I dont like Turbochargers

derek i see turbo charge push bike first time..run on elctric it turbo charge up hills,i want one but over 2000quid

even a japan-market only K-cars, have 660cc engine with turbos and these cars are more valuable than air-cond' subura WRXs, Supras, Skylines over theren , the K-cars WITHOUT radio, air-cond, electric windows etc COSTS more to buy BUT cost next to nothing to run, Also no road taxes on these!!

and yes you read right, 660cc Very small engines, and some 'better ones' do have turbos, here's a video, ...

Turbos and Temples - Mighty Car Mods Feature Film - YouTube
just get a smart car, instant coffin too.

Page 5
During engine operation at low engine
speeds and load, little energy is
available from the exhaust to generate
boost. In order to maximize the use of
the energy that is available, the vanes
are closed. In doing so, the exhaust
gas is accelerated between the vanes
and across the turbine wheel
increasing turbocharger wheel speed
and “boost”. In general, this allows the
turbocharger to behave as a smaller

turbocharger.
Oil does nothing but lubricate the moving parts, the exhaust is what powers the turbo. Vanes open and close to increase speeds, but the oil doesn't actually power the turbo. Never has and never will.

They're expensive to run now though, taxes and parts and everything. And the turn radius is... :P

you have to pay for privilege, taxes, depending where...and nah parts easy to get, turn radius has a trade off, losing stablility in high speed...and ride comfort too...i dont care, and even some new cars have bad steering locks , its not age-related, its design related.

you have to pay for privilege, taxes, depending where...and nah parts easy to get, turn radius has a trade off, losing stablility in high speed...and ride comfort too...i dont care, and even some new cars have bad steering locks , its not age-related, its design related.
Sway bars and urethane bushings... front and rear. Good shocks/tires and alignment...all you need.

I also have the bigass diesel. It is the 7.3L in an F-250. The turbo started to occasionally fail- soot from the exhaust builds up inside them, the vanes get an uneven wear pattern and next thing you know you are in the middle of a turn onto the busy highway with a big load and whaa where the hell is my zoom? Two thousand dollars later with a new turbo over my protests at that shop saying there must be a kit for new vanes but life has to go on too.
Diehard has a different setup with the 6.0, I do not know anything about it. They are cool but spendy when they fail- I was told they get around 100,000 miles out of them. It is still a learning experience for me. Traffic moves fast it is important to keep up the speed.

I thought of Dereksbicycles when I spotted a couple of very nicely built up motorized bicycles in the bike section in the Anchorage craigslist here in Alaska. At $800 a piece though ouch.

I kinda of wish I had 7.3 in my rig. Its the best Ford ever had. 6.0L do have series of problems and they aren't cheap. Yes, I am nervous about it. Most issues with 6.0L has to do with stupid EPA BS. Its kinda of design flaw with EPA requirements. I could fix it with bulletproof parts but they aren't cheap. I think Turbo itself on 6.0L may be better than 7.3.

If you live in colder climate like here, need to plug in block heater if below 40 degrees for 7.3, mine is 20 degree however I made it when it was 9 degrees, failed start at 8 degrees. LOL

I also have the bigass diesel. It is the 7.3L in an F-250. The turbo started to occasionally fail- soot from the exhaust builds up inside them, the vanes get an uneven wear pattern and next thing you know you are in the middle of a turn onto the busy highway with a big load and whaa where the hell is my zoom? Two thousand dollars later with a new turbo over my protests at that shop saying there must be a kit for new vanes but life has to go on too.
Diehard has a different setup with the 6.0, I do not know anything about it. They are cool but spendy when they fail- I was told they get around 100,000 miles out of them. It is still a learning experience for me. Traffic moves fast it is important to keep up the speed.

I thought of Dereksbicycles when I spotted a couple of very nicely built up motorized bicycles in the bike section in the Anchorage craigslist here in Alaska. At $800 a piece though ouch.

It is a good engine but they figured out how to make it complicated. I am from the school that says make it simple and bulletproof. It is parked right now and I am driving my old beat up 92 Chevy half ton during the winter. It does not have a turbo... smiles.. I can't help it I like the diesel but up here the price of diesel is always higher than gas by nearly 50 cents.. ouch

If you do mathematics right, Diesel fuel STILL cheaper than gasoline. Just think, with Diesel gets at least 50% more MPG than gasoline and Diesel cost only 15% more than gasoline.

It is a good engine but they figured out how to make it complicated. I am from the school that says make it simple and bulletproof. It is parked right now and I am driving my old beat up 92 Chevy half ton during the winter. It does not have a turbo... smiles.. I can't help it I like the diesel but up here the price of diesel is always higher than gas by nearly 50 cents.. ouch

Back