A day made of glass

My father signs, so I understood what he said - it was translated from his little brother - :dunno:

@Alex who knows? I don't know, they have 25 panels on their roof.

I wasn't referring to miscommunication due to method of communication. I meant the part about understanding what he was explaining. Perhaps maybe it was too technical that you misunderstood something or maybe you just didn't remember it too well.

I'm checking link in bott's post.

I wasn't referring to miscommunication due to method of communication. I meant the part about understanding what he was explaining. Perhaps maybe it was too technical that you misunderstood something or maybe you just didn't remember it too well.

I'm checking link in bott's post.
Um, I clearly understood what my dad said - all he said
"Bad for the global warming" that was it.
I didn't give a damn about asking him why because my uncle said
"F^&^$ Global warming"

"F^&^$ Global warming"

Was your uncle saying that several years ago when there was a giant hole in the Ozone layer over Australia and your country's skin cancer rate skyrocketed?

Absolutely bogus. The heat energy is converted into electrical energy. This is basic physics. Sheesh.

correction - light. not heat energy... unless you're referring to solar troughs :)

Heat Energy --> Electrical Energy = Steam/Nuclear/Coal/Oil/Geothermal Power Plants to name few...

"F^&^$ Global warming"

:lol:

I just finished reading it.

cman said
Solar panels trap a greater amount of energy from the sun than the natural terrain (since it is black) and consequently retains that energy on earth contributing to the rising temperatures on the planet.

For example - a solar powered motor will still produce heat through friction which would then be stuck on the planet.

If this is true, does anyone know any good articles on the topic?

FALSE! wow.... I feel sorry for him. I wonder where's he getting his education from??? I bet he thinks Earth is flat :roll:

inow said
It's not true, because you are ignoring where that trapped energy goes. A solar panel converts that "greater amount of energy" into a usable and transferable source which can power other things... anything which plugs in or requires heating. When striking natural terrain, all of that solar radiation simply dissipates as heat (barring the photosynthetic and other similar processes).

When you look at the net result, solar is clearly not a net contributor to rising temperatures, and this is especially apparent when measured against the reduction in CO2 which is released into the atmosphere from those sources whose demand is ultimately reduced by contributions from solar generation.
TRUE! well... close but good enough!

I just finished reading it.

cman said

FALSE! wow.... I feel sorry for him. I wonder where's he getting his education from??? I bet he thinks Earth is flat :roll:

inow said

TRUE! well... close but good enough!

What is true? It does contribute, or it does not contribute?

I'm sure they are merged with Solar Panels, Solar roof, windmills, and so on since Earth are getting hotter every year.

I read Solar Panels do not work that great in New England , are winters are so long and you have clean the snow off the Solar Panels. My daughter and son in law have a friend that a contractor and he get a lot of jobs taking
.Solar Panels off roofs in New England.

I read Solar Panels do not work that great in New England , are winters are so long and you have clean the snow off the Solar Panels. My daughter and son in law have a friend that a contractor and he get a lot of jobs taking
.Solar Panels off roofs in New England.

I wouldn't use solar panels in northern area. colossal waste of money. best to invest in geothermal.

What is Geothermal? :confused: I don't know if that is related to the Glass technologies in the near future. :hmm:

What is Geothermal? :confused: I don't know if that is related to the Glass technologies in the near future. :hmm:

heat from ground. you will never pay for heating bill ever again :lol:

geothermal2.jpeg

Geothermal_Vertical_Loop.jpg

heat from ground. you will never pay for heating bill ever again :lol:

geothermal2.jpeg

Geothermal_Vertical_Loop.jpg

Oh, I get it. It is only heating, not electricity, eh? :lol: Did you see the video all mention like electricity run with glass technologies in the house and car? Oh, come on. :roll:

As for heating, that would be great that I don't have to pay. Today we use oils from the tanks to heat our homes on First Nation Reserve. :eek3:

Oh, I get it. It is only heating, not electricity, eh? :lol: Did you see the video all mention like electricity run with glass technologies in the house and car? Oh, come on. :roll:

As for heating, that would be great that I don't have to pay. Today we use oils from the tanks to heat our homes on First Nation Reserve. :eek3:

it can be used as electricity too. Same concept as steam engine.

Heat Energy --> Electricity Energy

Back