Chief: Officer's behavior at hospital 'very embarrassing'

I just saw the police video. The cop is TOTALLY not in wrong in this unfortunate situation. When people got out of car and walked all over, ignoring officer's order, that made cop VERY VERY NERVOUS especially when he's alone. Believe me - I would be too and I'd be very very pissed if nobody's complying with my direct order.

I'm totally appalled over your comment. It's no excuse on Police Officer's paraniod behavior... but use his common sense that they went to hospitail, not run away... Mr. & Mrs. Moats handle very correctly. The Police Officer should LET them go in first telling them to come back for further question... Mr. & Mrs. Moats would say "Sure, I will and thank you for your understanding"...

Police Officers are trained to control the situation and then find out what's going on.

Yes, but the police Officer handle very disrespectful and unprofessional.

They were not making it easy for him and the officer's stress & fear skyrocketed. It's easy for you to point finger at cop and say - "wtf? get a baton out of your ass! stop being so uptight!" That's because you know what's happening NOW but the cop didn't at that time. The way I see it from cop's video - it looks like they were trying to get away or distract the cop so that the drug dealer can discard the drugs. But when the big guy showed up, it looks like he may have a gun. and yes cop's common sense got erred when the security guard and nurse came by to tell the cop to let him go but still.... cop must control the situation and verify the whole situation - CALMLY COOPERATE AND COMPLY WITH OFFICER'S INSTRUCTION. Nobody did so... therefore cop is not in wrong.

Excuse me, this is hosptital, not traffic or whatever...

Where's your common sense?

It doesn't matter if your mama is dying or not. It does not absolve you from breaking the law (running thru red light at high speed) either.

*speechless* :shock: Excuse me, your comment is a lack of common sense.

I read few weeks ago that Police Officer was about stop the driver but the driver ignored them and continue drive... The police officer followed the driver with flash lights... The police officers use their good common sense when they saw him drive to clinic, help his pregnant wife out of car. Police Officer made no further question but wish them good luck and drive off.

And other one...

They park wrong place and wrote a note telling the police that they are hurry to help his pregnant wife to clinic... Guess what, The warrant officer saw the note, ticket writing "Baby here?, Congratulation"... wow, wonderful police officer with common sense... After birth to baby son, they went to Police Station with newborn baby, thank them for their kind and understanding. I love the ticket writing front of the magazine, I read...

Remember - his life's always on the line whenever he's on duty. Think about the stress that he gets when waking up every morning to work.... not knowing if he will come home to his family after work.... like Oakland cops. I hope they cleared him of any wrongdoing.

We Germans compared Oakland cops with German cops for shoot students during few days part on TV videos... We :roll: and shake our heads after saw on TV about Oakland police officers... Why many police officers shoot one teenager for?

Both US and German teenagers have weapon. YES but the Police Officer use their common sense because they were trained how to handle with criminals...

US police officers shot teenager's chest to death with many bullets... make no sense...

German police officer shot teenage's leg to prevent him from run away... He fall down and killed himself with his father's gun. It's too late for Police Officers to stop him... they did RUN after him but he shot his head himself before police officers stopped him.

To me, German Police Officer handle correctly, not Oakland Police OfficerS.

*speechless* :shock: Excuse me, your comment is a lack of common sense.

I read few weeks ago that Police Officer was about stop the driver but the driver ignored them and continue drive... The police officer followed the driver with flash lights... The police officers use their good common sense when they saw him drive to clinic, help his pregnant wife out of car. Police Officer made no further question but wish them good luck and drive off.

And other one...

They park wrong place and wrote a note telling the police that they are hurry to help his pregnant wife to clinic... Guess what, The warrant officer saw the note, ticket writing "Baby here?, Congratulation"... wow, wonderful police officer with common sense... After birth to baby son, they went to Police Station with newborn baby, thank them for their kind and understanding. I love the ticket writing front of the magazine, I read...
first of all... it's very easy and obvious for cop to see a pregnant wife. Do you see any pregnant wife in this video? or anybody with any injury? All I see is 4 BELLIGERENT people coming out of vehicle suddenly and acting very hostile and threatening to police officer. It could be a fake excuse for them to pull into hospital parking lot to get away from something. Maybe they hide drug in the car. Who knows?

Exactly!! Especially at the front door of a hospital!!

If the officer had a probical cause. Such as a crime was committed. Then I can see it.

But the officer did not want to see the fact that this family rushed to the hospital due to the fact a loved one that was dying.

No probrical cause to any other. The officer himself just found that the family is black.

Makes me wonder how the whole department would have found it if the " Suspect" was not a famious football player.

So sad!!

So ignorant of the officer.

And of the dept that the officer communicated with.

(for some reason I feel that I am misspelling the word problical).
:giggle: BOTTS!! Need a little help on a spell check! :wave:

*nodding agreement sadly and shake my head sadly to Police Officer Powell*

The police officer suppose to use his common sense and handle professional but he doesn't.

first of all... it's very easy and obvious for cop to see a pregnant wife. Do you see any pregnant wife in this video? or anybody with any injury? All I see is 4 BELLIGERENT people coming out of vehicle suddenly and acting very hostile and threatening to police officer. It could be a fake excuse for them to pull into hospital parking lot to get away from something. Maybe they hide drug in the car. Who knows?

Police Officer SHOULD use professional and common sense, not parniod.

Unfortunlately yes, pregnant women were being tasered by police officers... Therere' plenty of links about pregnant women in gun control debate threads.

Well, that's AMERICAN culture and we are very different in law enforcement and there's PLENTY of polices who made bad treat to citizens, including me but need get a life.

Being sue on officer in court wouldn't help, especially judges are always on police's side.

Final to say, you have get DEAL with it.

Well, that's AMERICAN culture and we are very different in law enforcement and there's PLENTY of polices who made bad treat to citizens, including me but need get a life.

Being sue on officer in court wouldn't help, especially judges are always on police's side.

and it's same as in any country. It's not just America.

and it's same as in any country. It's not just America.

Well, I don't have much experience about law enforcement in Europe but probably more flexiable than our country but again, who cares.

Well, I don't have much experience about law enforcement in Europe but probably more flexiable than our country but again, who cares.

I'm just saying there are cases of police brutality & mistreatment in any country, including Germany. Beside that, there are over 900,000 law enforcement officers in America. There is a very good reason why there is a very very very very small number of officers killed in the line of duty - only 181 officers killed last year. It's because of the way Officer Powell acted to control the situation.

YouTube - Texas Officer assaulted on traffic stop
YouTube - Deputy shot in the face during a traffic stop AND LIVES
YouTube - Wilmington Traffic Stop Shootout (Full Version)
YouTube - New Mexico State Trooper Taken Hostage
YouTube - Trooper Shot
YouTube - Texas DPS Trooper killed after shots fired

Now do you understand why police officers get VERY VERY NERVOUS if people suddenly come out of car when stopped? This is precisely what could happen. This is not paranoia. This is for SAFETY REASON. Remember - 181 officers were killed last year.

I can't view those videos here in the office but I have to wait until I'm home.

I assume that the videos, you posted doesn't relate this thread here. I would suggest you to post those video to any gun control debate threads to avoid :topic: here.

No matter either American or any countries culture - how different law they have, etc but its about professional and manner.

No, the Dallas police chief is on Mr. & Mrs. Moats' side. He personally apologized them for Officer Powell's behavior... See the link at my post #54

I beleive the judge also will be on Mr. & Mrs. Moats's side, too because Officer Powell did is unforgiveable.

I'm just saying there are cases of police brutality & mistreatment in any country, including Germany. Beside that, there are over 900,000 law enforcement officers in America. There is a very good reason why there is a very very very very small number of officers killed in the line of duty - only 181 officers killed last year. It's because of the way Officer Powell acted to control the situation.

German Police Officers don't threat us with gun or taser us when they stopped us to the public (traffic, etc) for check. We can open our mouth to talk them, not shut our mouth and let what they wants...

I'm very, very, very glad that Dallas Police Chief Officer use his good common sense and saw how Officer Powell handle very wrongly. Yes, Officer Powell deserve to be fired!

There is a very good reason why there is a very very very very small number of officers killed in the line of duty - only 181 officers killed last year.

Perhap for you, not for me.

Mod Note:

Posts are removed. This is a reminder to stay on topic please. If you wish to discuss gun control topic, please go to another thread.

Thank you.

Police Officers are trained to control the situation and then find out what's going on. They were not making it easy for him and the officer's stress & fear skyrocketed. It's easy for you to point finger at cop and say - "wtf? get a baton out of your ass! stop being so uptight!" That's because you know what's happening NOW but the cop didn't at that time. The way I see it from cop's video - it looks like they were trying to get away or distract the cop so that the drug dealer can discard the drugs. But when the big guy showed up, it looks like he may have a gun. and yes cop's common sense got erred when the security guard and nurse came by to tell the cop to let him go but still.... cop must control the situation and verify the whole situation - CALMLY COOPERATE AND COMPLY WITH OFFICER'S INSTRUCTION. Nobody did so... therefore cop is not in wrong. It doesn't matter if your mama is dying or not. It does not absolve you from breaking the law (running thru red light at high speed) either.

Remember - his life's always on the line whenever he's on duty. Think about the stress that he gets when waking up every morning to work.... not knowing if he will come home to his family after work.... like Oakland cops. I hope they cleared him of any wrongdoing.

How can you remain calm knowing that one of your loved one is going to die? I wouldn't and I know myself too. So, I can understand where the family is coming from, They were going through stages of grief and wanted to be there before the mother passed on to say their goodbyes.

I hope they do not clear the cop of any wrongdoing, He was wrong and he should have been a little more patient, understanding or at least confirm their story if it's true, instead he had an attitude. It was an emergency, hello?!!

Another thing how was the cop's life in dangerous? They were going to the hospital, they didn't run anywhere else but to the hospital, the cop should have got the idea. I guess he doesn't have any common sense. :noway:

Just a few points that people are missing because they are caught up in the hindsight/Monday Morning Quaterbacking that goes on any time there is an officer involved anything........

The "It's a race issue" statement....
At 0130 there is no way to see inside a black SUV through tinting to know if it is a black/white/yellow/or green person running the red light.

Civil Suit......
Anyone can sue for anything in the US, yes they probably will sue.
The other pertinent information and entire cruiser cam footage will be then brought out and not just that footage at the hospital.

A sad situation for sure and the officer has probably violated some department policies and will be reprimanded for it. Did the officer violate a law, probably not.

BTW, before comment starts on the Wilmington video that someone posted.
The two brothers are Supremists/Armed/Bullet Proof Vests/Had Already Killed and they attempted to kill a Trooper, Deputies, and my fellow PD officers(I was off that day) so any off handed rude comments will be met with facts. Fair Warning!

Back in to add for perspective - re: the Wilmington video, that snippet is not even close to 1/5th the cruiser cam video during that encounter. More than likely the same holds true for the discussion situation.

Last edited:
Abuse of authority and power.
huh???? no such thing!! You can only sue if it's a violation of your civil rights and nobody's civil rights has been violated.

Have you read the conversation between Mr. Moats and Officer Powell at link of my post #54?
Liebling - please follow this thread more carefully. I keep repeating my answer to you. I already answered your question at my post #58.

I can't view those videos here in the office but I have to wait until I'm home.
oh ok :)

I assume that the videos, you posted doesn't relate this thread here. I would suggest you to post those video to any gun control debate threads to avoid :topic: here.
You assumed quite very wrong. That's why that post wasn't deleted by mod because it is relevant to this thread to explain why Officer Powell acts like that. Don't waste your time arguing with me if you did not see the video yet. What you will see in the video is not even close to what was described in news.

huh???? no such thing!! You can only sue if it's a violation of your civil rights and nobody's civil rights has been violated.

No, Officer Powell abused the power for threat Mr. Moats accord their conversation in the link of my post #54 and then worst is, he missed to be present to say loving goodbye to his mother-in-law instead of spend his 20 polite minutes with that ignorant Police Officer.

Liebling - please follow this thread more carefully. I keep repeating my answer to you. I already answered your question at my post #58.

Yes, I have but I am not only one who have the same view on your posts.

Unfortunlately no, you haven't answer my question toward my post #54.

oh ok :)

You assumed quite very wrong. That's why that post wasn't deleted by mod because it is relevant to this thread to explain why Officer Powell acts like that. Don't waste your time arguing with me if you did not see the video yet. What you will see in the video is not even close to what was described in news.

No, I didn't waste my time because I viewed the video, Calvin linked this morning before I leave for work. I use my common sense what and how Officer Powell did to Mr. & Mrs. Moats after view first video and then posted the link to my post #54.

From the title of videos, you posted, I felt that it's not relate this thread... As what you say that those videos, you posted relate Officer Powell... Okay, I will view all of the videos, you posted at home.

No, Officer Powell abused the power for threat Mr. Moats accord their conversation in the link of my post #54 and then worst is, he missed to be present to say loving goodbye to his mother-in-law instead of spend his 20 polite minutes with that ignorant Police Officer.

Yes, I have but I am not only one who have the same view on your posts.
Again... please wait until you see the video. It will save us a lot of time. Just because it doesn't sound good on transcript to you doesn't mean officer was rude and threatening.

Unfortunlately no, you haven't answer my question toward my post #54.
Yes I did. Please read again.

Not really. Please watch the video. On transcript - it looks like they were polite but in real life - they were not. Their body actions and behaviors were very hostile and uncooperative.
In the video - it was clearly shown that a younger woman was angrily yelling at cop and her body language was very hostile. The older woman had to restrain her and pull her away. The cop yelled at them to get back in the car but they ignored him and left. You cannot wish the cop will automatically assume - oh a family member's dying just because they stopped at hospital. Like I said - any criminal can pull over into hospital parking lot and pretend that family member's dying. Criminal will do anything to get away. Do you understand?

Back