What did Biden mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let me just mention this....I was a POW!

Ummm....isn't the objective not to get captured? Just askin'.
Are you trying to use the fact that John McCain got shot down to criticize him? Getting shot down in war does not make one a bad pilot. But even if John McCain wasn't a great pilot, is that relevant to his run for office?

Furthermore, for anyone who suffered what he suffered for my country, I'll let them talk about it as much as they please. John McCain has his faults, but that torture experience of his shows that he has mental toughness- something that's necessary to be president.

Are you trying to use the fact that John McCain got shot down to criticize him? Getting shot down in war does not make one a bad pilot. But even if John McCain wasn't a great pilot, is that relevant to his run for office?

Furthermore, for anyone who suffered what he suffered for my country, I'll let them talk about it as much as they please. John McCain has his faults, but that torture experience of his shows that he has mental toughness- something that's necessary to be president.

McCain is the one that keeps bringing his POW status up. Evidently, he thinks its relevant.

McCain is the one that keeps bringing his POW status up. Evidently, he thinks its relevant.
I agree. It is relevant. It shows his courage and mental toughness. His piloting skills, or lack thereof, are not relevant.

I agree. It is relevant. It shows his courage and mental toughness. His piloting skills, or lack thereof, are not relevant.

But if it weren't for his piloting skills, his status as a POW would most likely be non-existent. If you open the topic, you must be prepared for it to be examined from all sides.

Did you know McCain did not follow/obey Navy Academic´s rule when he was a young man?

that's fine and that's the type of mentality I expect for soldier especially General but it's the wrong type of mentality for Presidency. It requires a delicate skill of finesse and patience.... not :mad2: where it can easily escalate into Military Pissing Contest.

He did real good back in 2000 but..... whatever happened to him lately? :dunno: Maybe his infamous :mad2: got the best of him...

who does? :laugh2: not a big deal....

To me it´s important to know his poticital background either he is respectful man or not... Do you think he as President of USA would listen the people and country?

To me it´s important to know his poticital background either he is respectful man or not... Do you think he as President of USA would listen the people and country?

I don't care about what anybody did back in early age. It's irrelevant since it's just too damn long ago and time changes a lot. People change a lot too. Just about every President has some foolish youth moments. McCain's college record is not really relevant to his political background. It's better to see his recent track record and patterns of it. He did real good back in 2000 and somehow.... things were going steadily downhill (that's just IMO).

Obama smoked some marijuana when he was a young man and so did Bill Clinton. Is that really relevant to now? My answer is - who cares? :smoking:

...Clintons are millionaires and they're going to pay about 702,000 a year but do you hear them complain? Nope. They CARE about America!
They are savvy enough to avoid political suicide. .

The McCain of 2008 is definitely not the McCain of 2000. No mistake about that.

Make-Believe Maverick : Rolling Stone

Hah!

If the man can't even keep a plane in the air, what makes you think that he'd make a good leader? McCain bullied his way through the ranks and abused every ounce of power that he was granted.

wwwwhhhhooooaaaa let's take it easy there, cowboy. War's hell. Soldiers get captured, shot down, ambushed, etc. McCain held on for as long as he can and he lived to tell the tale. Granted - he bragged about it too much in politic but as for American soldiers - he's a hero. He should just leave it at that.

wwwwhhhhooooaaaa let's take it easy there, cowboy. War's hell. Soldiers get captured, shot down, ambushed, etc. McCain held on for as long as he can and he lived to tell the tale. Granted - he bragged about it too much in politic but as for American soldiers - he's a hero. He should just leave it at that.

He crashed SEVERAL planes, not just one.

It also says in that story that he also gave the enemy information that possibly compromised the mission of his fellow soldiers.

It also says in that story that he also gave the enemy information that possibly compromised the mission of his fellow soldiers.

:hmm: hhhmm....that is gonna leave a mark.

But if it weren't for his piloting skills, his status as a POW would most likely be non-existent. If you open the topic, you must be prepared for it to be examined from all sides.
For one thing, I don't think McCain really was a bad pilot. But whether he was a good or bad pilot, saying it's relevant makes about as much sense as saying that Obama's 37 bowling score is relevant. I have a feeling that if Obama were the one who got shot down during Vietnam, you would not be making this same argument. But that's just an assumption. Am I wrong?

that's fine and that's the type of mentality I expect for soldier especially General but it's the wrong type of mentality for Presidency.
I say it matters because being the President is a very stressful job. He's shown that he can handle extreme stress. I agree that his lack of control over his temper is a negative, and definitely something to take into consideration. Likewise, I think his mental resilience in stressful situations is also something voters should take into consideration.

Make-Believe Maverick : Rolling Stone

Hah!

If the man can't even keep a plane in the air, what makes you think that he'd make a good leader? McCain bullied his way through the ranks and abused every ounce of power that he was granted.
Brad, I've seen you get on people for using Fox News or even the Washington Post as a source. Why would you expect me to see the Rolling Stone as something credible? Again, if the sides were reversed and Obama was the one who got shot down and taken prisoner in Vietnam, would you criticize him the same way? If someone provided you an article saying the same things about Obama, would you accept it?

He signed a confession after reaching his breaking point with torture, as he puts it. After that, he refused to sign any more statements at the cost of more torture and beatings. I've never been tortured, so when he says every man has a breaking point, I'll believe him.

I say it matters because being the President is a very stressful job. He's shown that he can handle extreme stress. I agree that his lack of control over his temper is a negative, and definitely something to take into consideration. Likewise, I think his mental resilience in stressful situations is also something voters should take into consideration.

Something that McCain has NONE nowadays. Look at his tempers flare up on his last debate with Obama while Obama remained steady the whole time.

McCain has shown NOT to be able to handle stress well therefore he should NOT be selected as a president.

Keep defending your make-believe maverick and the moose hunter:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9T0FI2axbU]YouTube - N-Word Shouted at Palin Rally[/ame]

Palin: Obama...Barack Obama has an ideological commitment to higher taxes.
The lessons I believe we have taught our kids would start to erode. Those
lessons about work ethic, hard work being rewarded and productivity being
rewarded...

Women yelling off camera in audience:
And he's a ******!

Palin: And...and......lessons about, um, the
virtues of freedom and independence while being generous and
compassionate with others. Higher taxes, more government, misusing the
power to tax leads to government moving into the role of some believing the
government then has to take care of us. And government (boos from the
audience) kinda moving into the role as the other half of our family making
decisions for us. Now they do this in other countries where the people are
not free.

Still want to deny that his campaign isn't stirring up hatred?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back