President Obama reverses abortion-funds policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro-Lifers.... please make some effort to make our jobs easier especially for Supreme Court before you debate with us. Read Roe v. Wade case file first. I even just provided you a link for your convenience. That link is rich in resource - it has all the case files, audio files, arguments, etc.

Abortion Laws Around the World

Sept. 30, 2008

Pew Forum: Abortion Laws Around the World

Ireland
The Offenses Against the Person Act of 1861 (originally enacted by the United Kingdom but parts of which are still active in Ireland) banned abortion in all circumstances. Later court decisions established an exception to save the mother's life. In 1983, a constitutional amendment strengthened the country's abortion restrictions by establishing a fetus's right to life, equating it with a woman's right to life. The lack of access to abortion garnered attention in 1992 when a 14-year-old rape victim sought to travel to Great Britain to terminate her pregnancy. She was permitted to travel to Great Britain for this purpose only after the Irish Supreme Court ruled that requiring the girl to have the child might lead her to commit suicide. According to experts, each year more than 7,000 Irish women travel to Great Britain to receive abortions.

Is ban abortion the solution? :hmm: My answer is NO.

Ireland is the only one of many European countries is for illegal abortion. No wonder, why a lot of women went to British to have an abortion... They are fighting to have abortion into legal in Ireland... I hope them best of good luck on their sucessful. It does the same with Germany as well before 1995. German Government loose the abortion law into legal and restriction to prevent Germans from go to Holland to have an abortion, force abortion (they killed fetus themselves) or throw newborns to trash bin. Health Insurance cover the abortion cost for good reason, if not then you have to pay abortion fee out of your pocket. Germans are happy and satisfy with those abortion law.

Thanks for posting all these refreshing posts.

I remember once they tried to deny that black people were the same as us. Hitler did the same with the Jews. These examples are racist.

This belief in the baby being a 'parasite' is ageist.

You brought that name of "Hitler" up here...

Okay, I have an interesting link for you over Nazi and abortion. (Yes it´s true that abortion was illegal for German women in Nazi time .)

The Nazis believed that a woman's body beloned to the State, and the State would decide what to do with it.

The Nazis and Abortion

Should I compare pro-lifer with Hitler and Nazi? :hmm:

So does that mean abortion is legal now? O_o ... I'm confused ... Abortion is not something I believe in ... I think its murder ... *sighs* ... This is a change I do not like ...

So does that mean abortion is legal now? O_o ... I'm confused ... Abortion is not something I believe in ... I think its murder ... *sighs* ... This is a change I do not like ...

Yup, it's still legal for early term (up to 3 month) for all US because of Roe v. Wade.

Obama lifted ban on global funds for abortion and other stuff to support it.

abortion has been legal in the u.s. since the roe v. wade decision in 1973.

It has been legal for many,many years. Even prior to Roe v Wade, it was a a legal medical procedure as determined by state law. Now it is determined by federal law.

Ok, I just wasn't sure, I'm not very good with political stuff. I knew that it was legal, but wasn't there still heavy restrictions on it? .. I'm so confused ... XD ...

So the only change is that is moved up from being state level to federal level? O_o ...

Ok, I just wasn't sure, I'm not very good with political stuff. I knew that it was legal, but wasn't there still heavy restrictions on it? .. I'm so confused ... XD ...

So the only change is that is moved up from being state level to federal level? O_o ...

No, it was moved from the state level to the federal level with the decision of Roe v Wade, in 1973. And you are correct. There are a number of restrictions.

Abortion Laws Around the World

Sept. 30, 2008

Pew Forum: Abortion Laws Around the World

Is ban abortion the solution? :hmm: My answer is NO.

Ireland is the only one of many European countries is for illegal abortion. No wonder, why a lot of women went to British to have an abortion... They are fighting to have abortion into legal in Ireland... I hope them best of good luck on their sucessful. It does the same with Germany as well before 1995. German Government loose the abortion law into legal and restriction to prevent Germans from go to Holland to have an abortion, force abortion (they killed fetus themselves) or throw newborns to trash bin. Health Insurance cover the abortion cost for good reason, if not then you have to pay abortion fee out of your pocket. Germans are happy and satisfy with those abortion law.

Not just only for Ireland, there's some other countries has restriction on abortion.

Ireland has reason to restrict on abortion to life threaten only and they are heavily Catholic population, same goes with many countries in South America, Spain and Poland.

Not just only for Ireland, there's some other countries has restriction on abortion.

Ireland has reason to restrict on abortion to life threaten only and they are heavily Catholic population, same goes with many countries in South America, Spain and Poland.

Actually but I am talking about EU countries, not world. I only say that Ireland is only one of many EU countries who is for an abortion illegal except life threaten.

Yes, Catholic population are higher in Ireland but they went to EU Court of Human Rights against Ireland´s abortion law. Its about women´s choice. The EU court will decide soon this year... Wait and See...

I think the most restricted state on abortion is South Dakota. Federal law simply said - abortion is legal. period. and then all states must provide abortion but it is up to each state to regulate on it. some states are more strict and some states are not.

Where exactly are we going to find all of these adoptive homes, given the large number of children already in existence that are waiting to be adopted?

It doesn't have to be adoptive homes. A child's mother's family side or relatives or good friends are more than welcome to adopt this child. I believe that mother's family side, or relatives or good friends come first if, they want to give this child a good home BEFORE givin' to the agency who will give this child to strangers who can't have children or due to health reasons. Look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitts... hmm ?

It doesn't have to be adoptive homes. A child's mother's family side or relatives or good friends are more than welcome to adopt this child. I believe that mother's family side, or relatives or good friends come first if, they want to give this child a good home BEFORE givin' to the agency who will give this child to strangers who can't have children or due to health reasons. Look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitts... hmm ?

Angelina jolie and Brad Pitts have all the money in the world. rest of the people don't. and I can't believe you forgot - lot of kids were molested by family members. How twisted is that?

what's pro-death anyway? is he Hitler? does he sign some kind of decree to order deaths of Domestic Dissents?

You know perfectly well what pro-death is. I am certain that you fully well-understood what dreama means. You aren't that stupid.

Not everyone is wealthy like them and even if they were, there are people who arent interested in children and shouldnt be parents.

If only it was that simple but honestly, so many children grow up in foster homes or in the state wards. My friend's father in law is a foster parent and the kids they get have seen too much ugliness in their lives. Terrible stories.

Angelina jolie and Brad Pitts have all the money in the world. rest of the people don't. and I can't believe you forgot - lot of kids were molested by family members. How twisted is that?

Like I said... not just family side, but relatives or good friends are welcome, too. Not ALL of them that are molesters.

You know perfectly well what pro-death is. I am certain that you fully well-understood what dreama means. You aren't that stupid.

No I don't. Both of you need to stop inventing the words for hyperbolic purpose. Please use the right term. Pro-Death is not.

I never heard of it...

Like I said... not just family side, but relatives or good friends are welcome, too. Not ALL of them that are molesters.

that is what I'm talking about. Lot of kids were molested by those who are close to family - relatives and good friends. Who would ever thought they'd be molester? That's the comfort that molester take advantage of and that's why the kids don't report it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back