A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

1381220_404740729626040_1220552988_n.jpg

yesterday afternoon in NYC - I drove past a massive "Block Party"... which is a bunch of motorcycle lawless hooligans terrorizing the streets. :mad2:

from last year -

Hollywood Block Party 2012 Times Square NYC - YouTube

I fear getting tangled up in a large group like this when the cops block the road off ever since I was riding to work one morning and got stuck dirtectly in the middle of a large group of cruisers. I stood out so badly being the only sport bike and the only brightly coloured bike in the group (All their bikes were black or some other dark colour, whereas mine is red).

ah.... here it is. based on what I read in the comments - a father and child was in Range Rover and a father ran over several bikers because he was in fear for his life and child's life.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw]GOPR2900 - YouTube[/ame]

what's the seat height of your bike? it looks like 31-32" I would prefer 30"

It is actually 33" tall. Folks with short inseams would benefit from replacing the dog bones with shorter ones.

I wear pants with 32" inseam lengths, and here is a pic of me on the bike last weekend. The balls of my feet barely touch the ground.

i-gKjjFzk-XL.jpg

ah.... here it is. based on what I read in the comments - a father and child was in Range Rover and a father ran over several bikers because he was in fear for his life and child's life.

GOPR2900 - YouTube

A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark. Apparently 1 rider was killed.

A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark. Apparently 1 rider was killed.

The video was uploaded by the biker to Live Leak with the caption, "A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride." The information posted with the video claimed that a biker was killed when he was hit by the Range Rover, but police said that was not true

Video Shows Motorcyclists Pull Driver from Car in NYC, Beat Him - ABC News

Jiro = Yesterday, 05:40 AM

Evo Dragon = Yesterday, 07:04 PM

Well, you post different thread. I created my own thread, anyway

there you go.. you :repost: cuz kokonut created a thread first.

Few weeks ago, I got caught in downpour when I was heading home from work. I was staying at work after I clocked off just to write down what other employees should know when I will be off for 10 days vacation. It was close to 6pm and saw dark "evil" cloud hoovering overhead when I got out. I only have sweatshirt over my work uniform and no helmet (squid rider of the day). I rode my motorcycle a block away from work and waiting for traffic signal. It started sprinkling for few seconds then suddenly pouring (look like cloudburst) lightening and windy. Driver next to me rolled down his window and he was kinda laughing at me as biker caught in rain. I told him I'm just fine with rain, been caught through this several time so I'm used to it. We both laughing. As soon as light turn green, I turned left and suddenly I got buffered by short microburst so I pulled over to parking lot during downpour but it subsided quickly so I went back to road and continue riding through "largest car wash" with winds and lightening at 35mph for 13 miles. Lot of drivers trailing behind me going down hill and I suspect that they are afraid to pass by me around modest curves on road. They think I have ball of steel to ride through downpour when most bikers pulls for cover. I can't see through windshield of my motorcycle so I look outside of windshield and heavy rain pounded my face like millions of rubberbands at 40mph. It didn't hurt much and I was wearing dark Rx motorcycle sunglasses (who cares!). Surprisingly that my motorcycle didn't slip at all. I arrived home completely soaked and I had to take off my boots and dump water out. :rofl:

I should be awarded with steel balls to hang behind my motorcycle fender for toughness :giggle:

Catty

As for tires that I have on my motorcycle, I still have Metzeler ME880 since I replaced it when I bought motorcycle 4 years ago. It now have 12,500 miles on both tires. Rear tire have 1/2 thread life left. Like above post, I rode through downpour and didn't have any problems with it. I was thinking about replacing both tires when rear tire become nearly bald (I guess close to 20k to 25k miles). I may go for "soft" tire that can stick on road better during rain. I have seen cruiser motorcycle rode past by me at 60mph and turned into ramp during normal rainstorm. It kinda freaked me out and wondering what kind of tires he uses and it stuck like glue to road. My tires are hard rubber tires which is why it last long time but it doesn't stick on wet road very well. It does sticks to wet road at 40mph while going around modest curve.

Several brands I am considering but what is your suggestion. My tire size front 130/90-16, rear 170/80-15
Shinko
Contentinal
Pirelli
Dunlop
IRC (Suzuki Volusia's OEM tires)
Kenda
Yokohama

Some brands only carry one size. I would prefer matching front and rear.

Catty

Monday night I came around a corner and ran over then still fresh roadkill, I didn't have enough time to swerve, I starightened the bike mid turn and braced for impact and almost lost control of my bike.

The roadkill dented a header on the bottom and got blood and other matter all overt my tires, oil pan and when I started my bike to let it warm up, some of that stuff literally started to cook on the exhaust and smoke.. Made me feel so sick smelling that. At least m quick action saved me from a wreck, I'd hate to think of the outcome had I not straightened up my bike and hit it still in mid turn.

Hey guy winter is coming soon and it's time to put motorcycle to "sleep" :rofl: I just poured in 1/4 cup of Seafoam in tank (it was just less than half full who cares). And I just fired up and let it run for 10 minutes then shut off and push it back into garage. Tomorrow (Dec 3rd) will be last nice day before temperature drops on Wed. I am planning on ordering Highway pegs for my bike because split crashbar is much closer than full crashbar and heels of my boot can sit on top of it easily.

I also have another motorcycle that my friend asked me to fix. It's 2003 Yamaha V Star 1100 Custom. Her motorcycle won't crank because of bad 1 way bearing inside of Starter Clutch. I quickly figure out what's wrong because starter spins and all three gears inside crankcase spins too but flywheel won't turn. I checked online and found out Yamaha V Star 1100 have common problems with kickback that damages 1 way bearing and Starter (outer ring of planetary gears become loose after many kickbacks and it spins when it's not supposed to). It's a design flaws so Yamaha re-designed Starter Clutch system. It's the mid gears between Starter gear and Starter Clutch gear have its new name, Damper. Original mid-gear is solid one pieces and do not have spring inside to absorb kickback. New re-designed Damper have spring inside so it can absorb engine kickback. I ordered Starter Clutch kit which consists 7 pieces. It costs $524 at Yamaha Stealership but I bought it through Ebay for $300. Great deal. I replaced Starter Clutch system. Then put Clutch cover back on and poured in oil. I cranked the engine and look through oil filler hole and seeing all gears turns slowly including flywheel (which is very good that I installed new parts correctly). I was puzzled because starter was humming while everything moves slow. Somethings slipping. I decide to remove starter and tore it all apart into millions pieces. It look fine to me and I put it all back in. I happened to have old Honda motorcycle starter motor. I decide to do the comparison. Honda Starter would churns when I turn the gear end. Yamaha Starter is quiet when I turn its gear. I found out it's the Planetary Gear Outer ring slipping. The ring do not have pegs or slot to secure it. It's basically rounded and is compressed to fit inside the gearbox but I was able to pull it out with hooked tool with ease. I was thinking about hacking the gearbox by drilling several short hole into outer ring without interfering Ring's inner gear teeth to secure the ring permanently with short hex bolt so that it'll churns without slippage. Replacement Yamaha Starter motor would cost $108 in Ebay or Used one for $50. Since that starter basically in a good shape so why not hack it. Once I get her motorcycle up and running, She will pay me $$$ for labor :naughty:

Catty

Does anyone here like to take their bike to the drags for a bit of fun (yea i realise its quite cold and wet where most americans and canadians are now.

Here in Florida, they have quite a few around the Courtney Campbell Causeway. ( They'll illegal though ) of course. I've ridden my bike out there a few times just to scope the scene... I ride a cruiser style bike, so I'm not really drag racing it out as is. :laugh2: Of course, I'm in Florida and have no idea where you are. It's not wet here at all... It's cold to us Floridians... but 60 isn't cold to most. :laugh2:

Anyone know a good website to order some good quality mirrors from? My friend ended up dropping my bike over the weekend ( Thank god it fell on the peg and handle bar avoiding any dents or scratches ESPECIALLY on my tank ) However, it broke off my right mirror right at the adjustment point. I JB Welded it back on, but it looks terrible and of course, and I can't adjust it anymore. :doh: I worry about Ebay because I have a friend that got mirrors on there and they rusted within a few weeks. :( I also don't want to go through Honda because god knows that will be SUPER expensive and I kind of want to get away from the stock look. :D

Back