Add lithium to drinking water

No way thanks! Its still chemical and may harmful to humans! :eek:

that's paranoia. It's actually about addressing the possible nutritional deficiency.

Otherwise, wed' be so seriously deficient in many vitamins if we did not have FDA mandate that cereals be fortified with vitamins.

And if not for fluoridated treatment, we'd have more caries.

If not for folate, we'd have more birth defects.

If not for vaccines, we'd be dead or disfigured or morbidly disabled.

that's paranoia. It's actually about addressing the possible nutritional deficiency.

No, and attempting to claim that it is, is at best ignorant of the explanations many of us have given, and at worst intentionally dishonest.

Otherwise, wed' be so seriously deficient in many vitamins if we did not have FDA mandate that cereals be fortified with vitamins.

I don't eat cereal. Am I now deficient in vitamins?

Perhaps, although with brushing your teeth as a much more common habit than it was when fluoride was first introduced to the water supply, I doubt that the effect would be nearly as large as it was when that first happened.

What does this have to do with anything? You get folate from your diet, not from forcing it into the water supply.

No, people did live and many were not disfigured or diseased before vaccines existed. That's not to say that they're unnecessary - we've been able to practically eradicate entire diseases because of vaccines. But that's still an entirely different category than putting something into the water supply.

Luckily, people who are far more educated on the subject than you who actually make these decisions.

Japan gets along fine without processed cereal. We're the only nation on Earth who developed a dependency on dried grain flakes. And no, you don't need to thank the FDA for fortifying it. Thanks the guy who developed yougurt enema: Kellogg of Battle Creek.

Second of all, there is no evidence to suggest lithium is even an essential nutrient. Thirdly, almost all lithium that pass through our body don't get used, they are passed through the urine automatically. That's why with high doseages of lithium, it's associated with renal disorders.

Lithium was put in 7-UP til the 1950s.

I do not agree with putting a heavy metal in our water. We have enough toxin in our water as it is. Lithium can also cause harm to unborn babies. I do not think it will do any good. I prefer to naturally occur lithium instead of having added doses to our drinking water.

There is no evidence whatsoever that lack of naturally occurring lithium in water creates any type of nutritional deficiency. And there is especially no evidence that lack of naturally occurring lithium in water is a cause of greater degrees of diagnosable mental illness or that adding an artificial chemical compound to drinking water will decrease the incidence of any category of mental illness.

Instead of adding lithium to drinking water, time and funds would be much better spent in making prevention and treatment services available to those that need it.

Lithium was put in 7-UP til the 1950s.

I do not agree with putting a heavy metal in our water. We have enough toxin in our water as it is. Lithium can also cause harm to unborn babies. I do not think it will do any good. I prefer to naturally occur lithium instead of having added doses to our drinking water.

Shall we go back to the days of adding cocaine to Coca-Cola so that we have a lesser incidence of chronic fatigue and depression?

Shall we go back to the days of adding cocaine to Coca-Cola so that we have a lesser incidence of chronic fatigue and depression?

Sure!! Lets all get doped up and walk around like crazed addicts!!

No doubt! The whole idea strikes me as absurd. Penicillin is a naturally occuring mold. But since people aren't too fond of eating moldy bread, perhaps we should start adding penicillin to the water to decrease the incidence of sinus infections. Or progesterone and estrogen to decrease the birth rate because the world is over populated.

Your body is made up of all sorts of chemicals, too. Among other things, water (aka dihydrogen monoxide, lol) is a chemical.

True! :whistle:

However, I do not like the lithium pouring in the beverage! :eek3:

Back