A day made of glass

My husband and I will not be here for the new technology on the new glass computer type thingys. This video is like a dream hoping to be like that in the near Future. I don't know if that is possible or not. :dunno: It look like it will be like an experiment to try out those things. I would rather be in the down to earth old fashioned way. :)

The cigarettes companies would be happy to see a little girl smoking that mean more money for the greedy bastards!

I don't smoke. I thought the cigarette companies were going to go out.. Many new laws are passed to restrict smoking.

I don't smoke. I thought the cigarette companies were going to go out.. Many new laws are passed to restrict smoking.

Yeah my state just pass law to add more taxes on cigarette , but people drive to New Hampshire where is tax free!

Umm. :hmm: I am wondering if all this glass technologies for the houses would cost a lot of money for electricity bills or is that going to be like solar plates or windmills to try lower the cost of electricity bills? It look like everything run by electricity, even the cars might be electric cars with many electric buttons. I am not very happy with electricity cost way too high. So no, thank you. :(

Umm. :hmm: I am wondering if all this glass technologies for the houses would cost a lot of money for electricity bills or is that going to be like solar plates or windmills to try lower the cost of electricity bills? It look like everything run by electricity, even the cars might be electric cars with many electric buttons. I am not very happy with electricity cost way too high. So no, thank you. :(
What if the electricity has gone cheap once again? Would you go for it?

I'm sure they are merged with Solar Panels, Solar roof, windmills, and so on since Earth are getting hotter every year.

Interesting movie. It definitely appeals to me in some sorts, but I have to ask if people would feel content. I also noticed a lack of "stuff" throughout the video beyond basic necessities (clothes, food, cars). People measure their life differently - people they love, stuff they have, experiences and so forth. Would this sort of glass-life require a change in thought? Or lifestyle.

It looks like wrapping paper on life or something.

I think of my own family lifestyle (farming) and how this would have little benefit.

Hmm? care to elobrate?

ok here -

I'm sure they are merged with Solar Panels, Solar roof, windmills, and so on since Earth are getting hotter every year.
these power source do not produce much greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.

When a significant portion of houses are powered by solar panels/roofs and windmills.... this reduces our dependency on power plants (coal, electricity, nuclear, etc.) thus reducing our carbon footprint.

ok here -

these power source do not produce much greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming.

When a significant portion of houses are powered by solar panels/roofs and windmills.... this reduces our dependency on power plants (coal, electricity, nuclear, etc.) thus reducing our carbon footprint.
interesting, how come my father said solar panels on roof - is bad for global warming?
Is it misinformation or just a make up regarding these?
I just know that solar panels would help reduce the costs of paying electricity.

interesting, how come my father said solar panels on roof - is bad for global warming?
I just know that solar panels would help reduce the costs of paying electricity.

is it possible that you misunderstood him?

well, I don't think they're bad for global warming, but... solar panels have to be made using petroleum... maybe that's what he meant?

ok here -

Science Forum - Solar Panels contribute to global warming in their use

JClarke's dad is right

is it possible that you misunderstood him?
My father signs, so I understood what he said - it was translated from his little brother - :dunno:

@Alex who knows? I don't know, they have 25 panels on their roof.

Back