A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's gonna rain here too! I was looking forward to wearing my new sundress! :( I had a great weekend though! Shopping, pizza, wine and chillin' with mi amiga Friday, dinner outside, Blue Moon and an amusement park Sat. night and tons of shopping for summer goodies on Sunday! Now it's back to school almost! :(

You had an awesome weekend! I did mostly homework and other school work that need to be done. I did go shopping on Sunday that was a nice treat . I had great company as well :)

:( Sad. Is something wrong, or do you just dread dentist's in general?

I am one of the people terrified of dentists.

Dentist do not bother me if I am just going in to get my teeth cleaned. but I do have a bad molar. It either needs to be filled or worst...... a root canal. I never had anything like this before and I am terrified of what they may do.

We have had rain off and on since about 9pm last night. Right now it is raining again, but with the sun shining. Gotta love Florida!!

Just came back from a trip to Raleigh, NC with my good friend and her kids. We went to a baby shower for one of our old friends who used to live here. It was so great to see her and to see our kids play and play and play. The only bad thing about the weekend was getting bitten by bed bugs at the hotel all night last night. Geez!

wondering why most hotels don't use plastic cover for beds. it's inexpensive and it's a peace of mind for many patrons :dunno:

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) 320x320; XV6900; Window Mobile 6.1 Professional;)

Pssst...OB7's got a shot for that... NOT good! :shock:

Seriously, what Ocean said, rest and keep hydrated. Take care! :)

Of course :giggle::P

Question -

My husband was just notified today about a job, through his current employer working in conjunction with another company. To make it clearer, He currently works for Rich's Ice Cream here in town. He has been offered a job with Cheney Brother's Inc, which is a warehouse company for distributors and companies. He would be employed with Cheney Brother's, as a shipping & receiving supervisor for deliveries between Rich's Ice Cream and WalMart Corp. It will mean $5 an hour more in pay with massively better benefits and all. It would mean a move to Ocala, FL, which is 4 hours North/Northwest of here. I want to make sure that I won't have a problems with deaf services and such. Can anyone provide help?

I have to leave to take MIL and son to weight loss group, so I can't this evening and he has to gie an answer at work tomorrow. Oh the stress!!

Question -

My husband was just notified today about a job, through his current employer working in conjunction with another company. To make it clearer, He currently works for Rich's Ice Cream here in town. He has been offered a job with Cheney Brother's Inc, which is a warehouse company for distributors and companies. He would be employed with Cheney Brother's, as a shipping & receiving supervisor for deliveries between Rich's Ice Cream and WalMart Corp. It will mean $5 an hour more in pay with massively better benefits and all. It would mean a move to Ocala, FL, which is 4 hours North/Northwest of here. I want to make sure that I won't have a problems with deaf services and such. Can anyone provide help?

I have to leave to take MIL and son to weight loss group, so I can't this evening and he has to gie an answer at work tomorrow. Oh the stress!!

Florida Deaf Services

Ocala has it all. The contact for Ocala deaf services is at the bottom of that page.

Question -

Ocala do have several Deaf people living there. They have a group called Deaf Night Out, in Facebook. Look it up.

Good luck KristinaB with the new chapter in your life!

KristinaB,
Your hubby should take that job if it's better pay, benefits and opportunity for promotion. You should take it if it feels right.

Good luck

Hubby has decided to go for it. MIL is a little skeptical about it and thinks it's too far away. I think she just doesn't want us to leave. She knows he will never make that kind of money here and if we leave, she will have to find someone to do her driving for her. Too bad. She will still leave the house to us when she passes on, unless she has to sell it for money if she needs nursing home care.

My only concern is money. four bedroom homes are expensive whether renting or buying. Since my mother and daughter don't get along very well, they can't share a room. Right now my son and mother are sharing and he wan't a little privacy. (He will be 15 this week)

The kids are tired of moving. I told them to be thankful they are not military children. That would be more moves than they've had. (6 so far)

Will keep you updated. If we do this and can afford it, we will be moved by the end of next month hopefully.

Wirelessly posted

The teacher let us out a little early :)

Well-
It looks like I get to get things together to pack and get ready to move again. Hubby told his boss he would be accepting this new job and so we are moving to Ocala, FL or very near there. He will be making about $5 an hour more than he is now and all benefits are paid. He will be a supervisor and will have set hours with possible overtime.

When we left Missouri last year, we sold most of our furniture since we were to be living with my mother-in-law and she has a house full of her own furniture. I have dressers, bookshelves, dining table (no chairs), TV cabinet and DVD towers, computer desk, computer armoire, and 2 sewing machine cabinets. My mother has her bed, son has a sofa sleeper for a single bed. Hubby & I and daughter have our bed frames, but no mattresses or box springs. No living room furniture except the TV cabinet. We even sold our washer & dryer and they were the "Ultra Super Capacity" for large families. Looks like we will be hitting the used furniture places or Goodwill or something. At least, I will be able to relax a little more not being in MIL's house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back