What are you thinking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also thinking of Brydie, thinking about his PMs and posts to me. He is a real good friend :tears:

My condolences to M. Byrd, once again.

I think he probably doesn't want you guys worrying about what happened or how bad the events turned out.
I'm sure he would feel better knowing you guys were not overly worried/concerned, he doesn't want to put you guys in anxiety, do you think that the Byrdie we know?

I am definitely thinking about Byrdie, and crying every time I do.

He was a nice and compassionate person and I miss him very much.

I'm thinking of a "peaceful" method to resolve topics or arguments that end up getting locked on AD.

We've probably gone over this once before..

It seems locking topics are getting too retro and the clashing will never stop after it is locked or for cooldown period. No offense to the moderation team at all.

So, how would you let the battles between gun debates, abortions, and so on solve itself?
A. Lock the topic and keep the vehemence pent in the posters?
B. Or let them dish it out until they are too tired to do so? (some Gay/Abortion topics as example)
C. Your own opinion?

How do you think judgment should be given for situations like these?

I think we should leave that to the mods. It is their job.

I'm thinking of a "peaceful" method to resolve topics or arguments that end up getting locked on AD.

We've probably gone over this once before..

It seems locking topics are getting too retro and the clashing will never stop after it is locked or for cooldown period. No offense to the moderation team at all.

So, how would you let the skirmishes between gun debates, abortions, and so on solve itself? Lock the topic and keep the vehemence pent in the posters? Or let them dish it out until they are too tired to do so? (some Gay/Abortion topics as example)

good question. what usually happens is that somebody just don't know when to gracefully shake hands on it to "Agree to Disagree." What irks me is the unhealthy desire to come up with more unnecessary zings. :dunno:

So, how would you let the skirmishes between gun debates, abortions, and so on solve itself? Lock the topic and keep the vehemence pent in the posters? Or let them dish it out until they are too tired to do so? (some Gay/Abortion topics as example)

Locking them when the posters get too upset is probably good. Then both sides can cool down.

They never get too tired to stop on their own.

Judgement? Not necessary. They don't need banned. Usually the same people argue with each other. It is an important part of their social lives.

Anybody who does not like it, does not need to participate in those threads.

Simple.

Yes you are right, it's like a job, for sure.
Anyhow, look at the bigger picture.. One should realize of all that it isn't solving anything, when the flames continue on..

if you recall Jolie's post from while back - the mods are always open-minded to our suggestions and feedback to take into consideration for further revision in AD rules/policy.

Yes you are right, it's like a job, for sure.
Anyhow, look at the bigger picture.. One should realize of all that it isn't solving anything, when the flames continue on..

Do you really expect a solution to anything to come out of an internet forum?

Do you really expect a solution to anything to come out of an internet forum?

My experience on the internet has told me that it is done plenty on other forums, but each is unique to its own.

My experience on the internet has told me that it is done plenty on other forums, but each is unique to its own.

Oh? What solutions have been reached in other forums, and how were those solutions incorporated into the wider society?

Oh? What solutions have been reached in other forums, and how were those solutions incorporated into the wider society?

I'd give my opinion but then I don't want to be cited for not stating empirical evidence, statistics, and the sorts of that.

Anyways, simply said, there are solutions out there and I am saying not any will fix it, I am observing that its better to "improve" than to keep things constant.

I am thinking how bad my eyes are hurting and wishing the dr would hurry and call about my appt.

I am thinking how bad my eyes are hurting and wishing the dr would hurry and call about my appt.

don't you hate it when it takes a few hours just to get one little prescription for antibiotic ointment? :mad2:

don't you hate it when it takes a few hours just to get one little prescription for antibiotic ointment? :mad2:[/QUOTE

I want to take a nap so badly but I am afraid to miss the call cuz my strobe light isnt working. If I close my eyes, it would ease the pain..:(

Yea, I hate it especially since my phone strobe light isnt working. Stupid me for proscinating to get it fixed! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back