Individual voice ( woman and male)

I never implied such a thing. Stop twisting my words. I stood up for someone and you're trying to place all the blame on me. Shows your childish bullying ways. Enough.

Writing better sentences in English is what he needs to improve on and seeing you guys mock him behind his back shows how shallow you are. I'd never mock someone like that so publicly thinking that he wouldn't see it, or doesn't realize it. I do realize it so I'm pointing out your rudeness. Just enough. Thank you.

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. ~Jesse Jackson

I wasn't "mocking him behind his back." I wrote it for his benefit. A common complaint among my deaf friends is that the language in AD is too difficult to comprehend. And let's not kid ourselves, you mock his ASL by insisting that he writes language more to your liking.
Have a nice day.

I wasn't "mocking him behind his back." I wrote it for his benefit. A common complaint among my deaf friends is that the language in AD is too difficult to comprehend. And let's not kid ourselves, you mock his ASL by insisting that he writes language more to your liking.
Have a nice day.

And he has not even commented in this thread. If he did, I would have let you off the hook. :lol: Yes, you were mocking him and so was PFH. You were mocking when I pointed out PFH's mockery. Don't try to play victim here.

He has mentioned in the past that he's on here to help improve his communication skills and if he doesn't understand something, I'd gladly explain in easy words.

Nope, not about you at all. :)

In small words
, one poster is bothered by the fact I did ASL speak saying I am mocking another member here on alldeaf.

I need to run but will be back on in a bit and explain some more.

Ok :ty:

:lol: Tell me, How and what different sound from lady compared to older lady??

A younger person's voice sounds stronger, perhaps faster, and more "full" in vocal tone. An older person might speak more slowly, perhaps have a "thinner" sort of quality to it. For a very old person - like over 80, not over 50 - the voice might be quavering and halting.

Those of us between 50 and 80 no doubt do sound different than what we did when we were young, but I'm not sure I can describe the difference. A man's voice might be more "gravelly," low-pitched and slow. A mature woman's voice sounds more commanding than a younger woman's. (Maybe because of all those years of saying "You kids stop that this minute!!)

A child's voice is usually very high-pitched. A teenager's voice might be deeper, but especially for girls, is likely to have a lot of inflections and verbal habits, like saying "like" or "you know" or having a rising inflection at the end of sentences to make them sound like questions even when they are not really questions. Usually an adult does not have those habits.

If you embrace the differences, then why so much mockery? And he understands me just fine. The best way for him to "learn" proper english is if we continue speaking to him in proper english so that he can develop more skills in the language. He has been improving a lot lately with his communicating skills and I noticed it.

Let's not roll your eyes or they'll get stuck in the back of your head!

Just curious - since I am making a program that translates written English into well, lets say, smith speak am I a bad person for doing it?

I doubt it. It is a perfect time waster. I find it cute and awesome at the same time that I can take the time to read into his comments and REALLY visualize what he is saying. Sometimes he gives much better visualization than most here.

If I was "mocking behind his back" I would be doing it in IM's like a couple of people I know....

Just curious - since I am making a program that translates written English into well, lets say, smith speak am I a bad person for doing it?

I doubt it. It is a perfect time waster. I find it cute and awesome at the same time that I can take the time to read into his comments and REALLY visualize what he is saying. Sometimes he gives much better visualization than most here.

If I was "mocking behind his back" I would be doing it in IM's like a couple of people I know....

Typical of you to backpedal.

And I know you do it on IM and you're probably the worst one out there.

I'm saying that he's not on this thread and this thread is related to voices so why even bother writing in ASL if no one speaks "Smith" here. Kind of obvious your true intentions behind it. And you're writing a program? Really? Good luck.

Typical of you to backpedal.

And I know you do it on IM and you're probably the worst one out there.

I'm saying that he's not on this thread and this thread is related to voices so why even bother writing in ASL if no one speaks "Smith" here. Kind of obvious your true intentions behind it. And you're writing a program? Really? Good luck.

Not the first time I've intimated Smith here. Nor the last. I like it.

It's actually in PHP, so very easy.

Also, I now need to point you out to post 22, and tell you to think about that one, cupcake.

(Also we can discuss why over the years Presidential speeches/debates English level/usage has dropped to the 7th grade level these days.... Oh wait, according to you that makes the President mocking his own people, the Americans! Oh my, the horror.)

Also, I now need to point you out to post 22, and tell you to think about that one, cupcake.

(Also we can discuss why over the years Presidential speeches/debates English level/usage has dropped to the 7th grade level these days.... Oh wait, according to you that makes the President mocking his own people, the Americans! Oh my, the horror.)

I see your point, but there's no need to be all superior about it in small words.

No one's comprehension of English is perfect and you don't have to be superior about it.

I see your point, but there's no need to be all superior about it in small words.

No one's comprehension of English is perfect and you don't have to be superior about it.

How was I being superior? I took the tumble and spoke like the commoners. Post 19.

Not the first time I've intimated Smith here. Nor the last. I like it.

I do believe you meant "imitated." And "point you to," not "point you out to."

If you're going to talk about how English usage has declined to 7th grade levels, you might want to learn how to spell properly yourself. And double-check your grammar, too.

128850525975320242.jpg

Commoners? So we're commoners? Keep it up, be superior o' wise one.

why so shocked? Did you think you're in upper class or something? is that why you come to any threads and sneer at anything you don't like?

seriously, some of us deafies do talk like asl in writing once in a while whenever we feel like this. I am not looking for any favors or on someone elses sides. But truth, i do that but not on AD, in general.

seriously, some of us deafies do talk like asl in writing once in a while whenever we feel like this. I am not looking for any favors or on someone elses sides. But truth, i do that but not on AD, in general.

I completely understand what you mean and I'm not judging anyone based on their grammar. It's just that I see people "imitating" ASL talk when completely unnecessary to just try and come off as funny. PFH has referred to it as "Smith" talk and isn't that a bit mocking? :( I'd write in ASL if needed.

It is very interesting that I thought that the male and female's voice are the different also girl or boy as well.

But..I am watching Ghost Adventures program. My favorite Zak, Nick and Aaron,
However, I am amazed that they could tell the female's voice from girl, woman and old woman's voice so It's meaning young and older woman are different tone?:hmm:

yes - it's very easy to tell what country, gender, and age based on one's voice especially if that person has very good ear.

FBI has a team of forensic scientist like Voice Analysis Expert to analyze sounds. they look for pitch, tone, softness/harshness, etc.

That's why for HOH or deafies w/ CI/HA... they prefer female voice. It's easier for us to hear. Male Voice..... ugh forget about it... it's so thick and heavy most of time and I can't understand anything what he's saying.

I completely understand what you mean and I'm not judging anyone based on their grammar. It's just that I see people "imitating" ASL talk when completely unnecessary to just try and come off as funny. PFH has referred to it as "Smith" talk and isn't that a bit mocking? :( I'd write in ASL if needed.

um... you are the one who thought that. Nobody did. I don't see Smithtr coming in here, complaining about it. Perhaps you should mind your own business.

Must you always see and assume the worst? I can't live my life like that. Not even for one day. It's destructive.

Back