Individual voice ( woman and male)

Whether he knows it or not, he's training me how to think in ASL when I read his posts which is helping me learn ASL faster for I am taking less time to think about syntax before signing.

Exactly what I said. If you took the time, you could really jump into his world.

ok, wait, I'm confused. Jiro says dragonman writes in ASL intentionally and lanapoo says it's not intentional. Which is which?

ok, wait, I'm confused. Jiro says dragonman writes in ASL intentionally and lanapoo says it's not intentional. Which is which?

Not intentional. It's his native language basically and his writing has really improved a lot over the past year on AD and I think that AD is a great tool for him to learn how to express himself in words, not just ASL.

He is working on writing with using the rules of English grammar.

And since he is one of the nicest people I know, I am certain he isn't going to mind how someone writes to him, as he trys hard to get along well with everyone.

And since he is one of the nicest people I know, I am certain he isn't going to mind how someone writes to him, as he trys hard to get along well with everyone.

I agree! He's a sweetie :)

I agree!

What I don't agree with is when it's obviously in a mockery tone and he's not even around. I've encountered too many bullies throughout my lifetime to be able to tell the difference between a caring person and a bully. It just pains me to see him go through that even if he doesn't realize it. He deserves all the love and care.

no no I didn't say he writes in ASL intentionally. It's just that he writes English in ASL style. This is no different from any foreigners learning English. They will speak/write English in their foreign language style at first.... and then later it will become more and more English style but still have some foreign language influence.

ie - Spanglish :lol:

I agree!

What I don't agree with is when it's obviously in a mockery tone and he's not even around. I've encountered too many bullies throughout my lifetime to be able to tell the difference between a caring person and a bully. It just pains me to see him go through that even if he doesn't realize it. He deserves all the love and care.

I think you've lost the ability to tell the difference a long time ago. So many bullies in your lifetime can make you view everything as demeaning mockery. The worst part is that it makes you lose a certain sense of humor.

ie - viewing a certain joke as bullying. and that can change any social situation quite awkward for everybody.

Yeah, I have to agree with Jiro. I know sometimes when my friends are teasing me, it's done out of love, like when two guys are bantering and ribbing each other, it's not done out of malicious intent. I tease them just as hard back and we all love it. If one can't have a sense of humour about themselves, they're going to find life a lot harder to bear.

Some of my friends would tell me their experiences dealing with my deafness and there were times I laughed till I cried! Some of their stories were freaking hilarious.

I never got the sense PFH wrote his ASL post to mock anyone.

Yeah, I have to agree with Jiro. I know sometimes when my friends are teasing me, it's done out of love, like when two guys are bantering and ribbing each other, it's not done out of malicious intent. I tease them just as hard back and we all love it. If one can't have a sense of humour about themselves, they're going to find life a lot harder to bear.

Some of my friends would tell me their experiences dealing with my deafness and there were times I laughed till I cried! Some of their stories were freaking hilarious.

I never got the sense PFH wrote his ASL post to mock anyone.

You're still somewhat new (not THAT new) here so give it some time before you start seeing their true colors. They don't just "rib" on others, they do it to make themselves feel better. They're not exactly friends although Smith tries to get along with everyone. Hope you see that some day.

yeah we all need to know each of us and know their horrible flaws before we can say something. :)

You're still somewhat new (not THAT new) here so give it some time before you start seeing their true colors. They don't just "rib" on others, they do it to make themselves feel better. They're not exactly friends although Smith tries to get along with everyone. Hope you see that some day.

hence... my post #69. I hope you find a true peace soon.

:lol: Tell me, How and what different sound from lady compared to older lady??
That's hard to describe without referring to sounds.

The sweet old ladies' voices are softer, weaker, sometimes shakier.

The tough old broads, the long-time smokers, sound husky (kind of like a man), especially when they laugh. Of course, the smokers clear their throats and cough often.

Back