If you were born poor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know what? That you asked a question that had been answered 3 times already? Or that you don't know a ? at the end of a sentence turns it into a question?:lol:

Huh? Now I know what?

I wasn't trying to ask you that same question for the 2nd or 3rd time. I saw it the first time.

Let me clarify, the 2nd question was asking you a question based on three countries you had to choose from.
http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/96676-if-you-were-born-poor-2.html#post1972374

You said, "Sweden" but that wasn't what I was asking for in that question. I gave you three countries. Anyways, yes, I know you picked Sweden early on, and that's fine!

I wasn't trying to ask you that same question for the 2nd or 3rd time. I saw it the first time.

Let me clarify, the 2nd question was asking you a question based on three countries you had to choose from.
http://www.alldeaf.com/general-chat/96676-if-you-were-born-poor-2.html#post1972374

You said, "Sweden" but that wasn't what I was asking for in that question. I gave you three countries. Anyways, yes, I know you picked Sweden, and that's fine!

My answer second one was Sweden because I choose NONE your options. As I answer first time, I choose Sweden. No matter how many ways you ask.

My answer second one was Sweden because I choose NONE your options. As I answer first time, I choose Sweden. No matter how many ways you ask.

I understand that but that's not what I was asking for.

I said to some degree. It has some relevancy, sure. Which country you feel would give you a better chance at success while born poor in that country?

I don't understand your point at all. If a child who was born poor have a successful parents who will teach the child to be successful in one or both of their careers. :hmm: To me, that is normal for hearing children to be able find employment with their skills or talents.

If you are talking about deaf people instead of hearing people, then it is hard for us, deaf and hard of hearing, to be successful if we struggle trying to find a job and not be able to have accommodations for us to be in the hearing society.

Most of us, Native Americans (hearing and deaf), were born here in Americas and we had a good life no matter how difficult it gets. Before the whites came, we were free to use the lands to live and harvest our crops plus the hunting for foods in the forests. We did not have to pay a dime for the land to use. We are the caretakers of our lands. We did not have to pay taxes like you all do. Your customs are different than we are back then. They push us back in the burner so that we had to suffered what the immigrants and white people who were born in USA and Canada and other lower country like Mexico and South America. The White people and the Spanish people want to reaped all they wanted and tried to take them away from us.

So today, if we are poor as usual no matter where we live and have to survive what we can obtain getting a job, even a menial job. The only thing that bother me the most is why we must to go to college or technical college to get successful job if we could afford it. As for scholarship fund or getting some college loans to help us get ahead in college. Fact is that we will end up still poor having to pay back on loan. So the important thing is to survive and do the best we can to pay our bills and move on. :cool2:

I don't understand your point at all. If a child who was born poor have a successful parents who will teach the child to be successful in one or both of their careers. :hmm: To me, that is normal for hearing children to be able find employment with their skills or talents.

If you are talking about deaf people instead of hearing people, then it is hard for us, deaf and hard of hearing, to be successful if we struggle trying to find a job and not be able to have accommodations for us to be in the hearing society.

Most of us, Native Americans (hearing and deaf), were born here in Americas and we had a good life no matter how difficult it gets. Before the whites came, we were free to use the lands to live and harvest our crops plus the hunting for foods in the forests. We did not have to pay a dime for the land to use. We are the caretakers of our lands. We did not have to pay taxes like you all do. Your customs are different than we are back then. They push us back in the burner so that we had to suffered what the immigrants and white people who were born in USA and Canada and other lower country like Mexico and South America. The White people and the Spanish people want to reaped all they wanted and tried to take them away from us.

So today, if we are poor as usual no matter where we live and have to survive what we can obtain getting a job, even a menial job. The only thing that bother me the most is why we must to go to college or technical college to get successful job if we could afford it. As for scholarship fund or getting some college loans to help us get ahead in college. Fact is that we will end up still poor having to pay back on loan. So the important thing is to survive and do the best we can to pay our bills and move on. :cool2:

I'm talking in general. Whether as a deaf,hh, or hearing person. If you had that choice, all hypothetical, of course, on being born poor in a country of your choice, which country would it be where you would prefer to grow up poor in?

I'm talking in general. Whether as a deaf,hh, or hearing person. If you had that choice, all hypothetical, of course, on being born poor in a country of your choice, which country would it be where you would prefer to grow up poor in?

I am not going to give you answer if you are trolling me with your ridiculous question. :roll:

In that second question, if you had to choose only from those three countries to be born poor in which one would you choose? But, oh well.

Which one is it, the 3 countries or any countries?

I am so effing confused.

Having been considered "poor" while growing up, the USA does not have it at all. We weren't "poor enough" for these services and we were "too poor" for these services and we didn't qualify for other services as we were not "migrant" workers. I went from age 3 to age 18 with no medical insurance at all. Non of my parent's employers offered it and we were "over-qualified" for state help.

I am so effing confused.

Having been considered "poor" while growing up, the USA does not have it at all. We weren't "poor enough" for these services and we were "too poor" for these services and we didn't qualify for other services as we were not "migrant" workers. I went from age 3 to age 18 with no medical insurance at all. Non of my parent's employers offered it and we were "over-qualified" for state help.

I'd be confused too! How'd your family survive without insurance? I hope nothing like cancer or diabetes hit your family while you were growing up.

Why do you think people don't seek prenatal care, Fuzzy?

sometimes women simply don't know until fourth, fifth month they are pregnant.

sometimes they are junkies who are not interested in seeking prenatal care.

sometimes they have controlling abusive /boyfriends/husbands who deny them prenatal care.

sometimes they simply don't care.

I dunno, plenty of reasons.

however, for whatever reason, all this early delay may cause a big difference
in infant survival later on.

Fuzzy

sometimes women simply don't know until fourth, fifth month they are pregnant.

sometimes they are junkies who are not interested in seeking prenatal care.

sometimes they have controlling abusive /boyfriends/husbands who deny them prenatal care.

sometimes they simply don't care.

I dunno, plenty of reasons.

however, for whatever reason, all this early delay may cause a big difference
in infant survival later on.

Fuzzy

you're judging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back