Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Even if someone thinks homosexuality is a sin, that doesn't give that person the right to ban homosexuals from being open about their sexuality.

rrrrrriiiiggggghhtttt....I take it your not a fan of science then.

2235_dr_evil_right_thumb.jpg

I think I'm about done here.

I know about Reba so well and she don't agree about homosexual being sinless so just let agreement to disagreement because it will not change her status to support.

Everyone has different opinion about homosexual, it could be sad if you tell me.

I dont believe in sin so I believe that humans are just humans.

Do you have any single friends (female) that think like this????
I have been in a pretty sinful mood lately:naughty:

rrrrrriiiiggggghhtttt....I take it your not a fan of science then.

2235_dr_evil_right_thumb.jpg

I think I'm about done here.

There's lots of scientists and Christians who think alike. You, sir, could be a little more polite.

I guess that's what I mean. It's hard to prove what is sexual harassment. All you can go by is what the two parties say, and if they're both saying different things, then what?

that's why you need a proof. The government source I've provided shows you how to file for it. Yes it is hard but it can be done if you understand the procedure and laws well.

that's why you need a proof. The government source I've provided shows you how to file for it. Yes it is hard but it can be done if you understand the procedure and laws well.

I'm not actually interested in proving anything myself. Thanks though. :wave:

I'm not actually interested in proving anything myself. Thanks though. :wave:

it's not anything. it's sexual harassment. You asked me "then what?" when there is he-said, she-said. I showed you how to prove you're a victim of sexual harassment.

:aw: I thought I'm a good looking guy. Both gay men and women should think alike about me. so I guess that means women also don't think I am good looking.

*looking at mirror* oh I hate myself.... damn body dysmorphic disorder...

Heyyyy! I think you're an attractive looking fella...!!!!!:D

Construction business

I have spent many years of my career in this business working in isolated outposts living and working 24/7 with my fellow males. We mostly live in roomate situations out on these jobs - two men to a room with beds just under six feet from each other. As a group we eat together use the same facilities and work together. We see each other all day long and depend on each other in difficult often extreme situations. It is not the military but it is a very similar situation. We are away from our homes and our real lives and making the best of the situation as it is. I repeat as a group we do not want to know or care if so and so is homosexual. It does not help the situation. We all have private lives at home. If you want to get into statistical minorities there are pedophiles among us. We do not want to know that either. There may
well be a chicken fucker or two as well. We don't want to know.

I have spent many years of my career in this business working in isolated outposts living and working 24/7 with my fellow males. We mostly live in roomate situations out on these jobs - two men to a room with beds just under six feet from each other. As a group we eat together use the same facilities and work together. We see each other all day long and depend on each other in difficult often extreme situations. It is not the military but it is a very similar situation. We are away from our homes and our real lives and making the best of the situation as it is. I repeat as a group we do not want to know or care if so and so is homosexual. It does not help the situation. We all have private lives at home. If you want to get into statistical minorities there are pedophiles among us. We do not want to know that either. There may

That was what I was thinking when you said that. Too bad Reba is set in her ways.

Do you have any single friends (female) that think like this????
I have been in a pretty sinful mood lately:naughty:

:hmm: I will have to do some serious thinking on that one. :lol:

WOW Peeps!

leave my topic for one day - and come back 1 day l8r - to find it has exploded w/ responses!

Cool! :thumb:

Only thing is ....... it's gonna take me awhile to go thru all the responces to get caught-up! :eek3: lol

-charles

Similar in some aspects, yes, but not exactly the same. If you decide to leave your job you probably won't be chased down and thrown into prison.

Since you stated, "as a group we do not want to know or care if so and so is homosexual". Does that mean the homosexuals among your group are keeping their sexual preference secret? If they announced they were homosexuals and wanted to live openly as homosexuals, would it make a difference?

Separate but important point: pedophiles attack children, and are criminals. Are you sure you want to live and work with them?

We are away from our homes and our real lives and making the best of the situation as it is. I repeat as a group we do not want to know or care if so and so is homosexual. It does not help the situation. We all have private lives at home. If you want to get into statistical minorities there are pedophiles among us. We do not want to know that either. There may

If you don't want to know, then you care.

If you don't care, then it doesn't matter if you know or don't know.

And please don't group gay people with pedophiles and zoophiles.

"Admitting" is the same as "telling.".
In the service it depends on who you admint to or tell that will determine what actually happens to you if anything. Initially it is a recruiment issue but if after being enlisted certian people become aware, something may be done about it. Again it depends on who is aware as to what will actually happen.

I still don't know what you mean by "obvious." Maybe something "obvious" to you is not obvious to everyone else. Is it possible that some people are being judged "gay" by their peers when really they aren't?
Its questionable when people have the same mannerisims and speech patterns that are common amongst some gay men. It becomes more obvious when you are being eyed up and down and the person you are talking to keeps starring at your crotch and making sounds like mm mmm. Call it subjective if you wish but to me it's obvious. It then gets confirmed when they admit to it.
The policy does not apply just to recruiting. If it did, then why were gay service members discharged for being found out, after serving for a period of time? That's not a recruitment context
See above

...Its questionable when people have the same mannerisims and speech patterns that are common amongst some gay men.
Are you saying that the limp-wristed, lisping, swishing stereotype is true? What about gay men who don't fit that stereotype?

It becomes more obvious when you are being eyed up and down and the person you are talking to keeps starring at your crotch and making sounds like mm mmm. Call it subjective if you wish but to me it's obvious. It then gets confirmed when they admit to it....
Yes, that would seem obvious. That sounds more like sexual harassment, and exactly the kind of behavior that has no place in the military.

Are you saying that the limp-wristed, lisping, swishing stereotype is true? What about gay men who don't fit that stereotype?

Yes, that would seem obvious. That sounds more like sexual harassment, and exactly the kind of behavior that has no place in the military.
What I am saying is that in most cases the stereotype is true. I would never imply that everyone that has those mannerisims is gay but as it turns out in my personal experiences most are. Not all but most. And yes I do agree that being eyeballed like that would be considered harrasment by many. I usually give a person one shot and then tell them to knock it off. If they continue then there is a price to pay.

Back