Share something INTERESTING about yourself

That's a pretty good price just on the truck. I think it was $1200ish for my friend to move Dallas to San Jose in a 10ft u haul

Hired somebody???? Please get their number. That is less than $1/mile

I'll double-check it. I could be mistaken. Emailing her now...

reply -

"Hey! Got your msg. Yes it's $1,200 12-feet truck with tow dolly because of discount a lot (25% and 15%)"

She's renting a truck from Budget. She checked U-Haul and it was about $3,000. and I'm mistaken - Her brother and she will be driving it, not somebody else.

Looks like it will go up to around $2,500+ with gas included.

reply -

She's renting a truck from Budget. She checked U-Haul and it was about $3,000. and I'm mistaken - Her brother and she will be driving it, not somebody else.

Looks like it will go up to around $2,500+ with gas included.

See what I mean. :) Not any cheaper with a 20' truck for sure.

A Brief Interesting History About Me

215316_10100527804492449_8825246_60961151_4865548_n.jpg

You liek that .jpg, eh?

Challenges. I love them and try to make challenges out of anything. Going from looking for efficient practice methods for my speech processors to mastering skills in riding motorcycles to thinking new ways to get through homework/quizzies/tests to putting the "fun" in reading books and articles.

Too bad laziness gets to me a lot and procrastination takes a toll over me. Blah. No more I say, yet it comes back. :mad:

:wave: My fellow Newfie! :)

Where in NL are you from?

I moved all over really but apparently I was born in grandfalls but I mostly lived in small towns around the coast. Like miltown and harbour bretton .

I'm in Alberta near red deer now. Might be heading to bay despoir this summer to visit friends, although seems doubtful at the moment.

I am very lighter sleeper. It is so easy to wake me up by just tapping my shoulder. Even you can pat softly on my back or shoulder.

I moved all over really but apparently I was born in grandfalls but I mostly lived in small towns around the coast. Like miltown and harbour bretton .

I'm in Alberta near red deer now. Might be heading to bay despoir this summer to visit friends, although seems doubtful at the moment.

Ah cool. I grew up a tiny village near Corner Brook. Now I live in Ottawa. I am going home for two weeks this August.

Did you go to Newfoundland School for the Deaf? If so, what years?

Drive big box truck and drive car since can't fit 5 people in a truck, deposit for a new home, gas, motel, etc. Gas isn't cheap today.

Renting a 20' truck one way will cost roughly $1,800 without gas.

We rented a Ryder truck, 26' and a 4 wheel tow trailer for my car when we went from Missouri to Florida. The cost for truck and trailer including gas (2 years ago) was $1600. Hubby and son were in the truck. I drove the Expedition pulling a boat and had my mother, daughter and myself. That was another $300 in gas. We had 2 nights in motels, 1 room, 2 queen beds $55 per night (AARP discount). We left on 6/1 and got here on 6/3. A lot of gas wasted in Georgia, as it seemed that every piece of the interstate was under construction and we could only go 5-25 MPH at times.

We rented a Ryder truck, 26' and a 4 wheel tow trailer for my car when we went from Missouri to Florida. The cost for truck and trailer including gas (2 years ago) was $1600. Hubby and son were in the truck. I drove the Expedition pulling a boat and had my mother, daughter and myself. That was another $300 in gas. We had 2 nights in motels, 1 room, 2 queen beds $55 per night (AARP discount). We left on 6/1 and got here on 6/3. A lot of gas wasted in Georgia, as it seemed that every piece of the interstate was under construction and we could only go 5-25 MPH at times.
About how many miles was that move, do you recall?

Sounds about right to me. Guessing you stopped 2 nights due to leg problems?

Sounds about right to me. Guessing you stopped 2 nights due to leg problems?

Well - both my leg issues and hubby can't drive too well at night especially pulling a trailer. We drove about 10 hours daily. Stopped right around dusk and had a good dinner and a good night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning and leave by 7 or 8 am. We would stop frequently at rest areas or in Florida the Turnpike Toll plazas. had lunch at the rest areas of fruit and Oscar Mayer Lunchables and bottled water. Nibble on fruit and crackers while driving with more bottled water. Took 18 rolls of pictures and the kids worked on geography and state histories and included pictures for school credit (Home School).

Well - both my leg issues and hubby can't drive too well at night especially pulling a trailer. We drove about 10 hours daily. Stopped right around dusk and had a good dinner and a good night's sleep. Breakfast in the morning and leave by 7 or 8 am. We would stop frequently at rest areas or in Florida the Turnpike Toll plazas. had lunch at the rest areas of fruit and Oscar Mayer Lunchables and bottled water. Nibble on fruit and crackers while driving with more bottled water. Took 18 rolls of pictures and the kids worked on geography and state histories and included pictures for school credit (Home School).

We do that too when we travel. I get the kids to 'google' each State or city we visit and do a project on it. :D

Something about me: I try to be prepared ahead of time for the 'unexpected'. My handbag is packed carefully with items that can be easily improvised for those little 'emergencies'. The kids know to 'ask Mum' for a bandaid/plaster, sewing kit, nail-cutters, pen, paper etc.

I enjoy photography and I will admit I am a bit of a geek as I enjoy technology.

Something about me: I try to be prepared ahead of time for the 'unexpected'. My handbag is packed carefully with items that can be easily improvised for those little 'emergencies'. The kids know to 'ask Mum' for a bandaid/plaster, sewing kit, nail-cutters, pen, paper etc.

My stepmother has you beat. She also has candy bars and toys for small children for my grandchildren.

It's kind of a joke in our family about what she might have in her purse. :lol:

Ah cool. I grew up a tiny village near Corner Brook. Now I live in Ottawa. I am going home for two weeks this August.

Did you go to Newfoundland School for the Deaf? If so, what years?

No school for the deaf for me. I could hear well enough to be mainstreamed without much help. They really didn't catch on about my very slow lose until my early teens. But it went to the back burner because I had other health issues at the time.

I haven't been to cornerbrook since I was 10, my older sister broke her wrist and we had to go for her cast.

I hear the college where I live now has a good program for learning culture and sign, so once I save enough money I'll probably end up checking it out. My signing is almost nonexistent.

No school for the deaf for me. I could hear well enough to be mainstreamed without much help. They really didn't catch on about my very slow lose until my early teens. But it went to the back burner because I had other health issues at the time.

I haven't been to cornerbrook since I was 10, my older sister broke her wrist and we had to go for her cast.

I hear the college where I live now has a good program for learning culture and sign, so once I save enough money I'll probably end up checking it out. My signing is almost nonexistent.

Ah cool. :)

Yeah if I recall correctly, there is a college in Red Deer that offers a similar program or courses.

Back