I posted something for you guys

So it doesn't bother you one bit if PFH decide not to use hearing aids or Cochlear implant and just be deaf and communicate in ASL?

instruments of genocide>>>> There's a reason why they say that. in our history, the Nazi forced sterilize deaf people so they can't make more deaf babies. I'm sure there still people who secretly hope we don't reproduce.

1. cochlear implants don't sterilize Deaf people.
2. the Nazi's didn't provide cochlear implants for deaf people
3. any attempt to compare the use of hearing aids or cochlear implants with the genocide and suffering of millions of innocent people at the hands of the Nazis is unbearable

Deafgal, I know you aren't espousing this insanity and are just trying to explain some impossible connection some twit has made in a book, but there's no "reason" involved in saying this.

re:PFH doesn't want/use either a hearing aid/Cochlear Implant? No- HIS FREE LIFE STYLE CHOICE! I am NOT affected by his choice.
I made the same comment on Flip who, recently made a similar choice- to be/remain deaf.

Implanted- Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

3. any attempt to compare the use of hearing aids or cochlear implants with the genocide and suffering of millions of innocent people at the hands of the Nazis is unbearable

Deafgal, I know you aren't espousing this insanity and are just trying to explain some impossible connection some twit has made in a book, but there's no "reason" involved in saying this.
As long as they don't mandate ci, there no genocide of deaf people

As long as they don't mandate ci, there no genocide of deaf people

Seriously. Wearing a CI or HA is not genocide. Offensive to the nth degree to be making this connection.

Never said it was. It is when majority who believe deaf people should be hearing like them

It seems like deafgal is talking more about the view of general society about deaf people, not about the devices themselves. If a hearing person told a deaf people that all deaf people should improve themselves by getting a CI and hear normally, doesnt that person carry the same kinds of views of deafness as the Nazis did? Maybe the hearing person wont kidnap and starve deaf people but to that person, deafness is a bad thing just like deafness was a bad thing to the Nazis.

If I understood, I thought all did was sterilize them and released them back to the society. I didn't know they did more.

If a hearing person told a deaf people that all deaf people should improve themselves by getting a CI and hear normally, doesnt that person carry the same kinds of views of deafness as the Nazis did?

No.

It seems like deafgal is talking more about the view of general society about deaf people, not about the devices themselves. If a hearing person told a deaf people that all deaf people should improve themselves by getting a CI and hear normally, doesnt that person carry the same kinds of views of deafness as the Nazis did? Maybe the hearing person wont kidnap and starve deaf people but to that person, deafness is a bad thing just like deafness was a bad thing to the Nazis.

Its when a hearing person who says deaf people are bad for the society, they feel they need to enforce cochlear implant (or ABI or BAHA ) on all deaf children rather the parents agree or not.

I can see where deafgal is coming from. There are soooooo many people that dont like the deaf.

Grendel - So it's perfectly fine with you that Denmark is mandating CI's for every baby that fails its hearing test and forcing all kids not to learn sign language until past elementary school?

Some awareness for us all here.

Nazis saw deafness as a bad thing.

That hearing person saw deafness as a bad thing.

No?

Where are you going with your inference, Shel? That transitive doesn't fly. Shel is brunette, some NAZIs were brunette, therefore Shel = Nazi? I don't think so.

Grendel - So it's perfectly fine with you that Denmark is mandating CI's for every baby that fails its hearing test and forcing all kids not to learn sign language until past elementary school?

Some awareness for us all here.

? I've never discussed Denmark's policies on this forum. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

Its when a hearing person who says deaf people are bad for the society, they feel they need to enforce cochlear implant (or ABI or BAHA ) on all deaf children rather the parents agree or not.

What hearing person is saying that deaf people are bad for the society?

? I've never discussed Denmark's policies on this forum. You must have me mixed up with someone else.

I brought it up because there are government and systems that are working on the eradication of deafness, which is in line with the "genocide of the deaf" although not as extreme.

What hearing person is saying that deaf people are bad for the society?

I'm saying that would put them in same level as naz viewpoint.

I realize there's people who think ci would be a helpful tool and I don't equal them as naz i

As long as the first definition (in the dictionary) of deafness is a medical view and as long as deafness as a cultural view is in the third or fourth position in the definition, there will always be this problem. Society, in general, thinks it is being altruistic to want to "help", etc with the goal being eradication of deafness. A little reality check here. We can educate, educate, educate till the cows come home but we are not loud enough.

Back