If you were born poor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
sushi ftw, never run out. yeah i'd probably die of mercury poisoning, but not for a while.

Maybe, depending on where you are. Still, you got to spend the days to get your seafood, water, some vegetables, etc... Not quite the idyllic moment but entirely possible to do it.

Maybe, depending on where you are. Still, you got to spend the days to get your seafood, water, some vegetables, etc... Not quite the idyllic moment but entirely possible to do it.

Not really.......... Bora Bora is dirt cheap... Its a good choice, actually.

Like anywhere else.

Right, depending if you're in a good location and that a food source can be grown or harvested in your area. Nothing "dirt cheap" but simply surviving. Including dumpster diving, too. The other problem is finding potable water to drink that won't make you ill.

Right, depending if you're in a good location and that a food source can be grown or harvested in your area. Nothing "dirt cheap" but simply surviving. Including dumpster diving, too. The other problem is finding potable water to drink that won't make you ill.

Like people in the US are "simply surviving.":roll:

I would say that's about the same for ANY country, just about. What is your point?

I would say that's about the same for ANY country, just about. What is your point?

Yup, USA isn't much different.
South Africa: Don't have a job, you're growing your own food, stealing or relying on charity, or trading/bartering/earning money somehow to get the food.

USA: Don't have a job, you're growing your own food, stealing or relying on charity, or earning money somehow to get the food.

Water: We know how that works in poor countries. How do you get clean water here? Swim & drink lake water and get N. fowleri?
Are you going to bum off the restroom/park fountain?

I have friends who live in lush, tropical regions (Micronesia and Papua New Guinea). If you want to live "native," it can be done cheaply. If you want Western conveniences (indoor plumbing, AC, electricity, refrigeration, ice cream, etc.), it's very expensive. Every time they need medical care beyond first aid level, they have to fly to other countries (very expensive and time consuming). Our friends in PNG fly to Australia, and our friends in FSM fly to Hawaii. Also, one friend in PNG has chronic malaria even though he took preventative inoculations. Also, our friends in PNG are constantly under threat by gangs of thieves that lurk along the roadsides (they have been attacked). We have friends in another region of PNG who get caught in the crossfire of rival tribes. It's beautiful country but not an easy life.

There is no perfect place in the world. There are pros and cons, and trade offs. It depends on each person's priorities.

If I were born poor, then I would pick either USA or Canada. I'll be inclined to USA because of warm weather. lmao. Granted, USA citizens do frown upon poor citizens, but idgaff abt it. At least, they are charitable.

A bum who asks money can generate at least 5 grand a month without taxes. That's a job, yet a bum is labelled as poor. it's all gravy

Cheers

Personally I would like to be born in the New Republic of Mars. But since that's a few hundred years into the future, I would be assured that ALL socities ills have been resolved. This means everyone is Deaf!! :D

Cheap for those who have an American income or for the Bora Bora locals earning a local income?

Both, actually. Way cheaper for the Americans.

Spearfish, and get the fish to the local 5 star restaurant for their dinner the same day... Cha-ching.

Works that way in Barbados too.

Bora Bora, I'll be poor but it wouldnt matter.. I'll live on that hammock and still be the happiest person in the world.
bora-bora.jpg

I am quitting my job and gonna be a bum in that place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back