Alaska (animals, scenery, etc., etc.)

CyberRed
wow, impressive.. Is that expensive living Rent/Buy a house??? *curouisity*
Look'n so beautiful outlooking.. That pic when r u taking ? Is that Fall/Spring/Summer/Winter??
Look'n alikely , must be summer?

Bullym0m said:
CyberRed
wow, impressive.. Is that expensive living Rent/Buy a house??? *curouisity*
Look'n so beautiful outlooking.. That pic when r u taking ? Is that Fall/Spring/Summer/Winter??
Look'n alikely , must be summer?

I live in an apartment, because I am single. My apartment looks like a house... a sorta of "heritage". No, it's not expensive to live in a rented apt. or house. For example : One of my co-workers who lives in a log cabin with her boyfriend and they both don't pay rent. They are housesittin' for someone else and the tiolet is NOT inside the log cabin. It is on the outside ( outhouse ...sp ?? ) It's why they don't pay on rent....pretty soon, her and her boyfriend are goin' to move back to the lower 48 states after they both saved lots of $$ for almost one year. She wants to go to college in Washington State after I taught her some sign language in class last April. She was my former student. LOL

Most of people in this town are very friendly and they share many things or by trade to get sumfin' for pleasure, or vacation, or whateva. Anything !! But, they have to be true pioneers by workin' hard their butts off. :thumb: I am one of them. ;) Of course, some houses are reasonable prices...dependin' on where you want to live. Some houses/apartments are expensive. At one grocery store, they have an apartments above the grocery store and they only costs for one bedroom $ 250.00 and up. :eek: But, I don't like to live in there where there's a food store under the apartment's floor below.

By the way, these pix was taken in earlier spring before summer approached. The snow don't melt for awhile until in summer. The snow don't start again until in October or November. :D

Hey Cybered, that picture of the majestic mountains and the city in the foreground is impressive! *drools* May I roomate with u? :D. I'm just kidding anyways. I don't know if I can imagine living there, harsh winters and other stuff u know? $250 a month, that's cheap... not bad there....anyways great photos...

sequoias said:
Hey Cybered, that picture of the majestic mountains and the city in the foreground is impressive! *drools* May I roomate with u? :D. I'm just kidding anyways. I don't know if I can imagine living there, harsh winters and other stuff u know? $250 a month, that's cheap... not bad there....anyways great photos...

Room mate with me ? Hahaha Very funny ! :roll: But, anyways... thanks for the compliment. If, you are droolin' to live in Alaska, then, you have to have lots of experiences and skills to live in Alaska in order to survive throughout seasons. When I first moved in Juneau in Feb. 2002, I only carried 2 baggages. I was wearin' only THIN jeans jacket ( about the length from the shoulders to my knees ), THIN black gloves, a pair of tennis shoes ( Nike...not waterproof boots ), and a cap that has a hole in it. After the ferry arrived at the Terminal, the HUGE gate opened before my own eyes and whooa !! that f*ckin' CHILL WINDS came from the North Arctic hit my face! :cold: That North Arctic bite my ears when it stung ! And, I gasped at the snow about that high to my knees when I stepped outside from the Ferry, carryin' my 2 baggages. Luckily for me, there was one "army" man who saw me walkin' alone with my 2 baggages... he came to me and asked me if, I need a ride to somewhere. I nodded. LOL He was the one who gave me a GOOD luck after he dropped me off at one place to meet a deaf woman that I never met in my entire life. That was how it started from there before I start to success on my own through all difficult trials. That trials taught me enough to UNDERSTAND Alaska. Alaska isn't that easy to challenge. I learned alot from Alaska and its Mother's Nature that I had to learn to respect....never, never challenge it. Just let it to teach me and become knowledge from it thru by meetin' skilled people. ;)

Here's another one of my home town ...

You can use to compare the 2 different pixes of my home town. Enjoy viewin' ! :) The first one was in earlier spring and this one was in summer...you can see the snow started meltin'.

Interesting story there...sounds too nasty...u must be a really brave gal. Yea Alaska has lots of brave souls, 640,000 of em. :D. Yeah I noticed the pictures with more snow on the mountains and the one in summer, that it has melted away up higher in the mountains. BTW, it's raining here in Seattle right now. Snow levels will be at 5,500 ft with 1-3 inches acculmation, and it's middle of June! Weird weather we had so far....anyways :D

Impressive CyberRed, you went survouir and experience rough times.

I adores you how much you was in position experience and out of your willing exploring and new seeds living in Alaska. You quite open heart and welcomed in your emotions experience w/Alaskian peepz.

I undy how much you was set foot on 1st Alaska and turns you out nuts and willing walk in the steep way.

CyberRed said:

Some houses/apartments are expensive. At one grocery store, they have an apartments above the grocery store and they only costs for one bedroom $ 250.00 and up. :eek: But, I don't like to live in there where there's a food store under the apartment's floor below.

:eek2: i thought whole time alaska was expensive than NY! for studio apartment in NY (on long island), the average prices are $800-$1,000. for one bedroom definitely more than $1,000.
NYC is twice more than long island. (ex: studio for more than $1,000)
god, that would be nice to have a $250 apt so i can afford a sexy mercedes benz!

e said:
:eek2: i thought whole time alaska was expensive than NY! for studio apartment in NY (on long island), the average prices are $800-$1,000. for one bedroom definitely more than $1,000.
NYC is twice more than long island. (ex: studio for more than $1,000)
god, that would be nice to have a $250 apt so i can afford a sexy mercedes benz!

LOL !! It all depends on WHERE you could afford. That Alaska state itself is the BIGGEST state than any state in the lower 48 states. For example: It is the biggest state than Texas. In Juneau, the average prices are from $ 400 and up ( from one bedroom to 4 )

Speakin' of ONE room for $ 250 ...it has NO privacy. The bedroom will go with the kitchen and livin' room in ONE BIG room, except the bathroom have its own room with the door. And, some tenants who has that kind of ONE room has to follow the rules upstairs, because some of the rooms in the hallway are offices for people who WORK there. It's why I don't like to live there....no matter, if it is cheap to me. LOL I rather to have MY OWN privacy. My apartment to where I live is MUCH MORE cheaper than that one I just mentioned about at the grocery store upstairs. My apartment's rent is less than $ 250 a month and I have 4 rooms (bathroom, bedroom, livin' room and kitchen) in one unit.

For your information: In this town, it has NO X-rated theatres, no bums livin' around the corners nor prostitutes, no crimes... I mean nuthin' ! It's a "zero" crime around here. No combat zone, either. lol No car dealers. Just workin' hard your butt off to show your true pioneer of Alaska ! :D

Clothings at stores around here are pretty expensive. People who live in this town have to order it thru their computer online or go to Juneau and shoppin' there....or drive up to Yukon Terrority to buy some from there. It'd be nice to get out of town sometimes... :)

You are funny about Mercedes Benz !! :rofl:

sequoias said:
Interesting story there...sounds too nasty...u must be a really brave gal. Yea Alaska has lots of brave souls, 640,000 of em. :D. Yeah I noticed the pictures with more snow on the mountains and the one in summer, that it has melted away up higher in the mountains. BTW, it's raining here in Seattle right now. Snow levels will be at 5,500 ft with 1-3 inches acculmation, and it's middle of June! Weird weather we had so far....anyways :D

Aw .. poor ya about the rain! *Snickers* Yeah, I've been there and through all that. Remma I used to live in Juneau, eh? Juneau is FAMOUS for rainin' everyday. It drove me nuts! :dizzy: It won't let me to get mah butt out of my apartment. Grrr But, I am glad that I live in this town to where I am currently live now...because, it don't rain everyday like Juneau. It snows all the time and it is mucha better than rain. :thumb:

Bullym0m said:
Impressive CyberRed, you went survouir and experience rough times.

I adores you how much you was in position experience and out of your willing exploring and new seeds living in Alaska. You quite open heart and welcomed in your emotions experience w/Alaskian peepz.

I undy how much you was set foot on 1st Alaska and turns you out nuts and willing walk in the steep way.

Thanks! :) Yeah, for my own experience and challenge. So far, I live in Alaska for 2 years. ;) Next month, I will be travelin' again.............

yeah yeah, ofc juneau's famous for rains....good bullseyes where storm hits time to time...so that's how it goes...:P.

sequoias said:
yeah yeah, ofc juneau's famous for rains....good bullseyes where storm hits time to time...so that's how it goes...:P.

Wanna me to send Indian people from Alaska over to your town and dance to make some more rain ? *laughin'* :P

Another one ...

Here's another one....the same town where I live. :)

Eye Contact Eagle ....

:wave: Hello again !!

Here's an eye contact eagle that I got from a guy ( photographer ). Enjoy viewin' ! :)

CyberRed said:
:wave: Hello again !!

Here's an eye contact eagle that I got from a guy ( photographer ). Enjoy viewin' ! :)

hmmm baldy eagles, that's kewl. I remember driving around near Homer, Alaska....there were hundreds of them flying all over the place, it was interesting. A bald eagle community, many on trees, branches, etc etc. Wish I had a camera to take pic of them, 2 bad. :D.

Sequoias...

Aww... I am sorry. LOL ! But, you have a plenty of time ahead of you, because you are still young. You could take pictures of them when ever you can and come up to visit Alaska ONE DAY. Don't forget to bring your own camera ! :thumb:

In 3 more weeks, I will be gone for 2 nights. Will post some new pictures here when I get back from Canada. Hopefully that I will get some GOOD pictures in Canada. *prayin'* LOL !

Wish me a good luck ! ;)

Alaskan Bald Eagle

Alaskan Bald Eagle .......

CyberRed said:
Sequoias...

Aww... I am sorry. LOL ! But, you have a plenty of time ahead of you, because you are still young. You could take pictures of them when ever you can and come up to visit Alaska ONE DAY. Don't forget to bring your own camera ! :thumb:

In 3 more weeks, I will be gone for 2 nights. Will post some new pictures here when I get back from Canada. Hopefully that I will get some GOOD pictures in Canada. *prayin'* LOL !

Wish me a good luck ! ;)

I will remember my camera next time I go to Alaska in near future, and I wish u good luck with ur trip to Canada in coming weeks, take some great photos of people to wilderness....etc. :D. Bald Eagles are beautiful birds.

Prepare to dive.....

Here's an Eagle preparin' to dive for his lunch ( fish ) !! :)

Back