Your Kitchen...

If anyone else would like to post pictures of their kitchen, you all are more than welcome.

If needed, the mods can move the thread to where they feel it needs to be regarding picture post.

:)

I was just about to post mine I took specially for you guys... :D (only one side of the kitchen though...) I can always add a second one tomorrow if anybody is curious :wave:

Jamie

I haven't decorated my kitchen with the exception of candles and a few knicknacks at the end island bookcase. The kitchen's large and colorful with the counter and backsplash that it looks beautiful all on its own. The walls are painted Ecru. The house is only a few years old - I had it built. I'm a huge fan of simplicity. Here's a pix of the kitchen:

08120503-kitchenlight.jpg

I have been dreaming of this kitchen that you put in the picture. My husband and I would love to have this to remodel all woods including the wood floor. We just can not afford to remodel. The Band Office in our Reserve First Nation had built us a house with small kitchen mostly in white including the white appliances and I am not good at painting the right color. Someday we will find a way to have enough money to remodel our kitchen. *sigh* Alley Cat, you are lucky to have this kitchen and it is a dream kitchen that almost everyone want one like that. Lucky you!! :cool2:

If anyone else would like to post pictures of their kitchen, you all are more than welcome.

If needed, the mods can move the thread to where they feel it needs to be regarding picture post.

Yes I will only if the moderator move your thread to picture/video sub-forum.

I was just about to post mine I took specially for you guys... :D (only one side of the kitchen though...) I can always add a second one tomorrow if anybody is curious :wave:

Jamie

wow, very nice and friendly kitchen. Those kitchen is similar what I saw my German friends´ house.

Sounds nice, ad'ers.

Beautiful kitchen, you have here, AlleyCat (and JamieLynn)! :)
I had my kitchen remodeling two years ago, just like yours, oak cabinets, granite countertops (Marble dark green) and all white appliances (including the new wine cooler, which just installed a few days ago...) and the washer/dryer set. I have all Kitchen Aid appliances, including stand mixer, hand mixer, blender, food processor, toaster, and coffee maker.

My kitchen used to be decorated in sunflowers. Green wood and oak. Now I have white cabinets, granite counters, and my decor changed to black and white checkerboard, with cherries.

Thank you, everyone! I do love this kitchen, very roomy!

Liebling, surprised you remembered I have 3 cats. LOL But no, I have 2 roommates. I could not afford this house otherwise !! :)

Yes I will only if the moderator move your thread to picture/video sub-forum.

Mod's Note:

The thread is moved to the Pictures & Video Section. :)

None decoration!! but Just simple :thumb: similar to Alleycat! :)

Jamie

I'm waiting for second one.... mmmhhhh

No theme here. Just sunny yellow paint kitchen with green/blue/yellow stripes curtains. Blue table cloth and blue jeans cushions for the chairs. It looks really nice. :cool2:

I would have liked the idea to have wood floors in my kitchen. I am not so sure about the water near the sink, or we always walk in the kitchen everyday that could diminish the surface on the floor in a few years. It might be expensive (ridiculous) to repair in the future when the prices go up. You know what I mean.

There are two types of laminated wood floors: one contains aluminum that has shiny and another one does not have aluminum without shiny. Do you know anything about it? Don't you think that it is not a big deal to have the laminated wood floors with aluminum? Aluminum is well-known for Alzheimer's disease.

Mine are the real hardwood floors with several coats of varnish. The varnish prevents water from getting into the wood. All of us have spilled many times (and often the water at the refrigerator (the water and ice option if you know what I mean -- runs over, as well as ice running over) and it hasn't affected the hardwood floors at all. I would think that if you used the real hardwood floors with a varnish seal over all of it, you would not have a problem at all with the wood. The builder did the hardwood floors as well as the varnish, and 4 years later, you can't tell it's not brand-new.

Okay. Sounds good to me.

I have a ranch house. I wonder if you think that it would be a good or bad idea to have all the same wood floors in every room such living room, dining room, kitchen, etc. Don't you think that might be boring?

I have oak floors in the bedrooms. I can't get the picture myself if I want bamboo for dining room and/or living room, and regular woods would be in the kitchen and family room. :hmm:

Here comes the second piccie... Oh and I forgot the most important decoration in the kitchen... probably the only one <giggle>

(PS. it's a picture of my clock which comes in the shape of a cute little piggie) ;)

Jamie

Back