. I just would like to see more effort made towards understanding from both sides and that's where I was coming from.

No harm done. :)

Glad to know it was a joke. I just would like to see more effort made towards understanding from both sides and that's where I was coming from.

No harm done. :)

No problemo! ;) I agree the same!

I'm glad that you do the right thing... just so unfortunate thing about many hearing parents of deaf people weren't doing it for their sake that includes mine. :aw:

I don't really think people laugh at us. Maybe a random teenager who thinks they can impress their friends by being mean to someone they think is defenceless. People don't usually make that mistake with me more than once.

People are generally courteous.

Thats my question now, too. I assumed that to be the case in some circumstances, but is that true overall, Byrdie? :confused:

They never laughed around me because they know that I would give them a hard time.......

I been known to get individuals fired from their jobs for mis-treatment towards the deaf/hoh.

I even had one interpreter blackballed.....

They never laughed around me because they know that I would give them a hard time.......

I been known to get individuals fired from their jobs for mis-treatment towards the deaf/hoh.

I even had one interpreter blackballed.....

I guess it depends on the person and who they are exposed to.

Thanks, Byrdie. :)

I don't really think people laugh at us. Maybe a random teenager who thinks they can impress their friends by being mean to someone they think is defenceless. People don't usually make that mistake with me more than once.

People are generally courteous.

I had one teenager that did that to me once. I let him have his moment with his friends and after everything was said and done--I went up to him and told him off in spoken English and I would never forget the look on his face...:laugh2:

Back