NRA offensive exposes deep U.S. divisions on guns

:confused: The 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to U.S. Military. When there is an assault weapons ban, it's for civilians only.

What does the U.S. military have to do with the government regulating commerce?

As far as the second amendment, the government can regulate a militia(whatever the concept of a milita might be).

A ban is not the same as an amendment.

The House of Representatives are mostly Republicans, right? If so, I believe that alot of them support NRA.

Not all republicans support silly NRA proposal, especially Jiro's state governor doesn't support NRA.

The congress want more rational solution, not silly or unusual solution.

Guns endanger more than they protect - CNN.com

In fact, guns are used to intimidate and threaten more often than in self-defense
That's my fucking point!

Here's one of the stories.

Now let's take a look at the real world of American gun ownership. The following incident occurred in August:
"A man was shot in the face 9 p.m. Friday in an altercation with a neighbor over barking dogs on Atlas Street," Troy Police said.
"Police arrested David George Keats, 73, of Troy [Michigan] and charged him with attempted murder in the incident," according to a media release from the Troy Police Department.
"According to police, witnesses stated that the altercation began when Keats let his three dogs outside and the dogs began to bark. According to the media release, Keats' 52-year-old next door neighbor yelled at the dogs to be quiet and kicked the fence. Keats then ran up to the victim, yelled, 'Don't tell my dogs to shut up,' and began shooting at the victim.
"One bullet hit the man in the face, piercing both cheeks, and four more shots were fired at the victim as he was running away," according to the report.
The encounter between Keats and his neighbor ended nonlethally only by good luck. A shot in the face is a shot to kill.

So this legal gun owner became a murderer. It's very common elsewhere.

I watched TV news talking about gun control since Sandy Hook shooting so Congress CAN'T ignore our voices. When it becomes a new law, I suggest that gun owners shut up and obey it. End of discussion.

A)That will not happen
B) That will not happen

Gun laws have done very little to prevent violence. What about drunk drivers? Are we going to outlaw cars next? Do pencils misspell words? Getting rid of the guns won't solve this problem. Doctors kill people too so when are we banning them? People kill people! That is it in the nutshell.

People kill people! That is it in the nutshell.
So why don't we do away with all weapons bans? Let those that plan to kill have every option available for purchase, legally, right around the corner.

One possible solution to this problem, and I would vote for it. Ban is not going to work BUT if any former convicted of ANY felony charges gets caught with firearms automatically gets lifetime prison without possibility of parole (Mandatory Minimum Sentence law).

Other possible solution, those who have felony on their records gets automatic search warrant specifically for firearms, while other illegal activity can not be executed. And that can happen anytime in their lifetime just like surprise random search from time to time.

One possible solution to this problem, and I would vote for it. Ban is not going to work BUT if any former convicted of ANY felony charges gets caught with firearms automatically gets lifetime prison without possibility of parole.

That's perfectly fine with me.

We need fix the overcrowded prisons by lax the drug laws, so drug wars are biggest failure. Any use of illegal drugs should give a light citation, just like speeding ticket or make as misdemeanor without jail time (court ordered rehabilitation) or legal for small ounce of drugs, however felony will remain for trafficking.

We need fix the overcrowded prisons by lax the drug laws, so drug wars are biggest failure. Any use of illegal drugs should give a light citation, just like speeding ticket or make as misdemeanor without jail time (court ordered rehabilitation) or legal for small ounce of drugs, however felony will remain for trafficking.

We will need to see the break down on all crimes that they were send to prison. From what I know, it all depends on how much amount of drug on you are considered misdemeanor or felony. I do agreed that our war on drugs were completely failure.

We will need to see the break down on all crimes that they were send to prison. From what I know, it all depends on how much amount of drug on you are considered misdemeanor or felony. I do agreed that our war on drugs were completely failure.

Yup, I believe that almost, if not all prisons have statistic about whoever are drug violation, violent crime and property crime.

In here, if you are charged with murder so you will have to wear a special uniform.

QUOTE=Foxrac;2135744]Tell us about why you support George Zimmerman to shot Trayvon Martin to death because of confrontation at middle of residential area.[/QUOTE]

:topic:....as you have stated before...we are not allowed to discuss Zimmerman!

Tell us about why you support George Zimmerman to shot Trayvon Martin to death because of confrontation at middle of residential area.

:topic:....as you have stated before...we are not allowed to discuss Zimmerman!

Well, he has odd view about guns, so tried to get him to realize about how is senseless to bash the gun owners.

Then criminal will have gun and shoot em, use your head! It only take just ONE to shoot.

There are Millions and millions of guns in the United states, don't you know that gun invented in 1232? During that year, there is not much technology but gun were able to create so with today technology, it does not take much to make gun. And I personally had made a gun and it was not hard. All need is barrel, Caliber, hammer, handle, and trigger. And my homemade gun has ability to kill somebody. This was just my hobby and it helps me realize that we can NOT eliminate guns and we can not afford allow only outlaws having gun.

That doesn't make sense because if there was no gun around, then how would Obama get shot? By water gun? :lol:

Like we said, if we ban, it is not going to work. We have banned drugs and we still have problem. And I personally opposed to drug laws they need to go.

Like we said, if we ban, it is not going to work. We have banned drugs and we still have problem. And I personally opposed to drug laws they need to go.

Do you want drug trafficking to be allowed or unregulated?

There are some drug addicts commit felony crime, especially my cousin is one of them and he's addicted to heroin, so he's in jail for break in the house and burglary to find more money, so I think burglary is felony in Georgia, that where he lives in.

We need improve the education about drugs, not DARE, just daily education for children to understand about how is negative effect with drugs.

Back