A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

everyday? lol no way unless he rode a lot in one day.

I apply mine every 500 miles or after riding in rain. as for you... it pretty much depends on what lube you use and how long you rode for. it's best to find manufacturer's recommendation in your manual book.

I do not have the manual book. :(

Anyone care to find the manual book for me?

1981 kawasaki kz550.

Thank you.

I do not have the manual book. :(

Anyone care to find the manual book for me?

1981 kawasaki kz550.

Thank you.

oh don't worry about it. it's not a big deal. what lube are you going to get?

oh don't worry about it. it's not a big deal. what lube are you going to get?

DuPont Teflon Chain Saver as you recommend. Walmart have one and I will going buy it later.

My friend from NY recommend Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease - RevZilla. he said, "I prefer to use my hands to put on lube, than spray lube on (it can get everywhere). " Maybe I will order it later. He told me same thing about 500 miles.

Non o-ring chains should be lubed every 200 to 300 miles usually around a full tank of gas and cleaned every 600.

DuPont Teflon Chain Saver as you recommend. Walmart have one and I will going buy it later.

My friend from NY recommend Bel-Ray Waterproof Grease - RevZilla. he said, "I prefer to use my hands to put on lube, than spray lube on (it can get everywhere). " Maybe I will order it later. He told me same thing about 500 miles.

that grease doesn't look too bad but... it looks messy :lol:

the reason why I don't use grease is because over time - it collects dirt/debris/etc. and you'll have to clean it up with a cleaning solution + brush it and then grease it again. if you don't mind spending an hour or two doing it with a couple of beers... go ahead.

Yea, brushes are hard on o-ring chains too. I use DuPont chain saver on o-ring chains. I'm not sure if it gets in deep enough for regular chains though so i use oil on non o-ring.

what a major douchebag -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7WSo8gIyeA]Rambo Motorcyclist epic fail in the middle of the crowd - YouTube[/ame]

tumblr_inline_mjv6lc2jzA1qz4rgp.gif

just FYI - we're talking about sport bike. it's a different category to what you're referring to. 1000cc sport bike is not "nothing". too many people get killed that way.

AAh make sense. Sport bike are light weight. I agree that it's too much. I tried to race against sport bike and he zipped away ahead of me :lol: My bike is heavy which is why. It make more sense if Cruiser motorcycle have 2,000 cc and it rides like caddy but powerful. Normally it will have fat rear tires for it. Fatter the rear tire, harder for engine to work. Make sense?

Catty

I've always thought that CC size was a bad way to compare power. There are new designs and lightweight materials that make modern 500cc bikes faster than old 800cc bikes.

1977 KZ1000 = 83hp, 59 lb·ft torque and 540 lb dry
2013 Z1000 = 136.1 hp, 81 lbf·ft torque and 480 lb dry

BIG difference!

I'm not a big Biker, although I've ridden and worked on Ex-British Army Harley-Davidson Armstrong MT350's though (Not a "proper" harley apparently according to all the bikers round here....)
I'd have something like a Suzuk TU250X or a Royal Enfield though - preferably with a sidecar, something Old School!

Now you know I'm not a proper biker :)

for weeks.... I'm losing sleep over which bike to get.... R1200GS or R1200RT.... :mad2:

I'm this close to putting up my bike for sale but I need to decide on which bike to get....

I've always thought that CC size was a bad way to compare power. There are new designs and lightweight materials that make modern 500cc bikes faster than old 800cc bikes.

Yes it's true. In matter of fact, I rode 1979 Honda 750-4 Super Sport and it was dang mean fast bike, faster than my 800cc. Because skinny tires, light frames, and Aluminuim 4 cylinders engine. It nearly tried to pry my hands off its handlebar when I throttle up to 75mph in 5 seconds on 2nd gears, it's too dang scary!!! :eek2:

Catty

that grease doesn't look too bad but... it looks messy :lol:

the reason why I don't use grease is because over time - it collects dirt/debris/etc. and you'll have to clean it up with a cleaning solution + brush it and then grease it again. if you don't mind spending an hour or two doing it with a couple of beers... go ahead.

I have Bel Ray waterproof grease. It goes long way and useful for greasing that water can try wash it away. I don't mind to clean dirty grease and slather fresh one. I use paper towel and sometime use Carb cleaner spray to "melt" grease off.

It's perfect for greasing boat trailer because when I travelled long trip on western states at night, I saw distant flickering until I passed by and it turned out boat trailer axle was on fire, it was my 3rd or 4th times seeing it on same night. Owners did not check to be sure that Boat trailer axle been greased with waterproof grease before hauling boat for trip. Idiots. If I own one, I would re-grease every 4th or 5th boating trip. I don't care if it's still fresh, replace it no matter what.

Catty

Back