Which country best for Deafies?

These are my opinions:

United States, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Great Britain, Poland, Australia, Argentina, Greenland, Austria, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Germany, Finland, France, Belgium, Japan and Greece.

Hi, I'm wondering why did you say that my country i.e. Poland is one of the best countries for Deafies?
In my opinion this country is not friendly for Deafies that wastes one's breath...

Hi, I'm wondering why did you say that my country i.e. Poland is one of the best countries for Deafies?
In my opinion this country is not friendly for Deafies that wastes one's breath...

Just curious, why do you think that? I never heard anything good out of Poland for the deaf...

Just curious, why do you think that? I never heard anything good out of Poland for the deaf...

Polish sign language is all screwed up. From what I understand, back in the 50s or 60s, the native Polish sign language was replaced with more of a manually coded polish language. The sad thing is that this wasn't the result of hearing influence, but rather, the Polish deaf community thinking that it would be better. It was a sort of self-imposed linguistic genocide.

Perhaps one of our Polish friends can step in and clarify the history, since I'm sure I've simplified this far too much.

Polish sign language is all screwed up. From what I understand, back in the 50s or 60s, the native Polish sign language was replaced with more of a manually coded polish language. The sad thing is that this wasn't the result of hearing influence, but rather, the Polish deaf community thinking that it would be better. It was a sort of self-imposed linguistic genocide.

Perhaps one of our Polish friends can step in and clarify the history, since I'm sure I've simplified this far too much.

ewwww :(

Can't say I've been to other countries or asked other deaf people about those countries, but I can say a few things about ol' USA.

Accommodations; not always "equal". What I mean by that, most businesses/education places do the very most basic things just so a complaint isn't a full-on violation of law. Meaning, they'll provide something but it isn't really what you need. For example, I don't need an interpreter or note-taker so much as being suggested as something that would work better for me as a student. Which I learned a few weeks ago would probably fit my needs a lot better: CART. Sounds expensive, but I would catch a lot more of the lecture. Basically, people who employ/teach me are just going CYA and do the minimum and not really understand what it takes for me to be really effective. Law enforcement has been great to bad. The bad scenario was described in some posts awhile back. More visual cues would make life a lot easier.

Hearing Aids; the health care plan where I'm enrolled at a state office covers a very basic model that is said to cover up to "$1,000", but I've seen other HoH state employees with those hearing aids and those definitely not near the quality as the out-of-pocket $1,000 hearing aid I bought a few years ago.

USA is probably best for the Deaf people because they got a good education, insurance for HA and CI, more support for the Deaf people, Larger Deaf community and much more.

NZ is a very small country and got some good number of deaf community here. A lots of Deaf people moved to mainstream nowadays try to get a better education. Some Deaf people in NZ got a bit struggling with reading, written and vocabary in English. I believe that the Deaf people needs more support and assistance. Not many subtitles on TV and we miss out lots of important information. People in NZ wants to get second implant so they have to pay themselves and there are no insurance or government able to pay for it. I think its kinda bit unfair. It only provide just one implant. I know second implant is better than one.

In 2006, the New Zealand sign language is a 3rd official language in NZ and it was a very good news.

oh. I'm sure that made it very complicated for them to express their 3-d visual thoughts.

Hello Cute.
How are you doing and how is life with you? I m PAMELA BELL by name, single. I m here to find the right man of my life, I m new to the online dating a friend of mine get me started to this last week and i hope to find the right man, Someone who is caring, honest, understanding and also being faithful is a plus, because I m a God fearing woman...Well if this sound like what you are looking you can AIM on the ****messenger chat and so we can chat more and share more of feelings and thought and so we can be able to share more pics as well.
My ****Screen name chat is ( HOMEALONEPAM AT Y A H O O DOT COM )
I Long back to here back from you
I m Currently online now
PAMELA

You sound like one of those scammer types.

Back