Alaska (animals, scenery, etc., etc.)

Another One ...

Here's another downtown in Juneau ! :) I was standin' on the hill facin' Juneau in downtown where there were huge cruises on the water. You could barely see them in these pix. I really enjoyed takin' pixes to where I was at. Alaska is a beauty to the eyes of mine. ;)

Damn you, I already drooling by now.. I would love to pay visit Alaska.. *groan* Better wait until my kid are grown big enough responbile!

This reminds me of Colorado Springs when I went to visit my best friend from school....Interesting!

Bullym0m said:
Damn you, I already drooling by now.. I would love to pay visit Alaska.. *groan* Better wait until my kid are grown big enough responbile!

I am sorry. :mrgreen: I hope SOME DAY you will visit Alaska for your leisure time when your kid is old enough to take care of himself/herself. ;)

Glacier

This is glacier... about 150 to 170 feet high. There are a few glaciers like this in some mountains near the water (ocean). Glaciers are very awesome and HUGE. If, you come near to it, it will make you fear. It reminds me of that movie "Titanic". LOL

Skagway, Alaska

These pix was taken in Skagway, Alaska last year. Skagway is a very heritage village. When I arrived there for a visit...boy, I can FEEL it took me way, way back to 1700's - 1800's. :lol:

Here's a WhitePass & Yukon Route. It's a train that takes people/tourists to visit all sightseein' on the way to Yukon Terrority. I plan to ride in WhitePass & Yukon Route train this summer, if there's no conflict. Enjoy viewin' ! I will insert some pixes of Skagway here soon ! :thumb:

Bullym0m said:
Heritage anitques all the convience stores and shopping still alive out there in Alaska?

Heritage village means an "antique" buildings (very old buildings that they preserved since 1700 to 1800's, but inside the old buildings they remodeled to keep the buildings to stay good shape/condition.) The heritage buildings are still very much alive in Alaska. :) I will show you what the "heritage" building looks like. Here's a pix of "heritage" building below . That "Mascot" one is a saloon and to the right-handed besided it is "Skagway News Depot".

Inside The Mascot - "Saloon"

Here's a pix of "The Mascot" you can peek inside what it looks like. It's a saloon.... very antique. Enjoy viewin' ! :mrgreen:

wow, Awesome... Wha.. so beautiful antiques and hertiage stores.. I'd love to sight seein' and love to hearing all these history of Alaska' lifestyles.

CyberRed said:
This is glacier... about 150 to 170 feet high. There are a few glaciers like this in some mountains near the water (ocean). Glaciers are very awesome and HUGE. If, you come near to it, it will make you fear. It reminds me of that movie "Titanic". LOL

Gosh I love this photo so much... I don't know why, but it's a fascinating photo and I'm still looking at it again! Just wow... Keep 'em coming! :thumb:

Katzie said:
Gosh I love this photo so much... I don't know why, but it's a fascinating photo and I'm still looking at it again! Just wow... Keep 'em coming! :thumb:

Thanks! I will! :) I am still plannin' to travel some more this summer. The next step will be in Yukon Terrority and I will take some pixes in there. I hope there's no conflict to my plan.

Bullym0m said:
wow, Awesome... Wha.. so beautiful antiques and hertiage stores.. I'd love to sight seein' and love to hearing all these history of Alaska' lifestyles.

Yep, they are very awesome and beautiful ! :mrgreen:

Golden North Hotel & Skagway Brewing Co.

Here's another heritage buildings... on the left-handed is Skagway Brewing Co. and to the right-handed is a Golden North Hotel. Notice that "yellow" thing on the roof ? Russia has one like this in their country. Alaska used to be Russia's own land in years ago and I think, in 1950 Russia sold Alaska to U.S.
Good thing that I am not Russian ! *Whew* :lol:

CyberRed,
wow, Impressive.. Oh yes, I remmy what I've learned about the Russia who were sold to united States puchused the land reason why about fusterating finding the gold/mine/coal and etc etc.. sumth'n like that.. That how United State civilians found the stuff and told Russia.. Russia felt sucker and wanted to return? United State told them, No.. Sorry this is land belong to US too late. Is that true ?
Looking Nice Hotel has shaped of top roof made of Russia.. Where left it and looks more history heritage. *pretty quite impressive*

Cyberred,
merci beacoup for showing the pictures.. i cant wait for my trip to see that in a real soon :dance:

just wondering, sometimes im curious about people's interest, i hope this isnt too personal question: why did you move to alaska?

Bonjour !!

Moondancer said:
Cyberred,
merci beacoup for showing the pictures.. i cant wait for my trip to see that in a real soon :dance:

You are very much welcome anytime! ;) Yep, very soon you will be in Alaska with me. *Rubbin' mah hands* :naughty:

*Thelma & Louise* :cheers:

e said:
just wondering, sometimes im curious about people's interest, i hope this isnt too personal question: why did you move to alaska?

Well, for my experience and challenge. Most of deaf people that I know back in the lower 48 states kept tellin' me that it is too COLD and EXPENSIVE to live in Alaska. Alaska IS one of a KIND than other states, because of its TOUGH challenge than the rest. I used to live in the lower 48 states before and I know what it is like to live down there. I am a traveller and I love to travel. Of course, without a car ! :lol: Some people think that I am crazy for travelin' ALONE, because I am deaf...and plus I am a woman. This show HOW MUCH my courage is and I am still courage to challenge "unforeseen" risk like Mother's Nature. LOL

There are some other reasons, too. For example: I prefer to live far away... away from Bob Berry. I knew that he CAN'T afford to follow me in Alaska. Alaska will make him to go back to WHERE he belongs.

Alaska is a beauty... that's another reason and I want to SEE. :thumb:

Back