Alaska (animals, scenery, etc., etc.)

Nice Pictures CyberRed... My question I want to ask you what made you move to Alaska? Did you always wanted to move there?

Cheri said:
Nice Pictures CyberRed... My question I want to ask you what made you move to Alaska? Did you always wanted to move there?

Well, the reason I like to move up in Alaska is because, I want to experience Alaska's tough. Alaska is very tough place to live. I used to live in the lower 48 states for 41 years and now, it's time for a change. I learned about ONE thing in between the lower 48 states and Alaska.... Alaska have broaden my mind into a BIG horizon when I first emerged in Alaska from Washington by ferry. Through my experience, the lower 48 states don't broaden my mind where ever I went, because it is on the land....not on the waters along with peak mountains like in Alaska. Alaska is friggin' dangerous, because of its Mother Nature that no Alaskan people should play with. I've seen Alaskan people died at the cemetary to tell their brief stories how they died on the tombstones. One of them tell their story about the boat and how they struggled to survive durin' in bad storm in years ago before this town started boomin'. Same with gold panners...they killed each other for claims (gold) in 1800's. It was how Alaska fascinated me. :) And, also I am interested in heritage houses/stores. I want to experience something new that is worth my life.
Guess what Alaska did to me and my life after I moved up in here ? My life will never be the same after I moved up in here. Alaska have impacted me greatly. It matured me, too through the experience of Alaska's influence. No wonder all my 4 children told me that I am different than I was.

Thanks ! I am glad that you like these pics........ :)

Very Intersting CyberRed thanks for Responding. Pictures are Sure Great! :mrgreen:

Tousi said:
*Waiting for a close-up picture of a wolverine*

Oh, you wanna to see a "close-up" Alaskan wolverines ? :lol: Wanna a nice one for yourself when you scan it and make a pic with a frame around it to hang up on the wall ? :giggle: If, so...then, I will insert one in this thread if, I find Alaskan wolverine........

That would be nice, Cybered but let me warn you, wolverines are very, very difficult to photograph because they are SOOOOO wild and elusive. The wolverine is, pound for pound, the most vicious North American animal; yet it weighs only 30-40 lbs.

Tousi said:
That would be nice, Cybered but let me warn you, wolverines are very, very difficult to photograph because they are SOOOOO wild and elusive. The wolverine is, pound for pound, the most vicious North American animal; yet it weighs only 30-40 lbs.

Oh, yeah I am aware of their wild and elusive. One of the earth's fiercest creatures. We have them at WildLife Park nearby. :) At WildLife Park, a man who had them in large cages for "show & tell". I saw one Lynx at the library when I stopped by...oh, boy! What a scary, but that Lynx was sittin' on the table while its master pettin' on him. His master was lecturin' about Lynx and its food habits, its prey and so forth. Very interestin' ! And, of course that man had a lease around Lynx's neck. Sometimes, that man bring an Alaskan Bald Eagle for "show & tell", too ~ It really fascinated me like they are hyponizin' me ! :eek2:

I will check to see if, I had some of wolverine pictures at my work. If, they have one, then I will insert some in here........

Alaskan Wolverine - "Gulo Gulo"

Wolverine's description :

Glossy dark brown fur marked with 2 pale lateral stripes convergin' at the base of the skunklike, bushy tail charactierizes these burly, big-footed members of the weasel family. Their broad head is grizzled gray, with a black muzzle, short ears and dark, beady eyes. Wolverines have a low-slung body with powerful legs and long, curved claws. Wolverines weigh 15 to 45 pounds and reach 3 to 4 feet, and stand 15 to 18 inches at the shoulder. Their maximum weight is probably about 50 pounds. Females are smaller than males. The wolverine is the largest land-dwellin' member of the weasel family; the sea otter, roughly twice the wolverine's size, is the largest member of the family. Wolverine is the most fiercest creature of the earth.

Oh, wow, Cyber! Do you mind me, a stranger for giving you a big bear hug for this!? Thanks a ton! Huggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Tousi said:
Oh, wow, Cyber! Do you mind me, a stranger for giving you a big bear hug for this!? Thanks a ton! Huggzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Now, I am gettin' blush ! lol ! :Oops:

You are very much welcome, Tousi ! ;)

Sign to tell about the Emerald Lake in Yukon Terriority

I was in Yukon Terriority for 2 nights on July 30 thru August 1. I had a great time out there. The weather was so lovely. :) I really enjoyed travelin' alot.

Will consider to go back to Yukon Terriority again one of these days on my next vacation.

Here's a picture of Sign that tells about the Emerald Lake ........

Enjoy viewin' ! ;)

This is "Emerald Lake"

This is "Emerald Lake" ........

Enjoy viewin' !! :)

Zericsrats said:
It is your favorite? My favorite is Wolves.... I love your pics... :ily:

:wave: Zericsrats,

Thanks! My favorite bird is Eagle. :D

Alaska Saloon's Ladies

I met Moondancer thru another forum. Alaskan girl is my another friend, too. She is from Juneau. We all 3 women had a blast time together ~ I toured 2 women in my town and then, took them to Skagway. Will post some pixes later ~ Enjoy viewin' ! ;)

CyberRed said:
I met Moondancer thru another forum. Alaskan girl is my another friend, too. She is from Juneau. We all 3 women had a blast time together ~ I toured 2 women in my town and then, took them to Skagway. Will post some pixes later ~ Enjoy viewin' ! ;)

Here we are at the Great Frontier Saloon waitin' for old tymer handsome men come to join with us drink the ole' scotch shooters and dance. :cheers: :dance:

whoaaa such beautiful pixs... I've wanted to live up there for several years and I want to even more... *sighs with deep thoughts* wow I wouldn't mind living there heh heh... I'd love the challenge, and of course, I'd need people to teach me. ;) Keep posting! :)

CyberRed said:
whoa!! this pic are so bootiful!!! that what i am going rent this dress for halloween this oct 30.. :giggle: i hope they have one at rent for halloween, i will find out.. :D

Moondancer said:
Here we are at the Great Frontier Saloon waitin' for old tymer handsome men come to join with us drink the ole' scotch shooters and dance. :cheers: :dance:

:cheers: Yeah, we had a blast time together for a whole week ! Am lookin' forward to goin' in there again some day when it comes to my next vacation. Fast Ferry's last day will be on Sept. 18th, I think and in that month, all stores will probably be closed just like last year when I was in Skagway... boy, it was really rainin' on that day. lol

OoOO yeah, it would be nice to have all those "old tymer" handsome men to join with us and drink the ole' scotch shooters together ! :naughty:

:kiss:

Back