If you were born poor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the best health care is not available or affordable to the people, I rate it by the available health care that they can get.

The question here is the health care that's available to the people on par with medical care for the people in other nations?

Agreed. I was pointing out the descrepancy between what is actually being done, and what is available to the majority of the population. Since we were talking about poverty and infant mortality, my point was, most of it is completely preventable given medical advances. The problem is in lack of availability, and I find that shameful.

Agreed. I was pointing out the descrepancy between what is actually being done, and what is available to the majority of the population. Since we were talking about poverty and infant mortality, my point was, most of it is completely preventable given medical advances. The problem is in lack of availability, and I find that shameful.

I agree.

Am I totally wrong my thought Europe usually way ahead America all these areas?

No, there are dozens of countries that have consistently ranked above the US in overall healthcare (including advances in particular areas).

Ah. I hope this country can work on that.

Then why are Americans going out of the country to receive affordable health care?

I know one guy who moved to Canada for two reasons: a) better attidude towards gays b) better health care.

I know one guy who moved to Canada for two reasons: a) better attidude towards gays b) better health care.

Exactly. People are going even farther than that to receive surgeries that are prohibitive in cost here in the U.S. Seniors were once crossing the border into Canada in droves to purchase life saving medications that they could not afford in this country.

That has no bearing on this thread as if my motive was to prove that USA is number 1. Seems like a bit of conspiracy war mongering is in effect here. Others have picked USA as well, while others picked Sweden, or Germany. I've provided a link to see trend differences (infant mortality) when compared to other countries and against the world on average. There are pros and cons, sure. We pick a country (or countries) for a reason. So what if people like the USA? Yet you and others have a problem with that? How droll. Sometimes a discussion is merely a discussion. You can drop the paranoia now.

Exactly. People are going even farther than that to receive surgeries that are prohibitive in cost here in the U.S. Seniors were once crossing the border into Canada in droves to purchase life saving medications that they could not afford in this country.

I've considered moving to Texas so I can get affordable health care in Mexico.

image005[1].jpg

That has no bearing on this thread as if my motive was to prove that USA is number 1. Seems like a bit of conspiracy war mongering is in effect here. Others have picked USA as well, while others picked Sweden, or Germany. I've provided a link to see trend differences when compared to other countries and against the world on average. There are pros and cons, sure. We pick a country (or countries) for a reason. So what if people like the USA? Yet you and others have a problem with that? How droll. Sometimes a discussion is merely a discussion. You can drop the paranoia now.

what paranoia? There is none, and btw, you havent even tossed your tidbit in on WHY USA. So there is actually no discussion with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back