Bottesini's Korean Thread (ask Jiro all)

Yeah, ain't it fun? It's a good thing I'm an Irish German African American Jew or I'd never be able to keep up!

what race do you feel closely related to?

naisho - post your pix here too and show off what Korea's got to offer :cool2:

Thing is, i'm only part korean. I donno what you would call it. I'm like a mutt breed between China and Korea. One side of my family are chinese that lived in Taiwan, and the other side (mother's) are chinese living in korea that have married koreans thru their generations. I have been born of and lived in the states all my life though.

what race do you feel closely related to?

Kinda depends on who I'm with, I guess. Its a pretty equal balance, but I can draw off any of the ethnicities. My parents never stressed one culture over the other, so I see them all as having an equal influence over who I am.

Thing is, i'm only part korean. I donno what you would call it. I'm like a mutt breed between China and Korea. One side of my family are chinese that lived in Taiwan, and the other side (mother's) are chinese living in korea that have married koreans thru their generations.

interesting! I don't know why but I don't really get along well with Koreans. I'm more comfortable with Chinese than Korean. In fact - tons of my Asian friends and my ex are Chinese. The only Koreans I get along well with are usually Korean mix or Americanized Korean.

:dunno:

interesting! I don't know why but I don't really get along well with Koreans. I'm more comfortable with Chinese than Korean. In fact - tons of my Asian friends and my ex are Chinese. The only Koreans I get along well with are usually Korean mix or Americanized Korean.

:dunno:

Do you think that is maybe because you have been enculturated and don't adhere to some of the more traditional values?

Wow, It is hilarious and I am laughing so hard that I could not stand it all the way through the posts. This thread is funny and also confusing too. You can cry or be mad all you want but when they joke. Oh man, that is goooood. You have all brighten up my life around here and all of a sudden I feel better. Thank you guys. :D :ily:

Do you think that is maybe because you have been enculturated and don't adhere to some of the more traditional values?

you could say that. or maybe I'm just a black sheep. :laugh2:

Wow, It is hilarious and I am laughing so hard that I could not stand it all the way through the posts. This thread is funny and also confusing too. You can cry or be mad all you want but when they joke. Oh man, that is goooood. You have all brighten up my life around here and all of a sudden I feel better. Thank you guys. :D :ily:

Glad you enjoyed it, Bebonang!

the happier you get, the angrier I get :mad2:

oh wow.... I just noticed this thread got to page 6 pretty fast.... :-o

:) I am glad you feel better.

Oh, no...don't go there with the sheep again, jiro! We got in trouble for that!:lol:

you STILL remember that?
LOL_smilie.gif

Doh! it's late for you guys on east coast.
Still 3 hours behind you all baby!

Have a good rest though Botti! *Slips out of line*

you could say that. or maybe I'm just a black sheep. :laugh2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbaOgeuHhU8]YouTube - John Anderson - Black Sheep (1983)[/ame]

John Anderson - Black Sheep

My daddy was a brakeman on a highball traveling train
Mama she raised four little children and the family had a good name
And papa and mama wanted all for us they never had
Big brother little brother sister too none of them turned out half bad
Cept me I'm the black sheep of the family

Big brother went to college and became a doctor man
I guess he makes about a million dollars a year off the folks own insurance plan
He's got a big long Mercedes Benz and a house overlooking the town
He sits in his Jacuzzi and he watches the sun go down
And he feels real sorry for me I'm the black sheep of the family

Yeah I drive me a big ol' semi truck I'm makin' payments on a two room shack
My wife she waits on tables and at night she rubs my back
And I tell her what my papa said to my mama when he got off a highball train
Wake me up early be good to my dogs and teach my children to pray

Little sister married a banker yeah he owns a country club
He bought her a big ol' racing horse and a funny lookin' little dog
He buys her big rings and diamonds and a brand new Japanese yacht
They like to get together and talk about all the things they've got
But they never mention me I'm the black sheep of the family