Is Deaf Culture still High Context?

As a discussion- interesting re high vs low vs fluid vs? on one's life?
How does the previous impact one's perception of being "deaf/Deaf"?

Implanted- Sunnbrook Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

All thinking impacts one's life.:roll: I thought you said you knew the theories behind CBT.:cool2:

The above discussion is valid for children, however how valid for adults dealing with say: "hearing loss or deafness'?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I guess you didn't grasp anything about the post I made in reply to your insulting behavior and language deprivation in another thread. This is what infuriates people and keeps you on the outside. No matter how many times your errors are shown to you, you persist in the same insulting behaviors. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that you are intentionally insulting and obtuse. That comes remarkably close to trolling and inflaming, which are against forum rules.

What is it that makes you seem to take such joy in frustrating others? What need does that fulfill for you? You must be getting some reward from such negative behavior, or you would not persist in it. You remind me of a child who has negligent parents who don't pay attention to him unless he is doing something bad. He learns to equate punishment with love. You appear to be doing the same thing on this forum.

It is also valid for adults who are going through dementia. We had to write it out for my daughter as she had a hearing problem. I currently use the same principal with my mother at times and she is losing her hearing as well, only she will never admit it. Not that she is in denial, just that her dementia causes her to argue too much.

As well as adults who suffer from language dysfluency. Unfortunately, that includes a significant portion of D/deaf adults who suffered from language deprivation as the result of being restricted to an oral environment.

Confusion is thinking.

Confusion is your friend.

Confusion is your friend when you take action to become "Un-confused." When you insist on staying in a state of perpetual confusion, it can be your enemy anytime you attempt to interact with others. I think we have a very concrete example of such here.:P

No comment in dealing with persons suffering from dementia. Relevant for those adults NOT suffering from dementia?
What is stopping any ADULT from "learning/using" ASL -high/low thinking? More projection to others who don't?

No comment in dealing with persons suffering from dementia. Relevant for those adults NOT suffering from dementia?
What is stopping any ADULT from "learning/using" ASL -high/low thinking? More projection to others who don't?

It isn't high/low thinking. It is high/low context as applied to a culture and the cultural influence on the individuals' way of perceiving.

And, has been stated prior, yes, it is applicable to those not suffering from demential. In fact, it is applicable anytime one is mindful of effective communication.

Which is that: high 0r low 0r fluid or solid style of thinking? Should read cognitive psychology? Not to think-too much on the problems of thinking.

Which is that: high 0r low 0r fluid or solid style of thinking? Should read cognitive psychology? Not to think-too much on the problems of thinking.

Again, it is not about thought processes in and of themselves, but the ways in which culture influences the way in which the individual perceives. How many times does that have to be explained before you finally understand?

More discussion: are we now 'victims of our culture-high/low/fluid"?
Who can "escape from this victimhood"?

Not exactly the subject of one of my user name book: Self Matters: Creating your life from the inside out. Check your public library.

More discussion: are we now 'victims of our culture-high/low/fluid"?
Who can "escape from this victimhood"?

Not exactly the subject of one of my user name book: Self Matters: Creating your life from the inside out. Check your public library.

The only victim I see in this discussion is you.

Now high vs low context thinking.... can anyone help me with this?

Humans are animals.

Having sex with animals is beastality.

Therefore every devirginized human has taken part of beastality.

Low or high context?

Minor problem in answering the question. Which animals are considering having "sexual interaction" with humans? The "male" or the "female"". In terms of your thoughts- would animals become human?

Only on computer screen- you say?.

Lack of desire to learn and meet others who use ASL.

Yeah, the famous Dr. Phil is a bit of a moron, so I'd avoid taking too much from anything you read by him.

Humans are animals.

Low or high context?

On the first, I bet I could find some people from here to disagree with you. However, the second statement is the one in error - the correct definition should be "(A human) having sex with another animal of a different species is beastiality."

Not sure where that came from, though.

Minor problem in answering the question. Which animals are considering having "sexual interaction" with humans? The "male" or the "female"". In terms of your thoughts- would animals become human?

Only on computer screen- you say?.

Male and Female aren't "different animals" or different species or anything of the sort. Men and women are the exact same species, we simply have different chromosomes.

In regards to your second question:

All humans are animals.
Not all animals are humans.

yes, humans are indeed animals with certain particular features involving big brains, use of tools etc...but chimps and otters use tools too.
Humans are primates in particular, like apes, orangutans etc.
Primates tend to have particular gestures and greeting rituals that are the grossly same overall, part of why we get into such trouble with dogs since canine greeting and communication is VERY different than primate greeting and communication.

Humans are animals.

Low or high context?

That would be concrete thinking.

That is a valid observation. Is that high/medium/low/fluid "style" of thinking?

The minor problem is segmenting one's thinking into these categories useful? Excluding as used here in commenting computer wise..

Back