Disability for obesity related health problems

but TX, one has to GO to school and have mirrors and scales in their place of residence. I have been in homes where there were no radios, no tv's, no mirrors, no scales, beds full of bedbugs, no clothes in the closet <which had no door>, no phone etc.
Someone who has not been encouraged to go to school, use library etc., will not see any of the info. that might be posted there about nutrition.

I learned that when children are just busy surviving, education is the last priority for them.

I guess it depends on the case.

There are some people who have a malfunctioning gland that causes their body to continue gaining weight no matter what the person does. In that case, yes.

However, if they just don't care and keep gaining weight because of their own choice such as eating too much, no exercising, spending 24/7 in bed, etc... then no.

It's like that woman who was on disability because her fingernails were too long.

Wirelessly posted

do you actually believe that? I grew up dirt poor. My mom was a single, mom (she had to leave my father because he was abusive) and there were times that we were hungry, not because of "name brand clothes" but because of electricty or gas for her to get to that low paying job that made us ineligible for foodstamps.

Soup kitchens....church food pantries (yes they give food to non members) charities. Options are out there.

Would love to know what kind of low paying job would exclude one from food stamps too. Many people work and get food stamps here.

Yea, my mom went through that when raising my brother and I. Because of her job, she was inelegible for assistance but she couldnt afford to properly care for us during the first 5 years after the divorce. She had to beg her mom several times for money for groceries.

Why not charities?

but TX, one has to GO to school and have mirrors and scales in their place of residence. I have been in homes where there were no radios, no tv's, no mirrors, no scales, beds full of bedbugs, no clothes in the closet <which had no door>, no phone etc.
Someone who has not been encouraged to go to school, use library etc., will not see any of the info. that might be posted there about nutrition.

And common sense????

And where would such people get the money for McDonalds?

Soup kitchens....church food pantries (yes they give food to non members) charities. Options are out there.

Would love to know what kind of low paying job would exclude one from food stamps too. Many people work and get food stamps here.

We do not qualify for food stamps with my husband working a full time job and only getting $8.25 an hour. This is for the family of 5. We do get my disability check each month, but we also have 3 vehicle payments (not my choice).

What about food banks?

um... poor people can't even afford any of those.

Wirelessly posted

do you actually believe that? I grew up dirt poor. My mom was a single, mom (she had to leave my father because he was abusive) and there were times that we were hungry, not because of "name brand clothes" but because of electricty or gas for her to get to that low paying job that made us ineligible for foodstamps.

then buy Ramen noodles and soup, they are cheaper.

Faire jour, I don't know about your past.

We do not qualify for food stamps with my husband working a full time job and only getting $8.25 an hour. This is for the family of 5. We do get my disability check each month, but we also have 3 vehicle payments (not my choice).

Wow....you would qualify in Texas easily

Wow....you would qualify in Texas easily

I'm stuck in the state that has all of the immigrants from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Cuba and Haiti. All of them are taking the state help, so that the honest Americans can't get the help they need.

I believe that food stamp is more regulated in state than in federal?

:dunno:

Just know that in TX if you make less than $11/hr you are going to get food stamps......unless you have a big bank account. And, $11/hr goes a long way in TX too. Cheap place to live.

Sadly :(

no-food.jpg

Brings it home doesn't it.

:dunno:

Just know that in TX if you make less than $11/hr you are going to get food stamps......unless you have a big bank account. And, $11/hr goes a long way in TX too. Cheap place to live.

Oh I see, I don't need food stamp because I have enough SSI funds to cover on grocery expenses, also possible ineligible because I live with relatives that has more income and resources because food stamp application will count on entire households whoever you live with them.

There was a lot of cereal and ramen in our lives, but yes, sometimes if my mom could only pull together $2, she bought the 4 kids hamburgers (cheaper back then).

I do understand your position. Still, home made is healthier. I have a brother who has the metabolism that no matter what he eats or how much, he burns it off. He kinds of makes me sick. I gain it all, but he stays the same. Since he was 16 and he's now 50, he wears the same size in pants, 28/36. Long legged, skinny waist.

Don't get my wrong. I know healthier is better. I prefer healthier. But healthy is hard to get to where I live. Having no car and crappy public transportation doesn't help. I'm just making this point though to show why other people shouldn't judge those who eat unhealthy. Sometimes it's their only option because of time, money, resources, who knows what else. Some people just don't know better. Yes, to a certain extent it's our own responsibility what we put into our bodies, but on the other hand, some of it is a matter of circumstance.

I practically live on ramen noodles. It's one of the easiest things to get a lot of for cheap, fills you up, and I can walk to the store.

Back