Post your DIY projects here

Do you mean polyurethane?

Oh this is an American language... I use those word "paint gloss" or "spray gloss" like what I explained LakeTahoe in previous post. :ty: for show me those American word.

See post 214 the picture that I posted...that front door that I wanted work on. :) So meaning I have to take the door off and paint in middle in white (of course first is primer then paint in white) then put glue then paper napkins. :)

Can't wait to see how it turned out! I will do same on the dresser too!!

Yes I know what cupboard, you posted at few days ago. I just asked which part of paper-napkin you really want to add ... Let me draw your cupboard and something and scan for you to see tomorrow... I think drawing to help us to understand easily than describe...

No, you don´t have to take the door off. Just leave it alone... but let the door open... paint it what you like to... I will draw ... wait until tomorrrow...

Oh allright...I mean take the door off to paint then put it back on...so it won't stick or messy on the floor, that's why.
Just on the pane...that's where I wanted it on. I found paper napkins on website...just only one that sell them. Oh well. I'll get them when I can. :thumb: I can wait for your drawing!

Yes I know what cupboard, you posted at few days ago. I just asked which part of paper-napkin you really want to add ... Let me draw your cupboard and something and scan for you to see tomorrow... I think drawing to help us to understand easily than describe...

No, you don´t have to take the door off. Just leave it alone... but let the door open... paint it what you like to... I will draw ... wait until tomorrrow...

:applause: All of your projects look great. :thumb:

You should see what my parents' home looked like when my mom bought it in 1977. It's an old farmhouse in the swamps and woods. One of her brothers and one of her sisters lived with her and fixed it up. Now it's my parents, my sister and my niece living there.

It was built in around 1920, almost 90 years ago and had been abandoned for 20 years when my mom bought it. I saw the pictures from that time showing the house with no windows, doors or porches. So all of the weather got in. Now it has two porches and a deck.

Inside, the counter where the kitchen sink was and the cabinets in the dining room wall were there back then. There were walls with big holes bashed in by the people who camped in the house. My parents knew one of those people. :shock: My room used to be divided up into little rooms. These walls were taken out and there are some nail holes in the floor from that. There is a picture of the stairs from my room down to the dining room with filth on the stairs and the same door that is still there at the bottom of the stairs.

The house looks a lot better with new paint and the porches and deck my mom added. There were several oak trees around the house. They got old, died and got cut down or fell, so now there are only three. The house is old enough to have survived the New England hurricane of 1938. At least it didn't end up looking like this house. :lol:

I don't have the pictures with me so I can't post them.

:applause: All of your projects look great. :thumb:

You should see what my parents' home looked like when my mom bought it in 1977. It's an old farmhouse in the swamps and woods. One of her brothers and one of her sisters lived with her and fixed it up. Now it's my parents, my sister and my niece living there.

It was built in around 1920, almost 90 years ago and had been abandoned for 20 years when my mom bought it. I saw the pictures from that time showing the house with no windows, doors or porches. So all of the weather got in. Now it has two porches and a deck.

Inside, the counter where the kitchen sink was and the cabinets in the dining room wall were there back then. There were walls with big holes bashed in by the people who camped in the house. My parents knew one of those people. :shock: My room used to be divided up into little rooms. These walls were taken out and there are some nail holes in the floor from that. There is a picture of the stairs from my room down to the dining room with filth on the stairs and the same door that is still there at the bottom of the stairs.

The house looks a lot better with new paint and the porches and deck my mom added. There were several oak trees around the house. They got old, died and got cut down or fell, so now there are only three. The house is old enough to have survived the New England hurricane of 1938. At least it didn't end up looking like this house. :lol:

I don't have the pictures with me so I can't post them.
Wow, that house project sounds very interesting. Too bad you don't have pictures.

WOW!!! :jaw: You did a really good job on that kitchen! Everything is square, flush, straight, symetrical, and very clean.
:ty:

It was hard to get things straight and square; the original builders of our house made many crooked walls, door and window opens, and ceilings. It's very frustrating to try to fix their mistakes.

IMG_0089_4.jpg

IMG_0097_2-1.jpg

forgot to add information for pictures above, Its a kitset Pre-amp I assembled. It is a DIY kitset i imported from USA and had the transformer especially custom made for me from Australia (hand wound, still was reasonbaly cheap)

It runs of 2x 12AU7 valves (tubes) and it feeds to 2x 845 valve monoblocks then the Straight 8 speakers. I upgraded the capacitors, resistors, and valves itself of my own selection. (an East german variety).

My pre-amp is stunning, it makes an incredibly clear, and 3 dimensional sounds which is kinda spooky. Some people raved about it (in my house) that it sounds better than Plinius/ Classe' Bowers & Wilkins B & W Nautilus Speakers 802 Speakers, and Monsters cabled demonstraion unit in town (not saying how much THAT was worth- but it is way over the top so much that for most people, it would require a mortgage to get it.

good job on the bike and car, maybe you shoukld go hunting for PK Ripper to retore?
those BMX bikes were way ahead of its time in the early 1980's, even mongoose and Redlines were the good stuffs. Also they were alot lighter than "BMX" of today's mainly because were pure racing bloodlines, not stunt-riding machines. You would be amazed how light the Redlines and Mongooses were, Diamond Backs weren't bad......Ive never rode a PK so I couldnt say, but do know they were Chrome-Moly, which are ace... I had an old ten-speed, Morrison Monark (in New Zealand) it was a top bike of the time, chormo-moly frame are light, LIGHT and RIGiD ABOUT also these had great absorption qualitys they only found on really overpriced Mountain bikes, road racing bikes using carbon fibres only different it didnt need the over-priced, over-hyped carbon-fibre to perform at this level. The Monarks were amazig bikes. Bet it would be rare and damn hard to find PK in pristline condition.
Anyway great efforts, love the slimy green that jumped in front of the steely black (or is it gunmetal grey?) Out of it job on the hatchback, what motor in it?

Cheers

I work on my hubby's great Aunt's kitchen cupboard of 1940s since last May until end of September 2008. Great Aunt left very filthy and old kitchen cupboard to us in 2000. The cupboard was still in garage for long years so I started to do that because my hubby nagged me to rid cupboard to leave him free to do his work in garage like cut the woods, etc... spare for 4 bicycles... etc. :giggle:

It's work hard but love to doing it...

I restored kitchen cupboard into "worn-out and antique" look on "toscana style tradition".

BEFORE

AFTER will come few minutes....

:jaw: Lieblin', did you use stencil images on it above or you just paint them ? They are awesome and beautiful !! I used to be drawin' durin' Jr. High and High schools, but I am out of practice. It's been a looooong time! :lol:

It's good idea to save alot of $$ to start from the scratch and make them to look like a brand new. :)

:jaw: Lieblin', did you use stencil images on it above or you just paint them?

It's good idea to save alot of $$ to start from the scratch and make them to look like a brand new.
I'm with maria, yeah?? beautifully well done!!

Back