Don't Ask, Don't Tell

So if gay men share room, can men and women share too? Do they?
They shouldn't but no one seems to care about privacy or modesty or morality any more, so I guess everything goes.

If you don't want to know, then you care.

If you don't care, then it doesn't matter if you know or don't know.

And please don't group gay people with pedophiles and zoophiles.

Well we certainly are not grouping gay people with pedophiles and zoophiles on criminal or immoral level. Point is - they all create uncomfortable atmosphere among the soldiers. Like I said - I am GLBT-friendly but I do not want our soldiers to be distracted by this issue when it comes to wars and national security.

Well we certainly are not grouping gay people with pedophiles and zoophiles on criminal or immoral level. Point is - they all create uncomfortable atmosphere among the soldiers. Like I said - I am GLBT-friendly but I do not want our soldiers to be distracted by this issue when it comes to wars and national security.

But the thing is that more often not it's in their mind. If someone is sexually harassing you, that's not a gay/straight thing. So in that case, treat it as sexual harassment. If the mere fact that there's a gay person in the dorm bugs you, that's your issue, not the gay person's. Don't make the gay person pay for what is your hang up.

Do you realize how absurd it is to ask certain people to leave because the possibility of them doing something threatens others? People can feel however they want, but they don't have the right to step all over other people's rights.

I wish homophobes would stop trying to justify their homophobia with the potential for a gay person to sexually harass others. The potential is just as much there for a straight person too, and yet we don't talk about how a straight person might look at you the wrong way or have certain mannerisms. It's all just an excuse to hang onto your homophobic feelings.

They shouldn't but no one seems to care about privacy or modesty or morality any more, so I guess everything goes.
Uhm... I don't think so. The military is pretty strict about men and women rooming together. In fact it is prohibited.

Your point is valid but I seriously doubt that they would be distracted in a combat situation.

There are a lot of gay people in the military. What's the big fuss? :dunno:

Your point is valid but I seriously doubt that they would be distracted in a combat situation.

well before the combat situation - they train on nearly daily basis. If the team cannot work together like a well-oiled engine.... I guarantee you that somebody will die in combat situation as a result of that.

I do not want that to happen but I believe the military should take an appropriate action on that.

There are a lot of gay people in the military. What's the big fuss? :dunno:

I'm sure there is a lot of gay people in military and there's no big fuss cuz nobody asked or tell :)

oddly enough

The zoophiles and the pedophiles were really upset about being grouped with the gays. Sorry everyone. I think I will retire from this subject.

It's irrational to state one want to kill people with a heterosexual by ones side instead of a homosexual. That's called sexual fixation and can hit both ways. One of the most known warriors in the history, the Spartans, openly promoted homosexuality. Gay men was preceived to have better morale and was braver than hetorosexual whimps. As we know, the Spartans were quite successfull as warriors.

I would perhaps choose a pure gay soldier over a heterosexual, as the changes are big the heterosexuals would chicken out because he has children to take care of. Also, it takes something to declare oneself openly gay in our society, so it's a sign of indepedence, oposite to heterosexuals escaping into conservative values. That kind of heterosexuals often know their limits less than openly gays, and thus are less reliable in war. Ok, honesty, I don't care what hole the guy next to me put his rod in, and it's amazing that some people care about details like that, and ask people to don't tell and stuff... LOL.

.....................................................I would perhaps choose a pure gay soldier over a heterosexual, as the changes are big the heterosexuals would chicken out because he has children to take care of. Also, it takes something to declare oneself openly gay in our society, so it's a sign of indepedence, oposite to heterosexuals escaping into conservative values. That kind of heterosexuals often know their limits less than openly gays, and thus are less reliable in war. Ok, honesty, I don't care what hole the guy next to me put his rod in, and it's amazing that some people care about details like that, and ask people to don't tell and stuff... LOL.
You can't be serious.

It's irrational to state one want to kill people with a heterosexual by ones side instead of a homosexual. That's called sexual fixation and can hit both ways. One of the most known warriors in the history, the Spartans, openly promoted homosexuality. Gay men was preceived to have better morale and was braver than hetorosexual whimps. As we know, the Spartans were quite successfull as warriors.

I would perhaps choose a pure gay soldier over a heterosexual, as the changes are big the heterosexuals would chicken out because he has children to take care of. Also, it takes something to declare oneself openly gay in our society, so it's a sign of indepedence, oposite to heterosexuals escaping into conservative values. That kind of heterosexuals often know their limits less than openly gays, and thus are less reliable in war. Ok, honesty, I don't care what hole the guy next to me put his rod in, and it's amazing that some people care about details like that, and ask people to don't tell and stuff... LOL.
Where are the Spartans today? What happened to their culture? :hmm:

The fact that many of the men who died in combat in our current war were fathers (and even grandfathers) negates your theory that "heterosexuals would chicken out because he has children to take care of."

I don't believe heterosexual soldiers are any more brave than homosexual soldiers, nor do I believe homosexual soldiers are any more brave than heterosexual soldiers. In the heat of battle, true individual character will be revealed.

What is your military experience?

the time was very different. The reason was different. the social aspect was different. the reason was different.

beside - many of them had wives and children.

Where are the Spartans today? What happened to their culture? :hmm:

The fact that many of the men who died in combat in our current war were fathers (and even grandfathers) negates your theory that "heterosexuals would chicken out because he has children to take care of."

I don't believe heterosexual soldiers are any more brave than homosexual soldiers, nor do I believe homosexual soldiers are any more brave than heterosexual soldiers. In the heat of battle, true individual character will be revealed.

What is your military experience?

Today, the spartans live in a municipality, named Sparta, in Greece. But talking about power and influence, the Spartan empire was defeated by gay warlords of the persian empire and gay soldiers from Athens. Later, one of the most powerful gay men in the history, Alexander the great, conquered the persian empire, and spread greek culture over large areas. Both the old testament and the new testament(written in greek) was largely influenced by thoughts made by greek gays. So there you have what part happened with the openly gay Spartan culture.

As for heterosexual soldiers versus homosexual soldiers, I agree with you, and that was my point, too.

My military experience is limited to playing with GI JOE toys :)

Back