Your Kitchen...

Babyblue

Reaction score
What kind of home decoration do you have for your kitchen?

Mind is decorated in apples. With a lot of apple decorations and whatnots. I absolutely love the apple look in my kitchen. The red looks good in my kitchen as well.

My kitchen is decorated with fruit labels on small serving trays from the 1920's and the 1930's as well as a serving tray from Honduras which is glass on the bottomto protect the cloth of these two birds. Very colorful and the sides and handle are handmade, carved wood.

I have white painted cupboards with porcelain knobs with blue flowers. The walls around the stove, sink etc. are little white tiles. On the upper walls I have a big metal colander, an antique chopstick box filled with chopsticks, and two decorative plates with fruit painted on. For holding small appliances, I have an old 1940's cart with three shelves.

I have white painted cupboards with porcelain knobs with blue flowers. The walls around the stove, sink etc. are little white tiles. On the upper walls I have a big metal colander, an antique chopstick box filled with chopsticks, and two decorative plates with fruit painted on. For holding small appliances, I have an old 1940's cart with three shelves.

I love porcelain knobs! I want to replace the cheap ones I have with porcelain with Apples on it.

I love porcelain knobs! I want to replace the cheap ones I have with porcelain with Apples on it.

Those knobs are one thing we put on when we bought the house. We got them in a bin at the local antique store. I think they are very cheerful. :)

My kitchen is decorated with fruit labels on small serving trays from the 1920's and the 1930's as well as a serving tray from Honduras which is glass on the bottomto protect the cloth of these two birds. Very colorful and the sides and handle are handmade, carved wood.

Cool! My china have some old depression glasses in it. Some of them are pastel from the 1920's beautiful pieces I may say. I also collect antique tea cups and saucers. That are in my China cabinet.

Cool! My china have some old depression glasses in it. Some of them are pastel from the 1920's beautiful pieces I may say. I also collect antique tea cups and saucers. That are in my China cabinet.

In my cabinet--it's antique Japanese dolls from the 1800's.

My sweetie was born in Japan thus our living room is all Asian art and decor.

And on the subject of china, mine isn't. I have old Fire King and Pyrex from the forties and fifties. All thrift store and antique store finds, assembled laboriously at one piece at a time.

At my old place--the kitchen had decor of Ohio souvenir plates--each one different.

Thank God for eBay! :lol:

And on the subject of china, mine isn't. I have old Fire King and Pyrex from the forties and fifties. All thrift store and antique store finds, assembled laboriously at one piece at a time.

I have some of those too. My Favorite is the Peach French Casserole dish.

I find several of them in Thrift stores. Such as where I find most of my dishes that are in my China Cabinet. Some were given to me by older family members. I keep several in the bottem. When I get board I rotate and swap out the display. :giggle:

I think I am due to do that soon since I have not done so since Christmas. :lol:

I like the Dogwood or Peach Blossom of Fire King that is painted by Gay Fad.

They are kind of hard to find.

Last weekend, we found in Goodwill, three of the Fireking snack plates and the cups that fit in a little depression on the plate. They had wheat sheafs painted on and that is one I never saw on the snack sets. Got all six pieces for about $5.

I like the Dogwood or Peach Blossom of Fire King that is painted by Gay Fad.

They are kind of hard to find.

Last weekend, we found in Goodwill, three of the Fireking snack plates and the cups that fit in a little depression on the plate. They had wheat sheafs painted on and that is one I never saw on the snack sets. Got all six pieces for about $5.

Cool! 5 Bucks not bad. The wheat Fire kings are also hard to find.

I do have a Milk Glass Pitcher. Big and bulky. Not really a fan of milk glass. but it sits under the cabinet.

My kitchen is designed in white and colbalt blue. The cupboards are made of oak while the countertops have a tan/white vertical striped design. I have a cobalt colored mirror that looks like a picture frame on one wall in my kitchen which I'm told reflects the light and helps make it look brighter. I also have a white microwave which my sister tells me matches my refrigerator. I have several cobalt glass canisters that hold sugar, flour and salt as well as another cobalt canister that holds all of my kitchen utensils. You may be wondering why my kichen is color-coordinated if I can't see. My kitchen is all done in cobalt since that was my late mother's favorite color. :)

My kitchen is designed in white and colbalt blue. The cupboards are made of oak while the countertops have a tan/white vertical striped design. I have a cobalt colored mirror that looks like a picture frame on one wall in my kitchen which I'm told reflects the light and helps make it look brighter. I also have a white microwave which my sister tells me matches my refrigerator. I several cobalt blue glass canisters that hold sugar, flour and salt as well as another cobalt canister that holds all of my kitchen utensils. You may be wondering why my kichen is color-coordinated if I can't see. My kitchen is all done in cobalt since that was my late mother's favorite color. :)

Cobalt blue goes very well in kitchens, HA your mother has great taste! :)

Especially with white appliances.

:ty: Babyblue. That's what my sister said as well. :)

If I had to get rid of my apple decors. I would go for cobalt blue. :)

Red, and blue are my favorite colors.

Red as in apples.. apples are my favorite fruit as well. A bright fiery color, to describe my kitchen.

Blue. Is a bright lovely color that makes my day cheery. like a bright sunny day. hence, the blue sky, no clouds to dampen the day.

If I had to get rid of my apple decors. I would go for cobalt blue. :)

Red, and blue are my favorite colors.

Red as in apples.. apples are my favorite fruit as well. A bright fiery color, to describe my kitchen.

Blue. Is a bright lovely color that makes my day cheery. like a bright sunny day. hence, the blue sky, no clouds to dampen the day.

That sounds nice. :) If my kitchen weren't cobalt, I'd probably have an apple theme myself since it happens to be my favorite fruit. My sister has an apple themed kitchen as well. :)

Back