What are you doing right now? Part II

Have you given any thought to a hard flooring with area rugs as something easier to clean?

No, I like carpet in my family room. This is the first bad stain in many years, so I feel rather lucky.

Have you given any thought to a hard flooring with area rugs as something easier to clean?

I love hardwood floors. I hate carpet. I think it is so ugly and should be reserved for the bedrooms or basement living areas only.

I like carpet for for bedrooms, and for our family room (we often sit on the floor there). I also need a carpet runner (with pad) on our stairs. I tried it without carpeting, and it was too hard on my knees, and too slippery. Our living room, dining room, front entry, home office, kitchen and powder room are all hardwood (TCS did them last month). Our upstairs bathrooms and laundry room have ceramic tile floors.

Putting in the hardwood floors was a lot of work and mess. The carpet and pad had to be ripped out, and the ceramic floors of the entry and kitchen had to be chipped out. Lots of fine dust and chips everywhere. Moving furniture and appliances around . . . whew!

Trying to get my fitbit Zip set up.

Hey Reba, did you get it set up? My hubby did mine on his computer but when I changed from the zip to the flex it was super easy to do on my phone. It's a little strange how these units do not come with instructions, you have to download them.

Also, I found out with the zip, you might have to put a new battery in it. Mine went dead in the first week and fitbit customer service made it sound pretty normal. After that the battery should last about five months.

I took about a week off to let my knee rest but have started up walking again. Hubby got me a gift card for some new running shoes which should make my walking a little easier.

Set your goals lower and increase as time goes on. It was fun receiving all the badges etc. At the end of each week fitbit emails you your weekly progress report. I print those out and save them as a positive reminder I can do it.

Good luck!!!!

Hey Reba, did you get it set up?
Yes, I did. :)

My hubby did mine on his computer but when I changed from the zip to the flex it was super easy to do on my phone. It's a little strange how these units do not come with instructions, you have to download them.
Yep.

Also, I found out with the zip, you might have to put a new battery in it. Mine went dead in the first week and fitbit customer service made it sound pretty normal. After that the battery should last about five months.
Thanks for the tip.

I took about a week off to let my knee rest but have started up walking again. Hubby got me a gift card for some new running shoes which should make my walking a little easier.
Good shoes make a huge difference.

Set your goals lower and increase as time goes on. It was fun receiving all the badges etc. At the end of each week fitbit emails you your weekly progress report. I print those out and save them as a positive reminder I can do it.

Good luck!!!!
:ty:

Saying hello to the group of people I met last Friday. Making me feel more confident for the rest of this week. I think I'll be just fine now. :D :P

Quiznos is better than Subway for flatbreads and I like Subway for cold cut.

How about Quizno?

That'll work but only ate there once it was good. Closest one to the house is an hour away. Firehouse subs is a lot better than Subway but too expensive and I never use the discount.

Don't have Firehouse here in the west. I also like Penn Station out east side too as well.

That'll work but only ate there once it was good. Closest one to the house is an hour away. Firehouse subs is a lot better than Subway but too expensive and I never use the discount.

Up early for an eye dr appt as it was cancelled yesterday. *groan*

I tried a Subway sub once and I did not like their bread .

Same here...I am not a fan of sub sandwiches overall. However, I will eat there if there are no other options, like for example, road trips if it is the only place to get a bite of healthy foods for miles around.

The closest Quiznos is about an hour away too, I think. I like Jimmy Johns and there's a lot of them around here.

Back