Snow Pics from the Historic Blizzard of 2010

WOW! I think the all time record for a year here in Minneapolis area is 93 inches. Good thing it melts fast. We are feeling like moles when we drive. Tunnels instead of roads. Peeking into an intersection before we can go.

Do you tie flags or some sort of ribbon to your radio antennas there for those snow-piled intersections?

We are getting ready for round 2 starting today. Oh boy..hope the roof doesnt collapse because the snow up there is heavier from melting and refreezing for a few days.

Snow rake for the roof?

Do you tie flags or some sort of ribbon to your radio antennas there for those snow-piled intersections?

Some people put orange styrofoam ball on antenna. I just proceed with caution. In more busy areas, they scoop the snow into trucks and haul away.

We are getting ready for round 2 starting today. Oh boy..hope the roof doesnt collapse because the snow up there is heavier from melting and refreezing for a few days.
Your roof is quite sloped, which should help you avoid problems. Roof rakes are not real expensive, but I doubt you can find one now.

It's usually the flat roofs on commercial businesses that cave in.

I wish that I had come snow. My border collie mix loooves the snow!

Oh boy... I didn't even think about the roof... *poor you* - hope it won't end in a disaster... Isn't there any way to get it off the roof? *shrug*

(I definitely have no experience with that kind of amount of snow) :roll:

Keep us posted... :hug:

Oh boy... I didn't even think about the roof... *poor you* - hope it won't end in a disaster... Isn't there any way to get it off the roof? *shrug*

(I definitely have no experience with that kind of amount of snow) :roll:

Keep us posted... :hug:

In that part of the country, I think they are fine. Codes require for steeper slopes and a certain per square foot snow load capacity. But its an older house; I would at least take a snow rake to that roof. The better ones are telescopic so they have greater reach without doing the ladder thing.

we never got that much snow when i was in MD...thats nuts! We drove thru md/va/west va on the way to ATL and wow never seen that before in that area..you guys have surpassed the amt of snow we got in ottawa and we have grass in a lot of areas and lotssssss of melted snow...soo weird

DSC024099.jpg

Me next to my SUV (left) and I didnt have to dig it out since my SUV is 4x4. Even better when I returned home from store, my parking spot is still available because no small cars can park in thick snow. :lol:

^LOL... sorry.. Just couldn't resist smiling at your post authentic I just wonder how one can get from the house to the car?!? Utterly dumbfounded!

^LOL... sorry.. Just couldn't resist smiling at your post authentic I just wonder how one can get from the house to the car?!? Utterly dumbfounded!

And on top of all that snow, it is snowing heavily right now. I just took pics of the new snow falling on top of the snow we got Sat. It is crazy!

And on top of all that snow, it is snowing heavily right now. I just took pics of the new snow falling on top of the snow we got Sat. It is crazy!

I think that by now I'd also be reeeally worried about the roof ... :(

I think that by now I'd also be reeeally worried about the roof ... :(

Yea, I am too. At least we have homeowner's insurance. I just worry more about the 50 mph winds that will come later on today.

Yea, I am too. At least we have homeowner's insurance. I just worry more about the 50 mph winds that will come later on today.

I have a guestroom if you can fly out of the US to Europe :wave:

(just trying to lift your spirit :D )

I have a guestroom if you can fly out of the US to Europe :wave:

(just trying to lift your spirit :D )

LOL!!! The experts are saying that this kind of winter is very very unusual for MD. We probably broke the 300 year record of getting most snow of the season. Before this storm, we had 60.5 inches so far and the record was 62 inches. From what I see now, we have a good 6 inches so we could go over 70 inches for the season with a possibility of another snowstorm on Monday.

LOL!!! The experts are saying that this kind of winter is very very unusual for MD. We probably broke the 300 year record of getting most snow of the season. Before this storm, we had 60.5 inches so far and the record was 62 inches. From what I see now, we have a good 6 inches so we could go over 70 inches for the season with a possibility of another snowstorm on Monday.

Oh boy :shock: Did you make the booking? :giggle: (Kids are welcome too)... :cool2: I got games, I got wii, I got everything needed for kids in my house even though I don't have kids :roll:

Oh boy :shock: Did you make the booking? :giggle: (Kids are welcome too)... :cool2: I got games, I got wii, I got everything needed for kids in my house even though I don't have kids :roll:

All flights going in and out are cancelled so I am stuck! Thanks! :lol:

DSC024099.jpg

Me next to my SUV (left) and I didnt have to dig it out since my SUV is 4x4. Even better when I returned home from store, my parking spot is still available because no small cars can park in thick snow. :lol:

:lol: about 4 x 4 ;) Wow! Huge snow!

Back