Jeep & Relationship

Yep. Here's popcorn !! :popcorn: FYI - I assume PFH will demand the popcorn be $99.99. That way he'll generate the money he's looking for. :lol:

That woman definitely elicited a 'trolled' response, even if it was unintentional. Too bad for her brevity, she could have really been more specific to what was going on, otherwise, as it gave her massive dramatization.. and now we have some here too. :thumb:

This man is interested in fixing his jeep than his girlfriend.
So, screw him!!! :lol:
Go girl!!!

We are a Jeep family! Mine-2006 Commander Limited, Reba-1995 Cherokee.

Until the repairs exceed their book value, we will keep them. I think its time for the boyfriend to call it quits and BUY A RUNNING ONE "JEEP"! :lol:

You know..this is how men's brain works...

One dark night... both husband and wife just pulled up the driveway at home and his wife seem disapointed but her husband wasn't aware of it... conversation began:

wife: Hon?
husband: what hon?
wife: (sigh)... did you know it's our first aniversery???
husband: (dreaming) Oh shit... it's time for oil change.. rotate tires, change spark plugs....
wife: Hon?????
husband: umm..yes???
Wife: fuck you!!

Again, I didn't disagree with the response. It was the tone that I found off-putting.

Secondly, NOT everyone derives pleasure from working on their own car. In fact, even though I know how to do a lot of my own stuff like changing oil, plugs, starters, ujoints, etc, I'd prefer not to if I could afford it.

The difference, for me, between brewing beer and working on my car is that I consider one to be an art form and the other to be a utilitarian necessity. I know that's just my own opinion, which is why I'm not disagreeing with the response. But the woman still made a valid point, and she was only asking for advice and opinions.

There was no valid point in her post. It wasn't her Jeep and it wasn't her money.

You know..this is how men's brain works...

One dark night... both husband and wife just pulled up the driveway at home and his wife seem disapointed but her husband wasn't aware of it... conversation began:

wife: Hon?
husband: what hon?
wife: (sigh)... did you know it's our first aniversery???
husband: (dreaming) Oh shit... it's time for oil change.. rotate tires, change spark plugs....
wife: Hon?????
husband: umm..yes???
Wife: fuck you!!

Where can I find a man that thinks like that? Because for me that arguments always been reversed....

I don't mind helping out a guy to work on the car. But I was turned off by it by my ex-husband. He said that if we were going to buy a car for me I was going to know how to do my own maintenance on it. It ALWAYS ended up being him yelling at me when I'd not do it perfectly. He was a HUGE VW enthusiast.

I don't mind helping out a guy to work on the car. But I was turned off by it by my ex-husband. He said that if we were going to buy a car for me I was going to know how to do my own maintenance on it. It ALWAYS ended up being him yelling at me when I'd not do it perfectly. He was a HUGE VW enthusiast.

that really sucks. you can't expect people to learn overnight . If I do teach something on cars, I'll point things out when they ask.

However there are some things easier to do if you let mechanic do for you. For example, in a quick lube place I had somone change oil in my car in dead middle of winter at 5 degrees weather, they didnt want to take the time to remove the airflow cover on a malibu and ripped it!! didnt know till next oil change in spring when I did it. This leads me to believe that we need to teach out gals what cars SHOULD not be touched by a monkey in quick lube due to delicate parts on cars. I have a sedona that has a oil filter on TOP of engine UNDER a plastic cover. I will never in million years let a monkey touch it unless I was standing over his/here shoulder and he/she must listen to me for every step what to do.

This being said, I think it would be cool if gals ask to hang out with guys when working on cars to learn.

Cherokees are everywhere!!! They're great vehicles. A reliable one can be found, no problem. If I'm the woman, I may wonder why he didn't do research for a XJ cherokee that is in better shape, have more options for less $$$. He was so over it for Cherokee. It's like he just ran to store and got candy.

If the guy asked his girlfriend to get online suggestions for him, that's one thing. Otherwise, if he wants advice, she should let him ask for it.

They aren't married, so it doesn't effect her financial well-being, so it's not really her business. If she's contemplating him as future marriage material then it's good that she can see that they don't have the same goals and viewpoints about money and things. It's important to know those things before they get serious.

IMO :)

If they're living together, then yes, the vehicle affects their financial well-being.

Ok from experience I think the guy had a brain fart when he bought that jeep. He spent too much and is probably spending too much to fix it.

When I buy a project car I look at the car year and shape, is it a good year? Do I know how to fix it myself? If not do I know who can help me? Will it need any professional work done (minus paint)? Where to find parts? Can I afford it? Can I get the same or better for less? And is it worth the price+time of repairs?
Dad taught me to ask those questions and now I have a 1987 firebird with original t-bar roof and honeycomb rims with only 2 years of picking at it. (Gas tank needed to be welded and everything) and a 1980 corvette (8 months of work).
Both now are in excellent condition, with original stock parts ( done alot of junk yard digging) and the only thing I let the experts do was paint.

I honestly think the guy ( who responded to the woman) jumped on her for his own prejudice and probably had a bad experience with a girl but took it out on this woman asking for advice.
I also think this woman should run because if this is how her boyfriend acts with his money then it could possibly be an indicator of how he'll handle other things in his life even after marriage.

Back