What did you learn today? Part II

I notice low on my energy seems on not enough exciting!

Mail will be restored here in Canada-tomorrow.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Just learned that my sister-in-law who just graduated from high school got accepted into a special program for pre-med college students. Amazing that 2 years ago she was running with a bad crowd and almost failed out of school. A lot has happened for the good in two years for her.:)

Just learned that my sister-in-law who just graduated from high school got accepted into a special program for pre-med college students. Amazing that 2 years ago she was running with a bad crowd and almost failed out of school. A lot has happened for the good in two years for her.:)

Wow. That is so good news.

I hope counsillor help adjust to improve my skills strong figure out support! I am happy right now I hope be communication to development lots pretty improve adjust future!

I learned a while ago that I'm a genius when I dream. I hope to dream up a solution to this... Math puzzle tonight like I did with another puzzle. :lol:

Wirelessly posted

I learned to walk away from drama.

whoot exciting on see new on football today! sometimes hot on outside :lol:

Alarm clock that goes under the pillow to wake you up. Why couldn't I think of that?

Palm Beach County firefighters install innovative smoke alarms for the deaf
July 07, 2011 6:14 PM

WPEC - CBS12.com
PALM BEACH COUNTY, Fla. -- Smoke alarms save lives, but those who are deaf or hard of hearing cannot depend on the sound of a regular smoke detector to alert them to a fire.
That is why Palm Beach County fire rescue will soon be installing special smoke alarms for hundreds of people. This week the department was awarded a $949,000 grant by the Department of Homeland Security to provide about 15,000 special smoke detectors to people who are deaf.
The Lifetone alarms not only wake people with hearing loss, they also shake the bed while they are sleeping.
"It will interpret the sound of smoke alarm plus it will flash fire so they know there's a fire in the house and that will help them get out quickly," said Gerri Penney, Palm Beach County Fire Rescue.
The grant also provides money for a sleep study to find out what wakes someone who is deaf or hard of hearing.

Read more: Palm Beach County Fire Rescue install smoke alarms for the deaf | smoke, county, palm - WPEC 12 West Palm Beach

This is what I learned. Will be checking into it. Contractor called and asked about it. He will need my audiogram and then be able to get it for me to have installed in new place.

Alarm clock that goes under the pillow to wake you up. Why couldn't I think of that?

I have 2 alarm clocks for that -

Sonic Clock
sonic_boom_clock.jpg

Sonic Shaker Traveler-version
Sonic-Shaker-SBP100-Portable-Vibrating-Travel-Alarm-Clock-539526-Shaker-SBP100-Portable-Vibrating-Travel-Alarm-Clock-539526-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

I have 2 alarm clocks for that -

Sonic Clock
sonic_boom_clock.jpg

Sonic Shaker Traveler-version
Sonic-Shaker-SBP100-Portable-Vibrating-Travel-Alarm-Clock-539526-Shaker-SBP100-Portable-Vibrating-Travel-Alarm-Clock-539526-PRODUCT-MEDIUM_IMAGE.jpg

I like the Traveler version. Is it strong enough to wake anyone?

Kristina, Bed shaker? Isn't a vibrating clock under the pillow enough or you meant that it's strong enough to literally shakes the bed? I want that!

I have alarm on clock and also pretty on bell :D

Has it ever failed you at waking you up? Maybe alarm goes off and you don't wake up? Does that ever happen?

*wakes up*

"DAMNIT! LATE. MY ONLY JOB. NOW GONE BECAUSE OF THIS $5 ALARM CLOCK!"

Eek!

Has it ever failed you at waking you up? Maybe alarm goes off and you don't wake up? Does that ever happen?

*wakes up*

"DAMNIT! LATE. MY ONLY JOB. NOW GONE BECAUSE OF THIS $5 ALARM CLOCK!"

Eek!

0_o you are kidding late job! wow! yeah if suppose latest college and missing work! that is why!

0_o you are kidding late job! wow! yeah if suppose latest college and missing work! that is why!

No no it was example and that's good example too. If I missed a college class because an alarm clock didn't wake me up, I would get frustrated, but personally say "oh well!" by then :lol:

Back