Jeep & Relationship

help him!

This is why you have to date first, to assess whether the guy would even help you for your stupid mistakes....

or to see how frequent his stupid mistakes are in order to to assess if you have the time, energy, AND love to help him for them.

what do you think?
If the guy asked his girlfriend to get online suggestions for him, that's one thing. Otherwise, if he wants advice, she should let him ask for it.

They aren't married, so it doesn't effect her financial well-being, so it's not really her business. If she's contemplating him as future marriage material then it's good that she can see that they don't have the same goals and viewpoints about money and things. It's important to know those things before they get serious.

IMO :)

This is why you have to date first, to assess whether the guy would even help you for your stupid mistakes....

or to see how frequent his stupid mistakes are in order to to assess if you have the time, energy, AND love to help him for them.

did I pass your assessment? :aw:

Since it mention Jeep Cherokee SE See the word SE, it is Special Edition, and I know this one well, the Special Edition on this Cherokee is pretty much "Stripped" down version, it is like basic car with nothing in it, as opposite as Rubicon.

Even though I had to agree that $3K for SE version is overpriced. But the advise that I read is perfect well said.

SE version is the one with 2.5L 4 cylinder as oppose to standard 4.0L 6 cylinder, no 4x4 in it (Most cases), and has no additional feature except just old fashioned features in it.

Yup, gotta land rover, saw this posted on the rover sites. Hasn't made it to the Porsche sites...maybe I'll be the one. :giggle:

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, more detail needs to be posted before we can judge this guy for being a complete idiot for buying a 96 XJ for $3k. If it's heavily upgraded with things like a rubicon express lift kit or something then that's not bad but if it's all stock setup, then she should leave the guy. Think about it, who here wants stupid kids? no one! If he's not smart enough to research that he could get a 96 XJ for half that, then he's just not that bright. Hell, he could get a 96 GRAND cherokee for half that! As far as $2500 in upgrades, I think that's cheap. Anyone who's never bought upgrades are so quick to say how much it should cost, but reality is that upgrades will cost you more than double or even triple the cost of the vehicle sometimes. $2500 is very low, ESPECIALLY when you think that included an engine! I have $2500 in JUST my front bumper and winch for my land rover, and in order to install an ARB front bumper and winch you have to do many other upgrades such as heavy duty front springs to keep the font end up from the weight, this calls for more money. And to control the additional weight, you'll need to upgrade the steering stabilizer and to control those heavy duty front springs you need better shocks, you can see how this can add up REALLY fast. In short: Jeep: overpaid, Upgrades: good deal, Guy: Possible idiot, possibly not

As for the response, I think the guy was a little harsh, but honest. I agree with a lot of what he's saying, most actually. I'm a car guy, my vehicles are a great way not to cheat. If your bf is working on his car and spending money on it, then shouldn't you feel better that you actually KNOW and can see where his time and money is going? Instead of that "not sure where that $2500 went" and find out it was for another girls ring or for her car. If I get angry, I work on one of my vehicles, if I'm bored I work on one of my vehicles, keeps me out of trouble :D. As for the guy who responded; It's clearly obvious that he either has a controlling gf and can't say anything to her, or has been in a controlling relationship-he's experienced. :P

If the guy asked his girlfriend to get online suggestions for him, that's one thing. Otherwise, if he wants advice, she should let him ask for it.

They aren't married, so it doesn't effect her financial well-being, so it's not really her business. If she's contemplating him as future marriage material then it's good that she can see that they don't have the same goals and viewpoints about money and things. It's important to know those things before they get serious.

IMO :)

:thumb:

a very constructive advice for her.

I'm not helping you fix your bike if you won't let me ride it. Therefore you FAILED.

2zzl15d.jpg

if a woman agrees with the response, she must be... what? more manly than you?

So the dumbass didn't pay too much for a shitty old jeep and then screw it up himself?

I didn't say that I agreed or disagreed with the response. I just said I didn't understand why it went viral and implied that the woman was correct in her logic.

So the dumbass didn't pay too much for a shitty old jeep and then screw it up himself?

I didn't say that I agreed or disagreed with the response. I just said I didn't understand why it went viral and implied that the woman was correct in her logic.

why make your own beer when you can simply buy a beer?

I have a few question but assuming the answers are all yes here is my response.

If rebuilding the car is not a financial burden on them then I say let him rebuild the car. As individuals we all need something and that something is basketball, poker, knitting, book club, etc.... we all need something outside of our relationships and maybe rebuilding the car was his thing. I can understand how she saw it as a waste of money but again as long as it wasn't becoming a hardship I say let him do it. As for helping him, I would say that is only applicable if he asked for her help or if she was into cars as well. The whole showing your breast off to get what you want, yeah I wish a guy I was involved in a relationship would ask me to do such a thing and that relationship would be over, I would hope that my man would want such assets to be for his enjoyment solely not for manipulation of other men, not saying that I don't understand that girls wear low cut tops anyway but to outright tell a girl go show your boobs to get info thats disgusting. As for all the other stuff about bathing him and feeding him well that depends if thats the nature of your relationship then why not, I think thats a key point in a relationship if I am busy keeping you happy and you are busy keeping me happy then what on earth would we ever have to fight about. I know some women would say what let him cook his own meal and bathe his self then chant I am woman hear me roar, but if he is doing that all for himself then your point of being in the relationship is? There is nothing wrong with caring for your man as long as its reciprocated and if its not then get out he isn't worth it.

I agree this was poorly written and who can say if he is just an alpha male jerk, or if he had good intentions when writing but wrote out of pure emotions but would change his mind once he reread it or was shown some poor judgement calls he made when writing.

Tit for tat, buddy boy. You make attacks, you get them in return. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

I think you're missing the point. For example; the article by Commerson has gained international acclaim - if you think that's mediocre - I basically called you out on showing a piece of work by yours truly that has garnered more readers.

BTW; can you explain why our presidents has dropped their English levels in their debates over the years... Mediocre thinking? Not really, it's about matching the target audience.

:)

Everyone, chill out and drink beer or something. It's not worth getting all worked up over a woman and the jeep.

Back