The Lounge thread: Whatever you feel like......... Anything goes! Part XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine is the same way. I on the other hand, am so hooked on the stuff I'd probably get the shakes if i gave it up cold turkey. :|

Ive had to give up Starbucks coffee - Im back to drinking Folgers ever since I was laid off. Nothing wrong with Folgers, but I prefer the taste of Starbucks when I can afford it.

Today I took an examination to possibly work for the US Census Bureau to go door to door and complete Census surveys and questionnaires. I got a very good score - 24 out of 28.

Hopefully I'll get the one of the positions. $12/her plus 55 cents mileage reimbursement, not a bad deal if you consider it. The only drawback is there is no benefits and you keep it only until April 2010. If nothing else it would at least buy me some time and give me some clerical and customer service experience that could give me a step up on the totem pole possibly.

Ive had to give up Starbucks coffee - Im back to drinking Folgers ever since I was laid off. Nothing wrong with Folgers, but I prefer the taste of Starbucks when I can afford it.

Today I took an examination to possibly work for the US Census Bureau to go door to door and complete Census surveys and questionnaires. I got a very good score - 24 out of 28.

Hopefully I'll get the one of the positions. $12/her plus 55 cents mileage reimbursement, not a bad deal if you consider it. The only drawback is there is no benefits and you keep it only until April 2010. If nothing else it would at least buy me some time and give me some clerical and customer service experience that could give me a step up on the totem pole possibly.

Good luck on the job! And have you tried Fodgers Chocolate Silk coffee..really really good.

I can't find the does AD make you hungry (or whatever) thread so I'm posting here. I just ate a huge bowl of yarnell's Wooo Pig Icecream. It's basicly vanialla ice with brownie bites and brownie batter throughout :D Yummy

i couldnt believe that i scored almost 40 points over 5/6 graders basketball team [im coach]. Best 5 players against just only me, coach, and guest. 2 of my team all right player but im teamwork to feed them, they kept missing a lot of shots and i have to do dirty work- rebounding n scoring from the paint.

last week, middle school hoops team picked 5 staff and we won over them by only 4 points [ i checked with stats, i scored 31 points and rest of others less 10 ] 57-53. middle school kids was like, whoas and ohhs also wows by watching us. They kept cheer loud when i touch ball and they WANTED watch showtime. Now, im stuck with nickname from middle school kids. They called me, "Wizard" [because what they said that i have knack by scoring in many ways].

what a interesting scrimmages that i had.

left my wife's home in San Antonio about 6AM this morning and arrived at my house in Louisiana at about 4. Very tired.

I'm noisey!! Your wife lives in SA and you live in LA? Are ya'll seprated?

Yes, my wife and I live eight hours apart. It is very difficult. I had to leave San Antonio and move to Louisiana to be closer to my kids when Child Protective Services sent me a third letter telling me they are investigating allegations of abuse on my children. However, since I moved back here, they have been much, much happier and are spending more time with me. I go to San Antonio to visit with my wife about every four to six weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back