A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shel-

Glad you had a great time. It's always good to see old friends and good to know that the kids got along.

Too bad about the bed bugs. ugh!!

Shel-

Glad you had a great time. It's always good to see old friends and good to know that the kids got along.

Too bad about the bed bugs. ugh!!

My friend finally saw what the bites did to my body..she finally understood the stress I endured last year. I got so stressed and then my heart started beating fast so I spent two hours mentally overcoming the paranoia of the bugs and my heart and got a good night's sleep for the remainer of the night. I just figured that just let the bed bugs bite me all they want.

My friend finally saw what the bites did to my body..she finally understood the stress I endured last year. I got so stressed and then my heart started beating fast so I spent two hours mentally overcoming the paranoia of the bugs and my heart and got a good night's sleep for the remainer of the night. I just figured that just let the bed bugs bite me all they want.

What did you do with the clothes in the luggage you took?

What did you do with the clothes in the luggage you took?

Put them on the metal shelf too...but as soon as I got home, washed them in very hot water. That kills the bed bugs if they got in somehow. I checked my pj's in the morning for any...there were none. I learned to check the seams of the sheets to identify whether it is an infestation or not. There were none in the seams so it was probably a few of them just coming out of the walls. If they are in the seams then the hotel was seriously infested and I would have left to find another hotel.

Put them on the metal shelf too...but as soon as I got home, washed them in very hot water. That kills the bed bugs if they got in somehow. I checked my pj's in the morning for any...there were none. I learned to check the seams of the sheets to identify whether it is an infestation or not. There were none in the seams so it was probably a few of them just coming out of the walls. If they are in the seams then the hotel was seriously infested and I would have left to find another hotel.

That's good. I think we are never going to stay in a hotel again for fear of bringing them home and then not being able to get rid of them.

That's good. I think we are never going to stay in a hotel again for fear of bringing them home and then not being able to get rid of them.

When I was educating myself about them due to my bad experience last year, I learned a lot of precautions to take. Most people dont feel the bites, only those who are allergic to their saliva will feel them. Unfortunately, I am one of those unlucky few. My hubby, son, brother, and daughter said they never felt anything. When they bite and you dont touch the irritated area, the bump goes away around 30 mins so if one cant feel them biting while sleeping, then he/she will wake up with no evidence left on their bodies. Because I scratch them in my sleep, the irritation area got much worse and spread. I just have to refrain from touching the bites and then they will go away. I got bitten 5 times to my knowledge last night and only one of them remained because I scratched it in my sleep. Ugh!!!

Buy a plastic storage bin and put your stuff in it...bed bugs cant climb on metal, plastic or ceramic.

When I was educating myself about them due to my bad experience last year, I learned a lot of precautions to take. Most people dont feel the bites, only those who are allergic to their saliva will feel them. Unfortunately, I am one of those unlucky few. My hubby, son, brother, and daughter said they never felt anything. When they bite and you dont touch the irritated area, the bump goes away around 30 mins so if one cant feel them biting while sleeping, then he/she will wake up with no evidence left on their bodies. Because I scratch them in my sleep, the irritation area got much worse and spread. I just have to refrain from touching the bites and then they will go away. I got bitten 5 times to my knowledge last night and only one of them remained because I scratched it in my sleep. Ugh!!!

Buy a plastic storage bin and put your stuff in it...bed bugs cant climb on metal, plastic or ceramic.

I hate bugs. Especially the ones that eat my garden plants and veggies.

I also have these nice little poison scorpions where I live that crawl into shoes, etc. I hate them. One stung my dog and it broke out in hives. I have nasty centipedes and millipedes too and these long hairy looking critters.

I understand your paranoia.

centipede.jpg

I got a concentrated bottle of Spectracide, treated my lawn and plants with it and the perimeter of the outside of my house. Every bug I see is dead now.

http://www.spectracide.com/ProductCategories/OutdoorInsecticide/TriazicideSoilTurfConcentrates/

this stuff is absolutely ... hands down ... the best.

I hate bugs. Especially the ones that eat my garden plants and veggies.

I also have these nice little poison scorpions where I live that crawl into shoes, etc. I hate them. One stung my dog and it broke out in hives. I have nasty centipedes and millipedes too and these long hairy looking critters.

I understand your paranoia.

centipede.jpg

I got a concentrated bottle of Spectracide, treated my lawn and plants with it and the perimeter of the outside of my house. Every bug I see is dead now.

Spectracide :: Triazicide Once & Done! Insect Killer Concentrates - 10415 - 10410

this stuff is absolutely ... hands down ... the best.

That sucks...I hate bugs in the garden...

By the way what is the creature in the photo?

Its raining here :(

Looks like it's gonna rain here too! I was looking forward to wearing my new sundress! :( I had a great weekend though! Shopping, pizza, wine and chillin' with mi amiga Friday, dinner outside, Blue Moon and an amusement park Sat. night and tons of shopping for summer goodies on Sunday! Now it's back to school almost! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back