I dont like Turbochargers

yep as clear as mud now,but thanks for trying to explain..so no turbo charge peda bike then derek

Yes, you can have a bike with motor. It is possible to add turbocharger to it, but no one has ever done it before.

I checked mine how they spin or where it got the spinning energy, it said oil pressure as "Hydraulic" process. I think this is specifically designed turbo maybe for Diesel, I am not sure why. I can't find the information, darn! I recall after research engine most common problems (Very expensive problems) and there is solution that will solve the problem that EPA don't want owners to (Yes, it is legally) and in order to replace that problematic part, removal of Turbo is required and warned make sure clean intake and outtake of oil and requires replace specific bolts, otherwise debris, improper seated bolts can lead damage to Turbo, its because it is powered by oil pressure. I decided not to molest that part and hopefully I can afford get it professionally replaced with bulletproof part.

Turbos never use oil to power them, to lubricate them yes but oil no... there is no way for oil to build that kind of pressure to spin them at different speeds in any sense???? The turbos operate on the gasses being expelled, the higher the engine revs the faster the turbo spins and the more pressure pumped to the intake. Oil is not hydraulic fluid and turbos would never be operated by hydraulics since its flammable and under any pressure, you are looking for disaster to happen.
Turbos generate a lot of heat under the hood, that's one reason they are not highly used in racing, but the newer tuner guys are all for that stuff, you take a seasoned old school guy he will pick a blower any day.
Everyone I know including my older cousins ( professional mechanics/Rodders ) to this day wont touch a turbo, they say its just a kids toy.

this procharger is some kind of hybird turbo charger, instead of being exhaust-driven, its belt driven like the roots-vane type cousins...,
i like the first video its really explains well HOW the supercharger works, as in 'trapping' mass of air/gas, piling it at the botoom with no 'escape' except to go into the engine's intake... thus its 'forced induction' it is REALLY clear...

turbos works completely different,..

this procharger is some kind of hybird turbo charger, instead of being exhaust-driven, its belt driven like the roots-vane type cousins...,
i like the first video its really explains well HOW the supercharger works, as in 'trapping' mass of air/gas, piling it at the botoom with no 'escape' except to go into the engine's intake... thus its 'forced induction' it is REALLY clear...

turbos works completely different,..
Pro Charger is just a name brand, like Wyland super charger... That's where the name stuffer comes from... The air is just pressurized and stuffed in...lol

I did notice the procharger didn't have an electromagnetic clutch???
Watch the original Mad Max movie where he flips the switch and the charger kicks in.

Watch at first driving its not rotating, at about 5:50+ he kicks it on in the chase and it engages
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFDAJep1jo[/ame]

Pro Charger is just a name brand, like Wyland super charger... That's where the name stuffer comes from... The air is just pressurized and stuffed in...lol

yes i realise that. I was an avid motocrosser, there was different brand for 'hot up parts' er aftermarket parts, like Boyseen for Reed valves, Rental for handle bars, etc etc Mukinis for carbs but they also make stock carbs, etc...
well superchargers are basically 'entrapment devices' but with rotational means to increase the pressure but trapping in more' then it ontly get released into the intake manifold.
nothing magical about it, just precision shapes of the vanes/blades to gather, trap, and stuff into the bottom of the housing, right (above) before the manfold.
im just say the video showed an example of the of the supercharger used compressor turbines instead of convetional dual vanes (screw?) types only difference was it driven by the crank belt.. not the hot gasous exhaust (heat and pressure, rather than mechanical) as a means to drive the compressor/stuffer.

I did notice the procharger didn't have an electromagnetic clutch???
Watch the original Mad Max movie where he flips the switch and the charger kicks in.

Watch at first driving its not rotating, at about 5:50+ he kicks it on in the chase and it engages
MAD MAX RENEGADE - YouTube

it was fake
, superchargers are ALWAYS on. from 0 to redline
which is good, because it make difficult to start engines to start more easily

Found it at http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6lvgtguide.pdf

Second, and forth page. :)

It is interesting how several kinds of turbos, and how they were powered. I didn't realize that til now. I am starting to understand how my turbo works.

From what I read is the oil pressure feed to VGT units is control the vane open and close base on the PCM command, also feed oil to the bearings of VGT units. The turbine (vane) is spinning by exhaust pressure. Green427 and other posts are correct. Pardon me, I go to work rite now. Dst

Found it at http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/vdirs/subsites/diag/6lvgtguide.pdf

Second, and forth page. :)

It is interesting how several kinds of turbos, and how they were powered. I didn't realize that til now. I am starting to understand how my turbo works.

Yes, it is very complicated....there is an article that says oil or air pressure can be used to change the pitch of the vanes, but exhaust gases still make it spin.

Now I am leery about getting one, as the more complex it is, the higher the repair costs will be.....

Yeah, this is one of these reasons why I don't like the turbo. But I DO see the benefits behind this. My first Diesel powered vehicle don't have turbo at all and man! No way any other vehicles can get that mileage I got. That was Volkswagen Jetta Diesel 4 cylinder, no turbo and I have failed to get MPG below 50! Usually 60 MPG. Have you ever seen or heard a comfortable sedan with huge trunk space hitting 60MPG with gas? Now Newer TDI (Turbo DIesel) Jetta I was shocked to find that they can't get any more than 48MPG even on highway.

I am not expert with mechanic so interesting that its powered by exhaust... I thought it was meant to pull exhaust gas out clear up for next mixture, you know.

Yes, it is very complicated....there is an article that says oil or air pressure can be used to change the pitch of the vanes, but exhaust gases still make it spin.

Now I am leery about getting one, as the more complex it is, the higher the repair costs will be.....

it was fake
, superchargers are ALWAYS on. from 0 to redline
which is good, because it make difficult to start engines to start more easily
NOPE, not always on
Yep, the belt and pulleys are always running but the blower is not "Blowing" until the electro magnetic clutch is engaged just like how an air conditioner compressor works, same concept. If the blower was stuffing the block, it would be drawing from the carbs and reving up...
The block is drawing on the intake in normal mode as if the blower wasn't installed. That is why there is extensive tuning with a blower since it works in 2 stages (on or off)

A turbo works continuously, that is why they have a "Blow-Off Valve" so as it idles the compressed air is bi-passed to the valve and released (turbos are noisy) so they also have instant power to the block where a stuffer/blower doesn't til its engages and only at higher RPMs, turbos have a wider range of operations, true. But generate excessive amounts of heat where a blower doesn't.

It the photos on another thread (wont let me attach the same photos in here)
My 77 Caprice had a 350 with 350TH trans, stage 2 shift kit.
I don't remember the cam/valve durations..ect..
I bought it stock, purchased all my parts from Wise Speed Shop here and a week before Christmas I went out to the garage and tore it down, rebuilt the block with domed pistons, oversized valves, cammed...ect... I pulled it out on Christmas day and tuned it, driving around pulling over, adjusting.. finally got it perfected.
My buddy had a 1985 Monte Carlo SS, he had a shop redo his block, changed trans..ect... He got it back, we both sounded good, with new exhaust and all.
We lived in different counties (me in the city still) but we bowled on the same team and took a common route to the Alley, we met up one weekend on the way since this road was 2 lane and pretty much a straightway for miles, we decided to Drag Race.
It was late evening, no traffic so we got to the red light and waited for the green. Well, I left him sitting, he was pissed !!!! He spent several thousands of dollars on his rebuild and I did mine myself for just a few hundred. So we compared notes of what he had done and what I have done myself... well long story short, he had me rebuild it. Its funny but in reality if you don't know what you are doing it really makes it worst than it can be. I love 350 chevy motors, easy and cheap to build. I actually have a friend who is a professional builder for drag/indy/show cars. He is getting me a good used 350 4bolt main that I am going to build over time since I am trying to find a cheap old 1950's chevy truck to build. Just something to pass time once the house if fixed.

Have you ever seen or heard a comfortable sedan with huge trunk space hitting 60MPG with gas?

Oh, yes...they are all over the world, but not here in the good ole' USA.

Saw a few Toyota Camry diesels while in Mexico & Jamaica.

Thanks to the EPA, most manufacturers do not see the financial advantage of making diesels meet EPA's ridiculous regulations. VW is the only one that does, and a couple others are working on it....but be prepared to pay the hefty increase in price.

Crappy MPG on VW's diesels can be blamed on all the pollution controls and extra weight added because that us fat, lazy rednecks want all the bells, whistles, and luxury goodies, plus all the EPA-mandated safety crap that attributes to 1/3 of the price tag.

Stripped-down cars are available overseas, but not here in the US. The only vehicle that would meet that criteria would be the Nissan Versa SV....does not even have a radio or a/c. For only $1000 more you get all the goodies...so what's the point?

I am not expert with mechanic so interesting that its powered by exhaust... I thought it was meant to pull exhaust gas out clear up for next mixture, you know.

Neither am I....I only know what I know....LOL.

NOPE, not always on
Yep, the belt and pulleys are always running but the blower is not "Blowing" until the electro magnetic clutch is engaged just like how an air conditioner compressor works, same concept. If the blower was stuffing the block, it would be drawing from the carbs and reving up...
The block is drawing on the intake in normal mode as if the blower wasn't installed. That is why there is extensive tuning with a blower since it works in 2 stages (on or off)

A turbo works continuously, that is why they have a "Blow-Off Valve" so as it idles the compressed air is bi-passed to the valve and released (turbos are noisy) so they also have instant power to the block where a stuffer/blower doesn't til its engages and only at higher RPMs, turbos have a wider range of operations, true. But generate excessive amounts of heat where a blower doesn't.

sorry i must be old, never heard of it, im familar with 671, 871s and muculloughs, weiland manifolds and thats about it....ok this is something else new for me, id google it shortly

this is what i found.
Blowers & Superchargers with on/off switch - Car Forums and Automotive Chat

Where can i buy a new superchargers magnetic clutch? - Benzworld.org - Mercedes-Benz Discussion Forum

The Mad Max Interceptor Page

Electric Turbochargers? - Yellow Bullet Forums

hmmm,
id stick with no on/off swtich b/c sc makes starting easier on old world V8s, like 289 302 318 327 350 354 426 427 454, woudnt touch anything else, i like a tried and true V8s to play with (havent got a car but when i start finish uni , i will , probably try do something like a 67's stingray, body (even if fibre glass replica), and have a blown hemi, that's what i like..i know weird mix, who cares.

Turbochargers these days are so much better and much more reliable. I am currently looking at compact cars, as my 10 year old Honda will be my daughter's commuter in about a year. The Chevy Cruze's 1.4L has a turbo, and gets nearly 40MPG on the highway. Kia's new 2014 Forte SX has a turbo as well.

Want a supercharger? I think Ford has them in their big-ass diesels....can't remember.

Newer muscle cars like Mustang, Camaro/Vette have factory SCs. I often seen many SCs in older domestic/import vehicles.

As for street driving, it's illegal in California. Same with custom turbochargers. They are allowed on off-road (racing tracks) and for shows only. Even cold air intakes are illegal for street driving.

Yes, they are illegal. Unless any high performance parts with certification or stickers of CARB EO (California Air Resources Board Executive Order), are allow in California.

even a japan-market only K-cars, have 660cc engine with turbos and these cars are more valuable than air-cond' subura WRXs, Supras, Skylines over theren , the K-cars WITHOUT radio, air-cond, electric windows etc COSTS more to buy BUT cost next to nothing to run, Also no road taxes on these!!

and yes you read right, 660cc Very small engines, and some 'better ones' do have turbos, here's a video, ...

Turbos and Temples - Mighty Car Mods Feature Film - YouTube

Back