Post your DIY projects here

ozzie - thanks :)

Liebling - thanks... and u do a fantastic paint job on the furnitures. :)

endemic, great jobs on your car and bike... if i live in ur town, i wud send my road bike to u for a paint job. :)

:ty: deafclimber!

I found those pictures in my file and post here. I did it last year. At first we want to look for kitchen wall border (we have separate room for open kitchen and dining table in kitchen) but they are too expensive... so I bought package of paper-napkins (20 stick in one package). I did it as wall border in kitchen. Many visitors saw it and asked me where it come from because they never see it before... They were like :eek2: when I told them it's paper-napkin because it look real wall-border...

Oh, gee whiz, Liebling! is there anything you can't do? :giggle:

I am a bit confused...

You mean...light paint on wood or whatever (of course let it dry first?) then apply paper napkins? How can I apply the paper napkins? Glue or what?

Not dark paint?

Best start on light color... Paint light color on dark color because napkin papers would be notice... If on dark color, hardly noticed.

For practice: - simple pot or old thing like plate, wood plate, ?

Oh I got it. I collect over 1,000 napkin papers but I never see celestial like this... I see why not if you like and have one... Best train with napkin papers on small things like wood plate, light color or paint light on dark color....

I am a bit confused...

You mean...light paint on wood or whatever (of course let it dry first?) then apply paper napkins? How can I apply the paper napkins? Glue or what?

Not dark paint?

decoupage glue

decoupage glue - Google Bilder

Best thing is ask the owner of crafts shop for paper-napkins decoupage glue. Decoupage glue for paper-napkins.

Yes, light paint on wood or whatever and leave it until they are dry then paint with decoupage glue on dry wood or whatever... then remove 2 slides of 3 slides paper-napkins (see the picture #2.) and press the paper-napkin on wood or whatever very gentle to aviod avoid ripping the napkin and re-paint to cover paper-napkin very gentle and carefully until it goes smooth... and leave it dry then re-paint to cover it and till they are dry then paint or spray them with gloss. Work with paper-napkins is very senstive - it could ripping very easy... you know what tissue is about... that's why I advise you to start with small thing first until you familiar with it then.......

Free Craft instructions - Decorating with Paper Napkin Applique/ Decoupage

Never use dark color because paper-napkin won't be notice... only very light color.

Paintbrush must be soft.

Thanks! :thumbup:

So I guess I'll paint just small part on the door of my armiore. First test and practice before I do it on armiore. Do you put shiny stuff after everything is done to protect them? It start like P. I cannot spell it. LOL

decoupage glue

decoupage glue - Google Bilder

Best thing is ask the owner of crafts shop for paper-napkins decoupage glue. Decoupage glue for paper-napkins.

Yes, light paint on wood or whatever and leave it until they are dry then paint with decoupage glue on dry wood or whatever... then remove 2 slides of 3 slides paper-napkins (see the picture #2.) and press the paper-napkin on wood or whatever very gentle to aviod avoid ripping the napkin. Work with paper-napkins is very senstive.

Free Craft instructions - Decorating with Paper Napkin Applique/ Decoupage

Never use dark color because paper-napkin won't be notice... only very light color.

Thanks! :thumbup:

So I guess I'll paint just small part on the door of my armiore. First test and practice before I do it on armiore. :)

Welcome ;)

Please re-read my post because I edited twice.

"Never use dark color because paper-napkin won't be notice... only very light color.

Paintbrush must be soft."

:D

Unfinish... still continue with my work... :D I have plenty of junk things in garage... It's useful for re-gifts, etc.

I am going to work on dinning table to match dinning wall rack what I painted at several weeks ago like this.

Don't forget to post before and after pictures, please. I would love to see the results. :)

Don't forget to post before and after pictures, please. I would love to see the results. :)

Yes, I started to do before and after pictures like what I did with many pictures here until http://www.alldeaf.com/990632-post208.html... I almost forget to take the picture... lucky, I took a picture after my first paint...

I will remember to take a picture of dining table...

Before pics:

Motorcycles018.jpg

Motorcycles021.jpg

Motorcycles023.jpg

celestial paper napkins

I found it...It is cute and I liked it. So I am waiting for person to reply me back with price and amount in the package. :) I am not sure how many I should order though!

schweisshund, wow - you are a talent.... ugly into beautiful... :thumb:

celestial paper napkins

I found it...It is cute and I liked it. So I am waiting for person to reply me back with price and amount in the package. :) I am not sure how many I should order though!

most 10 or 20 napkin papers in one package.

I alway buy two to 4 stick of napkin papers instead of 10 or 20 napkin papers but with wall border in kitchen, see pictures at my previous post... yes 20 napkins because it need a lot...

I don´t know what you really want with that cupboard... Perhap you draw a paper to show me what you really want for your cupboard? all napkin, or just each napkin on doors?

See post 214 the picture that I posted...that front door that I wanted work on. :) So meaning I have to take the door off and paint in middle in white (of course first is primer then paint in white) then put glue then paper napkins. :)

Can't wait to see how it turned out! I will do same on the dresser too!!

schweisshund, wow - you are a talent.... ugly into beautiful... :thumb:

most 10 or 20 napkin papers in one package.

I alway buy two to 4 stick of napkin papers instead of 10 or 20 napkin papers but with wall border in kitchen, see pictures at my previous post... yes 20 napkins because it need a lot...

I don´t know what you really want with that cupboard... Perhap you draw a paper to show me what you really want for your cupboard? all napkin, or just each napkin on doors?

So I guess I'll paint just small part on the door of my armiore. First test and practice before I do it on armiore. Do you put shiny stuff after everything is done to protect them? It start like P. I cannot spell it. LOL
Do you mean polyurethane?

Back