If you were born poor.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's about the best non-answer you can post.

So, care to answer my question? What was your point?

Kind of hard to do dumpster diving if you live on a small island where you can try and get seafood and maybe coconuts, if you're lucky. Trying to survive deep in the Amazon forest is certainly different trying to survive deep into the north on the frozen tundra. Nothing is the same everywhere.

Of course. My parents are examples. Came to America in the 60s, when they were young teenagers, fleeing Castro's regime in Cuba. My dad worked his way through college and my mom managed to find a job in a bank right after graduating high school.

However, if they came now as a teenager? Would it be the same story?

Highly doubtful.

Every generation thinks that. :) There are tons of opportunities out there for people who work hard.

Sure, lots of opps, TXgolfer. Quite a pessimistic crowd out there.

Kind of hard to do dumpster diving if you live on a small island where you can try and get seafood and maybe coconuts, if you're lucky. Trying to survive deep in the Amazon forest is certainly different trying to survive deep into the north on the frozen tundra. Nothing is the same everywhere.

lol, you have no idea what bora bora is like.

Every generation thinks that. :) There are tons of opportunities out there for people who work hard.

Oh of course there are tons of opportunities for people to work hard.

There's a ton of labor jobs open right here in Alabama.

However, tons of opportunities to climb the ladder like my parents did? :hmm:

And a double :bowlol::bowlol:

If there are tons of opportunities out there for people who work hard, why are you constantly bitching about the unemployment rate and Obama's failure to create jobs?:laugh2:

Oh of course there are tons of opportunities for people to work hard.

There's a ton of labor jobs open right here in Alabama.

However, tons of opportunities to climb the ladder like my parents did? :hmm:

Absolutely. It may be a different ladder but it will take you to the same place. There are many opportunities to make it.

So, lots of opportunities out there. What was the point of this thread, then?

Here's a question for yourself.

You are about to be born and you can choose whatever country in the world you would like to be born in but the caveat is that you will be the poorest person in that particular country of your choice. Which country would you prefer to be born in? And why that country?

You just answered it.

Uh, no.

Re-read your original question. You threw out a question for us to choose what country we wanted to be born in. Then, you had the gall to narrow it down to 3 countries. Then you picked on us for the choices we made if they were outside your choices.

My opinion for what country I want to be born in? Any country that YOU are not born in.

Done with this NONSENSE thread. I think you are looking to collect posts or hits somewhere.

Uh, no.

Re-read your original question. You threw out a question for us to choose what country we wanted to be born in. Then, you had the gall to narrow it down to 3 countries. Then you picked on us for the choices we made if they were outside your choices.

My opinion for what country I want to be born in? Any country that YOU are not born in.

Done with this NONSENSE thread. I think you are looking to collect posts or hits somewhere.

Gall?

Whoosh!

That question was directed at sunshine and nobody else. Everyone else was following my first question that if you had a choice to be born in any country the only caveat was that you'd be born poor.

Yeesh.

Gall?

Whoosh!

That question was directed at sunshine and nobody else. Everyone else was following my first question that if you had a choice to be born in any country the only caveat was that you'd be born poor.

Yeesh.

I follow first question too!

You are high???

I follow first question too!

You are high???

Great! I already said that before. No need to change your answer. I was attempting to make a point back there when I asked you that question but that's all lost. No need to rehash it.

I will not argue crazy people.

For all I know is that Kokonut (live up to his name as crazy), he is trolling. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back