Alaska (animals, scenery, etc., etc.)

Sea Lions in Alaska

Sea Lions are seen at Lynn Canal in Alaska. Enjoy viewin' ! :)

*admiring* Wow, you take gorgeous pictures CyberRed! *2 thumbsup!*

Sea Lion was seen at Prince William Sound in Alaska

Sea Lion was seen at Prince William Sound in Alaska.

Leavin' Bellingham, WA for Juneau, AK

Here's a trip that I was leavin' Bellingham, WA to arrive in Juneau. I was inside the HUGE ship passin' by Ketichan, Alaska... gettin' closer to Juneau ahead of me. LOL You can see a little light comin' up in these pix.

Last edited:
Juneau

This is a capital of Juneau. I used to live in Juneau in 2002. Juneau is famous for rainy almost everyday. Juneau is very popular for many tourists from all over the world during summer. Enjoy !! :)

Wow, more beautiful photos, for sure i would love to visit Alaska someday.

~SG~ said:
Wow, more beautiful photos, for sure i would love to visit Alaska someday.

*Chucklin'* Yeah, Alaska is very beautiful place to visit. When I first arrived in "Alaska" water, I was awed of HUGE glaciers in some mountains. There were only 2 of them. Some of them are about 150 to 170 feet high of glaciers and the ice was very dark and light BLUE in mixed together with WHITE all around them. I felt so SMALL when facin' HUGE glaciers before me. I was inside the ferry at that time. The strange part was when you first entered "Alaska" water, all you could see the tall mountains startin' to emerge before your very own eyes. I felt like I was in nowhere land when I entered "Alaska" water. :lol: Good experience for me !

Ferries in Juneau

Ferries were travelin' from Bellingham, Washington to Northeast Alaska. Most of them were tourists visitin' Alaska durin' summer. These pix was taken in summer 2002 when I lived in Juneau at that time. Enjoy viewin' ! :)

mm, juneau looks nice. i didnt know the city looked a lot smaller than i thought (i still thought it was small, but not that small). my family has either discussed or planned to visit alaska from oregon but it never confirmed. shoot. i know of a person who married someone from alaska and moved in with him but later divorced. i dont know how long she lived there, probably a couple to several years. she liked it but it was extremely boring during long period of winter and darkness for her. i might be in same shoes as her lol. i hope ill have a chance to visit alaska..... only in the summer! lol

e said:
mm, juneau looks nice. i didnt know the city looked a lot smaller than i thought (i still thought it was small, but not that small). my family has either discussed or planned to visit alaska from oregon but it never confirmed. shoot. i know of a person who married someone from alaska and moved in with him but later divorced. i dont know how long she lived there, probably a couple to several years. she liked it but it was extremely boring during long period of winter and darkness for her. i might be in same shoes as her lol. i hope ill have a chance to visit alaska..... only in the summer! lol

Borin' ? Ummm... very interestin' ! Well, in fact there is a snow ski in Douglas Island right across from Juneau (across the bridge from Juneau to Douglas Island. Douglas Island is very small than Juneau. It don't open until winter.) Snow ski is called "Eagle Crest" and also, there's a waterfall people could see while drivin' by the boulder right next to the road. Very close up, yep! LOL But, it is not goin' to wet on the drivers. :lol: I have some pixes of Eagle Crest (no snow at that time when I took a pix of Eagle Crest) and a waterfall. And, even there's some bowlin' alley and pool tables to play, too. And, plus theatres. There are many things that Alaskan people could enjoy (canoein', fishin', waterskiin', campin', and many more.) I remma back in 1980's, Juneau was a little small until in 2002 Juneau is gettin' boom than it was in 1980's... Juneau has Fred Meyer, Costco, Super Kmart (closed down), and other few new businesses a few years before 2002, but it wasn't in 1980's at that time.
It's good for people who needs to get away from BIG or LARGE cities to come up to Alaska for their "leisure time". Alaska has a great givin' the pleasure for people to relax and enjoy Alaska's last frontier. :)

WhoCare said:
I'm just curious. How many hours in daylight and daynight?

In summer - the sun comes up at 3:30 am in the mornin' until 11pm to 12 midnight.

In winter - the sun goes down at 3:30 pm until 9 am in the mornin'.

Some people have a problem with insomnia and hibernate. Some people put their "foil" on the window to help them sleepin' durin' summer. I can sleep while there's still light outside. It don't even bother me a bit.

wow, Awe...

Does included children have insomnia and hibernate too? *nervously to ask you question*... (sigh) feel sorry for everyones who having troubling to sleep in the daylight.. *ouch*.. If I were you.. I might be their same shoes.

Bullym0m said:
wow, Awe...

Does included children have insomnia and hibernate too? *nervously to ask you question*... (sigh) feel sorry for everyones who having troubling to sleep in the daylight.. *ouch*.. If I were you.. I might be their same shoes.

Children gets used to it, if they were born in Alaska. :)

CyberRed said:
In summer - the sun comes up at 3:30 am in the mornin' until 11pm to 12 midnight.

In winter - the sun goes down at 3:30 pm until 9 am in the mornin'.

Some people have a problem with insomnia and hibernate. Some people put their "foil" on the window to help them sleepin' durin' summer. I can sleep while there's still light outside. It don't even bother me a bit.
I've heard about that. I learned that information when I was 13 years old. Since Alaska is near the north pole, its daylight times are either longer or shorter... heh!

VamPyroX said:
I've heard about that. I learned that information when I was 13 years old. Since Alaska is near the north pole, its daylight times are either longer or shorter... heh!

LOL To be frank, there's no such North Pole as you stated that Alaska is near the North Pole. In RL, there's a city called "North Pole" near Anchorage in Northwest Alaska. Anchorage is very CLOSE to Arctic. North Pole is the name of city... just south from Anchorage where there's a Santa Claus lives. I know some people don't believe me about Santa Claus' livin' in North Pole. But, oh well. :) If, they don't believe me and ask me to prove it... then, I would be glad to prove it. :thumb:

A Glimpse of Juneau Downtown

In Juneau downtown, there are many good things where tourists and Alaskan people shop (most of them are heritage buildings). There's one big store called "A House of Russia". It has everything what Russia has in their country. Very interestin' when I explored them inside the House of Russia... all I could see everything were in "red", especially dolls! :lol: Enjoy !!

Back