If you were born poor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it here. It's economic-based. And I agree what she said about that. And you find that problematic?

Interesting.

You keep hoping you'll get a repub elected that will put an extra quarter in your pocket?:laugh2:

Speaking of that...one of my co-workers goes to Costa Rica for dental work on his teeth due to the low cost compared to here in America.

My next door neighbor and his wife in New Mexico regularly went to Mexico for dental work. They would go with a group that meet in El Paso with a company that take these people to their preferred dental offices. Take a bus over to the Mexico side, and get their dental work done over there. They save substantial amount of money and their insurance would cover it.

MEDICAL FACILITIES AND HEALTH INFORMATION: Medical care in Cuba does not meet U.S. standards. While medical professionals are generally competent, many health facilities face shortages of medical supplies and bed space. Many medications are unavailable, so travelers to Cuba should bring with them any prescribed medicine in its original container and in amounts commensurate with personal use. Travelers may also wish to consider bringing additional amounts of prescribed medicines and over-the-counter remedies in the event that a return to the United States is delayed for unforeseen reasons. A copy of the prescription and a letter from the prescribing physician explaining the need for prescription drugs may facilitate their entry into the country.

Travelers to the Havana area should be aware that U.S. and other foreign visitors are generally limited to using only the “tourist” Cira Garcia Hospital located in the Miramar neighborhood of Havana. Treatment at Cira Garcia and any other medical consultation requires payment in cash (see section on Medical Insurance below).
Cuba

Medical tourism? Sure.

Newsroom - Cuba Study Group

And, your point is? Americans are still leaving this country to receive medical and dental care that they cannot afford at home. Citizens of this country cannot afford medical care in this country. That is shameful. And even more shameful are the numbers that die and are disabled prematurely as a result of that.

My next door neighbor and his wife in New Mexico regularly went to Mexico for dental work. They would go with a group that meet in El Paso with a company that take these people to their preferred dental offices. Take a bus over to the Mexico side, and get their dental work done over there. They save substantial amount of money and their insurance would cover it.

There you go.

Besides, the discussion is about which country you would prefer to be born poor in, not about medical facilities, dental, etc...which is really off tangent...to some degree that is.

If you will check, the choice of most people had to do with better services for the poor...which includes health care.

How that off tangent? That WHY we prefer countries we pick.

Besides, the discussion is about which country you would prefer to be born poor in, not about medical facilities, dental, etc...which is really off tangent...to some degree that is.

Not off tangent if those things come into play as to why you would choose certain countries ;-).

ooo triple reply, same idea, same time ... high 5 ladies lol

How that off tangent? That WHY we prefer countries we pick.

I said to some degree. It has some relevancy, sure. Which country you feel would give you a better chance at success while born poor in that country?

Didn't you already answer that question Sunny?:lol:

What amazes me is that someone would choose the U.S. to be born poor in for "economic reasons". :P

Like the poor in America have so many economic advantages. They are called "poor" for a reason.:P

Yes, I know that already. I'm explaining, not asking you.

Which country you feel would give you a better chance at success while born poor in that country?

Looks like a question to me.:dunno2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back