Snow Pics from the Historic Blizzard of 2010

Yea, I will..I took pics of the blizzard in full force but I think the pics were too white. I am waiting until tmw to take more pics and then post some of them up here. I am really curious to see what another 20 inches looks like on top of nearly 30 inches on the ground from the other storm.
And I wonder if the SUVs can hold these mountains of snow all over your area :lol:

More work for you! :aw:

And I wonder if the SUVs can hold these mountains of snow all over your area :lol:

Seriously, the snow out there all over look like mountains instead of a nice flat layer due to the winds. My street is nothing but mountains...it is really surreal.

Incredible comparision, Jiro!!

notice that despite of snowstorm with several inches.... the road is still clear (somewhat). gotta love the snow budget we have even though we're in deep red :lol:

if driving in snowy mountain in Oregon, require motorists on state roads have either a four-wheel drive vehicle with traction tires or chains due to bad weather.

IMG009111.jpg

those are huge!

Pics from Blizzard '10 round 2 (Super Wed Blizzard)

100_2737.jpg

100_2729.jpg

Moutains of snow ..some tall as 6 to 7 feet.

100_2739.jpg

Shel - showed these to my mother - she's shivering in her sweater just looking at them. That's a lot of snow. Hope your son enjoyed his icicle.

Your son's icicle looks great and the last picture SCARY :shock: that's lot of snow... Hope you're stocked up with food :D

It looks beautiful in pics. Too bad it's so hard to deal with. It looks like you guys had some fun though.:D

KristinaB...it wasnt that cold out when we were shoveling.

JaimieLynn..the food stores are open today. My hubby is going there right now. Streets are now accessible. No problems.

QuirkyLibra, this wasnt as hard to deal with as Saturday's storm. It helps that schools and govt are closed so many people arent out on the streets. It seems all fine today.

QuirkyLibra, this wasnt as hard to deal with as Saturday's storm. It helps that schools and govt are closed so many people arent out on the streets. It seems all fine today.

For us it was backwards.lol This was harder to deal with than the weekend storm. At least in my area.

KristinaB...it wasnt that cold out when we were shoveling.

JaimieLynn..the food stores are open today. My hubby is going there right now. Streets are now accessible. No problems.

and more time for everyone to clean up the mess, but by golly, that's a LOT of SNOW!!!

and more time for everyone to clean up the mess, but by golly, that's a LOT of SNOW!!!

I know! I have never seen that much snow in my lifetime..Even going up north in AZ to go sledding as a child, I dont remember snow piles being so high like the ones we have here. The governor of MD said that nobody who grew up in MD in their lifetime has ever experienced this.

For us it was backwards.lol This was harder to deal with than the weekend storm. At least in my area.

During the 2nd blizzard, the wind were much much much more fericous and it was nerve wracking with not knowing if power was going to go out but to shovel afterwards, it was easier than the Dec 18th and Saturday's storm. For the crews plowing the roads, yesterday's storm was harder to deal with because of the 40 to 50 mph winds and blowing snow. They had to stop for several hours due to no visibility on the streets.

Pics of my first ever igloo!!!

100_2753.jpg

100_2754.jpg

Back